Modric or Bale ?

Offline Corlukas Guide Dog

• LOVE A BIT OF SPURS BANTER
  • Hero: Zinedine Zidane
  • Season Ticket: No
Modric or Bale ?
« on: June 01, 2011, 10:44:28 PM »
Hello there fellow fans !!
Just thought i'd ask that if we were to sell either Bale or Modric who would you rather see go ??

Personally, obviously as a club going forward it would be lovely to keep hold of them as its easy to see they're brilliant players for us. However, if we were to sell I would rather see Bale go as he is a fantastic player but doesnt dictate the play as much of Modric and although he has done well is less proven !! just a personal opinion of mine and i still feel Bale is a great player however for the supposed £50 million price tag i would bite whoever offered that's hand off !!

But lets hold onto both of them !! COYS

Opinions ??

Offline Spurs218

• Hero: Zokora
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Modric or Bale ?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 10:52:21 PM »
Modric is the best player we've had for decades so it would have to be Bale but I'd rather we kept both.

O/T but I'd sell them both if it meant a new stadium in Tottenham!
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

RIP: Sir Bill Nicholson

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 10:54:43 PM »
Fair enough, just wish we could expand WHL somehow as it's such a great atmospheric and would save us money  :dance:

Offline Spurs218

• Hero: Zokora
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 11:04:03 PM »
Ground and transport links are too old for that.
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

RIP: Sir Bill Nicholson

Offline Holtspur

• Hero: Ricky Villa
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 10:39:39 AM »
Prefer both to stay, but if one had to go, I'd rather lose Bale as Modders is pivotal in our midfield.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 12:24:59 PM »
Keep both sell Gareth Keown !!!!!

:dance:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 01:10:43 PM »
Haha ... well i knew there had to be a reason for them not making it bigger

Offline Holtspur

• Hero: Ricky Villa
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 03:16:46 PM »

Oh dear Ugs.................think you may be in line for a visit to Headmaster Keown's office for a few strokes lol

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 03:38:15 PM »

Oh dear Ugs.................think you may be in line for a visit to Headmaster Keown's office for a few strokes lol

Maybe Gareth could take Mr Jenas with him too or is that too much to ask LOL !!!!!

8D

‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2011, 09:58:49 AM »
I obviously would like to see us keep both, at least for one more season, to try and get back into the chmp LG. Although I agree with previous comments about how modric dictates the play and is a better player. I think that if we had to sell one it should be modric. This is due to the fact that I think he would be easier to replace. There are not really that many world class left mid around, however, there are a number of players who could come in and fill that role. We could even play brb there and have two strikers and play the traditional 442 that we play best.
Maybe next year...