Options up Front .......

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
  • Season Ticket: No
Options up Front .......
« on: June 01, 2011, 11:41:45 PM »
The last 10 games of last seaon really hammered home the fact that we are lightweight up front, and 'Arry obviously knows this due to our scouring of europe in the January transfer window for a top striker.

The question is who or whom would fit nicely into the team or squad to give us the options up front we need?

Assuming that Van der Vaart is staying and that Keane has already gone who would you like to see as our front line, next season?

Personally the Berbatov angle sounds good up front with Van der Vaart just off him. I personally would keep Crouch but get rid of Defoe and Pavlyuchenko and try and buy Sturridge because I think this would give us good options, Berbatov, Sturridge, Crouch and Van der Vaart being the four main strikers.

What do you think ?

:up:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline aspursfan

Re: Options up Front .......
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 11:51:43 PM »
Sturridge would be good, but I really don't see Chelsea selling him. I'm honestly not very familiar with some of the foreign strikers we've been linked with so I don't know if they would be good or not.

I know this isn't going to happen, but wish we could bring in Alexandre Pato.

I suppose this will depend quit a bit on how successful we are at moving on some players. I hope their wage demands don't make it where we're desperately trying to sell and then have no time to bring anyone in.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline Spurs218

• Hero: Zokora
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 11:56:09 PM »
Players like Gervinho and Osvaldo are all unproven but we need to take a gamble on players like this, we've regretted it when we failed with players like Milito and Cavani.
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

RIP: Sir Bill Nicholson

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 12:39:07 AM »
Is it next season that the FFP rules start? If so, you'd think now would be the time to take a gamble on a striker.

I wish we could get Drogba. I'm sure he's still got at least a couple of good seasons in him. You know he will score goals and he seems to be getting better and better at shooting from free kicks. Seems like both him and Rooney have really improved in that area... Tevez as well for that matter! Seems like they've all gotten really good at it.

I think Drogba would give us guaranteed goals though.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 10:25:03 AM »
If we could get Drogba I'd be happy, but I think long term Sturridge would be a better option.

We really need a striker that can lead the line well and create aswell as score, Berbatov I would love but maybe theres a chance that we could get Odemwingie from West Brom. I'm trying to keep it sensible with realistic targets because we all could just type Benzema, Milito etc etc etc

:)
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Holtspur

• Hero: Ricky Villa
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 10:45:40 AM »
We need a proven goal scorer and I guess it depends who Harry lets go so that we have the balance of 2 little 'ins and 2 big fella's. I have grown quite fond of Pav - he has bided his time and been on the bench more than most, buts has scored more that Defore and Crouch combined. I would let Crouch go. Keane is already looking up who his next childhood favourite club is, so I would favour the West Brom chappie (blooming long name) and a Drogba type, but not necessarily him although Gallas will make him feel welcome

Offline Corlukas Guide Dog

• LOVE A BIT OF SPURS BANTER
  • Hero: Zinedine Zidane
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 12:43:48 PM »
I agree that we need somebody who is proven, however when you find top top players who know how to find the back of the net and have done consistently in their leagues and in europe they should br good enought to adapt to the prem. The perfect striker for us who may be achievale is to get  falcao of porto as we need someone who is just a great goalscorer good in the air and on the gtound holds up the ball well and can play lone striker. 'Apparently' i sae he has a release clause of 26m is it about time we went for someone like this ?

Offline Holtspur

• Hero: Ricky Villa
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 03:15:00 PM »
I agree that we need somebody who is proven, however when you find top top players who know how to find the back of the net and have done consistently in their leagues and in europe they should br good enought to adapt to the prem. The perfect striker for us who may be achievale is to get  falcao of porto as we need someone who is just a great goalscorer good in the air and on the gtound holds up the ball well and can play lone striker. 'Apparently' i sae he has a release clause of 26m is it about time we went for someone like this ?
Yep, I like Falcao.would be great for us