SpursNetwork

Anyone Else Feeling a Bit Uneasy???

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
  • Season Ticket: No
Anyone Else Feeling a Bit Uneasy???
« on: July 13, 2011, 06:26:16 PM »
I dunno may just jumping the gun but........................................

after our dissapointing finish to last season, our lack of transfer activity both shifting deadwood and signing players we need (Jan window and current) and the Modders unrest with Dawson now following suit over pay and apparent revolt against Levy are we going into meltdown or what?

Anyone else think we are very close to a complete disaster? We were getting and are so close to achieving big things but are equally close to also going back to a mid table has been from yester year and there is nothing us loyal supporters can do about it, this build up to the coming season is so critical and teh season itself to where we will be heading for the next decade or so (unless a big buyer comes in)!

THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
Re: Anyone Else Feeling a Bit Uneasy???
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 04:02:18 AM »
Dawson released a statement of no such thing on the clubs website.

Modders on the other hand has hand in a transfer request while he is in Africa.. LOl

Offline baldbloke

• Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 10:19:20 AM »
I dunno may just jumping the gun but........................................

after our dissapointing finish to last season, our lack of transfer activity both shifting deadwood and signing players we need (Jan window and current) and the Modders unrest with Dawson now following suit over pay and apparent revolt against Levy are we going into meltdown or what?

Anyone else think we are very close to a complete disaster? We were getting and are so close to achieving big things but are equally close to also going back to a mid table has been from yester year and there is nothing us loyal supporters can do about it, this build up to the coming season is so critical and teh season itself to where we will be heading for the next decade or so (unless a big buyer comes in)!

There is a way to go yet, but my gut feeling isn't good. This Modders thing may well be creating unrest in the camp. In one sense I want Levy to stick his heals in, and in another I just want to sell Modders for as much as possible and get on with life. I believe that as we stand we are looking at 6th place at very best
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 12:00:03 PM »
You are right lets cash in on Modders for as much as possible and move on as a saga such as this could blow our season appart.

A huge concern then is what about Bale and other key players.

Why cant we shift the deadwood?

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 01:20:24 PM »

Simple. Other clubs know we are desperate to sell. The longer we dont sell the more desperate we will become and the price will have to drop. Thats what they are waiting for. I expect a huge exodus on deadline day as clubs snap our unwanted players up for bargain money. Freeing us to scurry about in the bargain basement picking up any old rubbish we can find at way over the odds and no better than the guys leaving. I dont know why Levy cant see this. He has to open his purse now get the players we need and then trust that the deadwood will be moved on in time. To do otherwise is suicidal it's all very well being frugal but if it cost us the teams chances next season it is bordering on madness.
Also he should never have stated publicly that we wouldn't be buying till we had sold as that just plays right into the hands of our rivals. They can bide their time and know that we will be inceasingly keen to sell as the deadline looms closer. If Levy deals like this with every aspect of his life I'd love to play him at poker I could do with a nice big house and a shiny Range Rover.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 07:44:56 PM by taimedowne »

Offline COYSacrossthepond

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 01:24:26 PM »
You are right lets cash in on Modders for as much as possible and move on as a saga such as this could blow our season appart.

A huge concern then is what about Bale and other key players.

I agree; at this point, Modric is just becoming a distraction; Harry says we won't sell him, then Levy says we won't sell him, then Modric says he wants to go, then it's a new week and the cycle starts again. We need to just go to Chelsea with a bottom line number and get it over with.

As to shifting the dead weight in the squad; it really really scares me that we haven't shifted anyone yet. Makes me think that Levy is trying to be too clever and get too much for our players, and since it's been made clear that we won't buy until we sell first... we need to stop wasting time and sell! it's creeping on towards August and we've still got the same squad as last year minus Woody ( :-\) and a few others; we've added Brad Friedel and some kids, but nothing we really need.

The longer this all goes on, the more apprehensive I get about our Levy's ambitions for the club. I was under the impression that we were trying to build a top 4 side and become a regular in the Champs League... but that takes some spending, and i'm afraid Levy is going to wait too late to sell trying to get top dollar and leave us without any options for buying.

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 03:30:38 PM »
About dead weight - Woodgate was released and O'Hara sold to Wolves so some people have actually moved on.

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 03:52:54 PM »
I'm not feeling very optimistic about us actually signing the players we've been hoping to see. I suppose you never know what might happen though.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 04:59:38 PM »
About dead weight - Woodgate was released and O'Hara sold to Wolves so some people have actually moved on.
I think when we say dead weight we really mean the excess players that can command a fee. If we can offload Keane, Bentley, Jenas etc we will have the funds Levy wants so that he can dip into the market. Woodgate going and Friedel arriving pretty much cancel each other out so all we have made so far is the £5mill from O'Hara and we wont get much for that.

Offline pukekohespur

• Hero: Greaves
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 07:46:37 PM »
I guess we could bring back a swag of South African players?
I.m not sure that there has been that much transfer activity generally. I think it is once again a case of everyone waiting to see who Chelsea and man City throw cash at and then the rest of us frantically scrabble for the rest.
The exception is Liverpool who do seem to be moving some players on and improving their squad with new signings
"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is." Danny Blanchflower

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2011, 06:14:31 PM »
I guess we could bring back a swag of South African players?
I.m not sure that there has been that much transfer activity generally. I think it is once again a case of everyone waiting to see who Chelsea and man City throw cash at and then the rest of us frantically scrabble for the rest.
The exception is Liverpool who do seem to be moving some players on and improving their squad with new signings

Well we just sold 50% of our south African players (can't even remember his name, but he never actually got to play for us). In general they just can't play over here, I suppose it's the lack of Zebra and Giraffe meat !!

Don't know if any of you listen to TalkSport, but they often talk about next years top four, and needless to say we are not included in the conversation, I WONDER WHY ?

Offline Spurs218

• Hero: Zokora
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2011, 08:03:42 PM »
Because talksport talk more s**te than GK?
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

RIP: Sir Bill Nicholson

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2011, 10:39:06 PM »
At least so far our pre-season is pretty wank results wise!!

Hate it when we do a cracker pre season and peak to early lol

Offline a12 warrior

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2011, 04:05:35 PM »
Just feel there needs to be some new blood up front Defoe missed a lot of games but never cut it when he came back, Pav blew hot and cold and Crouch was Crouch!!

But cant see anyone available better than what we have got!!!

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2011, 06:49:03 PM »
Because talksport talk more s**te than GK?

You are of course entitled to your opinion. I believe the feeling in the camp is poor, we have made little if no attempt to sign a quality striker or centre half, and I honestly believe next season may be a disaster. The worst thing at the moment is that we are being linked with crap striker from Citeh who earns a fortune and is a problem behind the scenes. As well as that it disgusts me that a club of our stature has to resort to taking players on loan. 

This coming season may well be the last year of my season ticket renewal