SpursNetwork

Copy of an email from Spurs

Offline Spurs218

• Hero: Zokora
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Copy of an email from Spurs
« on: May 23, 2011, 08:23:44 PM »
Friend sent an email to Spurs and I thought some would appreciate posting the reply he got.

Thank you for your email, which was one of several I received on this subject.

We are aware that there has been much discussion regarding Harry’s comments and we should never want any of our fans to feel offended. Harry’s comments related to earlier ones he made about a specific phone in and specific individuals’ comments - he certainly is not referring to the wider Spurs fan base. We have aslo put a call into Sky as the interviewer clearly raised an issue that was not timely and which was deliberately designed to prompt a reaction from Harry.

In respect of assessing a season, I guess it depends on what basis and criteria you judge it and this will always be subjective. I hope however that you enjoyed a season in which there was some fantastic, entertaining football....whichever way you assess the season. Thank you for your support which I can assure you we never take for granted. I do hope you enjoy the summer and that we see you back at the Lane in August, best regards, Donna

"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

RIP: Sir Bill Nicholson

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Copy of an email from Spurs
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 08:34:27 PM »
Great reply Donna....in Harry we trust! :up:
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

Offline Holtspur

• Hero: Ricky Villa
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 07:29:53 AM »
Who is Donna? Whats her position?

Offline Spurs218

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 07:38:04 AM »
Donna Cullen is an executive director with responsibility for communications.
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 12:04:36 PM »
OK Cheers!

Offline Spurs218

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 12:25:16 PM »
Fantastic person within the club too. She's helped a lot of people out over the past few years.

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 12:48:27 PM »
The media love stirring stuff up, its a double edged sword as HR is stupid to fall for it and the fans for getting all 'how very dare you' about anything said.

Nice of the girl at Spurs to take the time to reply, most clubs just ignore these things.

Offline Spurs218

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 01:49:15 PM »

Nice of the girl at Spurs to take the time to reply, most clubs just ignore these things.

Tottenham are fantastic at stuff like this. They were voted number 1 out of all clubs for replying to fans. Such a small thing but means so much to fans.

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 02:17:18 PM »
Yes, I'm glad you posted that and it is reassuring to know that the Spurs community I believe in and enjoy being a part of does in fact exist. However, I've had some time to ruminate on Harry's comments and I just want to get this off my chest...

The club should not be put in the position of having to defend the manager. This is clearly a man who believes he is bigger than the club in spite of the fact that - near as I can tell - this is the best position he has ever held. His comments clearly indicate that he equates potential success with the ability to spend rather than passion and know-how. I hear, "My hands are tied - we're not good enough - we've gone as far as we can" OR (read between the lines) "My players suck, but they did as well as we might expect you simple idiot fan".

Where's the accountability? Where's the leadership? Why is Luka Modric more committed to the club than the freaking manager? And now Harry's going on again about winning the league and running out the youngsters in Europe? Huh?! I thought we weren't capable, Harry? Are YOU going to make us better, because apparently you can do no wrong. You see this is where the wheeler-dealer tag comes from, sir. You believe that you can't win unless you have better players and this is supposed to impress me, WHY? Be a manager Harry! And stop pausing for a quick soundbite at every opportunity like the so-called idiot fan you pretend to despise, because I would like to go on thinking that you actually are in charge over there.

This type of thinking is the reason why some of our best players (Bale, vdV, BAE) are injured or knackered. Harry does not believe he can win without his best players on the field and is too afraid to rotate the squad, because his managerial style is nothing more than "go out there and do your thing, boys".  Players in his good graces appreciate the hands-off style and not being micro-managed, but the players who actually suggest they may deserve more playing time (Kranjcar),  forget about it - your ass is on the bench. How dare you disagree with the great and powerful Redknapp?! I also realize that I have made comments similar to Harry's on this forum, but I think that came from a fan's desire to keep expectations reasonable lest he risk being disappointed. I didn't realize how distasteful that type of attitude actually is until I heard it from the so-called leader of the club I support.

That is all. Go and win Europe, boys! And Harry, shut the f**k up. Hopefully, the lads will win in spite of you.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 02:39:01 PM by WilsonJet »
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2011, 02:48:34 PM »
Yes, I'm glad you posted that and it is reassuring to know that the Spurs community I believe in and enjoy being a part of does in fact exist. However, I've had some time to ruminate on Harry's comments and I just want to get this off my chest...

The club should not be put in the position of having to defend the manager. This is clearly a man who believes he is bigger than the club in spite of the fact that - near as I can tell - this is the best position he has ever held. His comments clearly indicate that he equates potential success with the ability to spend rather than passion and know-how. I hear, "My hands are tied - we're not good enough - we've gone as far as we can" OR (read between the lines) "My players suck, but they did as well as we might expect you simple idiot fan".

Where's the accountability? Where's the leadership? Why is Luka Modric more committed to the club than the freaking manager? And now Harry's going on again about winning the league and running out the youngsters in Europe? Huh?! I thought we weren't capable, Harry? Are YOU going to make us better, because apparently you can do no wrong. You see this is where the wheeler-dealer tag comes from, sir. You believe that you can't win unless you have better players and this is supposed to impress me, WHY? Be a manager Harry! And stop pausing for a quick soundbite at every opportunity like the so-called idiot fan you pretend to despise, because I would like to go on thinking that you actually are in charge over there.

This type of thinking is the reason why some of our best players (Bale, vdV, BAE) are injured or knackered. Harry does not believe he can win without his best players on the field and is too afraid to rotate the squad, because his managerial style is nothing more than "go out there and do your thing, boys".  Players in his good graces appreciate the hands-off style and not being micro-managed, but the players who actually suggest they may deserve more playing time (Kranjcar),  forget about it - your ass is on the bench. How dare you disagree with the great and powerful Redknapp?! I also realize that I have made comments similar to Harry's on this forum, but I think that came from a fan's desire to keep expectations reasonable lest he risk being disappointed. I didn't realize how distasteful that type of attitude actually is until I heard it from the so-called leader of the club I support.

That is all. Go and win Europe, boys! And Harry, shut the f**k up. Hopefully, the lads will win in spite of you.
Excellent post Wilson - its amazing how many people adore the club but are frustrated at the Clown Prince's behaviour - I enjoyed reading your comments  :up:

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2011, 05:20:00 PM »
Here comes dualist pragmatic, Wilson. Let me be clear. I do not want Harry sacked. He should continue to manage this team. I just want him to shut the f**k up for awhile.

As manager, you don't ever, EVER insult the fans. And as manager, you don't ever, EVER publicly accept anything less than winning as success! (1 win from 8 against the top 4 -- 1 win from 6 against the bottom 3. Are you satisfied?)

I am proud of my club. We enhanced our European profile. We competed with the giants and left our mark. We will be one of the top seeds in the Europa League along with the likes of Braga, Sevilla, and Roma - and are probably the odds on favorites to win the tournament if we choose to commit to doing so. That would be at least 3 more European trophies than Ars*nal, right?

When asked the question, as manager you respond:

"We can always be better. There is obviously room for improvement. We had tremendous ups AND downs this season. We competed on the biggest stage and acquitted ourselves well. Now we must learn to find the balance between European competition and continued success in the league. We're building something fantastic here at Tottenham Hotspur Football Club - something that can last for a long time. We have the greatest most passionate fans in the world - and they deserve it!"

I didn't spend any time crafting that response. Its the first thing that came to mind. Somebody should e-mail THAT to Redknapp "from the IDIOTS". You've got the job many of us would kill for, Harry - now go somewhere and think about what you said...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 05:23:54 PM by WilsonJet »
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline Spurs218

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2011, 05:43:03 PM »
Fantastic post mate. We might as loud as united fans but I don't think their has been many games when our fans haven't taken the full allocation.

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2011, 08:01:07 PM »
Friend sent an email to Spurs and I thought some would appreciate posting the reply he got.

Thank you for your email, which was one of several I received on this subject.

We are aware that there has been much discussion regarding Harry’s comments and we should never want any of our fans to feel offended. Harry’s comments related to earlier ones he made about a specific phone in and specific individuals’ comments - he certainly is not referring to the wider Spurs fan base. We have aslo put a call into Sky as the interviewer clearly raised an issue that was not timely and which was deliberately designed to prompt a reaction from Harry.

In respect of assessing a season, I guess it depends on what basis and criteria you judge it and this will always be subjective. I hope however that you enjoyed a season in which there was some fantastic, entertaining football....whichever way you assess the season. Thank you for your support which I can assure you we never take for granted. I do hope you enjoy the summer and that we see you back at the Lane in August, best regards, Donna

It may be a decents email, but it was a totally crap season. Europa league here we come. Big deal !!
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2011, 12:53:58 AM »
Wilsonjet 2 superbly worded posts there fella totally agree  :up:
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2011, 05:46:51 PM »

Tottenham are fantastic at stuff like this. They were voted number 1 out of all clubs for replying to fans. Such a small thing but means so much to fans.

I have written to Levy about five times and never got a reply !!
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU