SpursNetwork

Favourite moment of the season?

Offline Spurs218

• Hero: Zokora
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Favourite moment of the season?
« on: May 21, 2011, 05:16:38 PM »
Despite the league campaign being a bit s**t at times we've still had some fantastic games.

1. Winning at Ars*nal - I've waited so long for this moment.
2) Inter Milan at home - Beating the European champions at the Lane. The Lane was rocking and only the 5-1 atmosphere comes close.
3) Winning at the San Siro - What more can I say?

Madrid away comes very close to getting in the top 3. Yes we lost 4-0 but that day and evening will stay with me forever. It's days like that why I follow this football team across Europe.

What's yours?
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

RIP: Sir Bill Nicholson

Offline aspursfan

• Season Ticket: No
Re: Favourite moment of the season?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 05:28:12 PM »
Agree with your #1 and #2.

I also really enjoyed Spurs/Ars*nal at WHL. I know we didn't win, but that game was fantastic to watch.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline pukekohespur

• Hero: Greaves
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 12:08:59 AM »
To be honest one of my favourite moments [well 90 of them] was last week against Liverpool. I had no expectations of a result here. It has been a miserable petering out of a great season and i really just wanted it to end.
We were out of form and against a form team.
Even when we scored i was muted in my celebration
BUT
we were fantastic. it was like an unexpected gift and filled me with hope for next season. Back was the Spurs swagger and confidence. Back was the thrill of watching Spurs back themselves and eachother.
Modric, Sandro, King were all outstanding.
I trotted off to work that morning with a song on my heart.
"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is." Danny Blanchflower

Offline Holtspur

• Hero: Ricky Villa
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 07:06:22 AM »
The win at the San Siro and the subsequent scenes where some nutter tried to take on Big Joe - think he picked on the wrong guy!

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 08:49:10 AM »
Despite the league campaign being a bit s**t at times we've still had some fantastic games.

2) Inter Milan at home - Beating the European champions at the Lane. The Lane was rocking and only the 5-1 atmosphere comes close.

Madrid away comes very close to getting in the top 3. Yes we lost 4-0 but that day and evening will stay with me forever. It's days like that why I follow this football team across Europe.

What's yours?

I will go with you on the first two points. The third best however will be when the ref blows his whistle today, because in general I think it has bee a crap season and I 'm glad it's ended !!
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline Holtspur

• Hero: Ricky Villa
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 09:06:07 AM »

What's yours?

I will go with you on the first two points. The third best however will be when the ref blows his whistle today, because in general I think it has bee a crap season and I 'm glad it's ended !!
hear hear........lets hope Harry has learned some lessons and we do better next time around! Think we have the record for the greatest attempts on goal but failed to score! (Listen up Defoe & Co!)

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2011, 09:09:00 AM »
Were do you start!

Bale's hat-trick in the San Siro.
Beating AC Milan.
Beating Inter at Home.
The Young Boys come back.
Beating Ars*nal.
Beating Liverpool home and away.
Bale's stunning volley against Stoke.
Defoe's 100th goal.
Some of Sandros preformances.
Luka Modric.

Its been a decent season all round.

YID ARMY

COYS
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

Offline Spurs218

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2011, 09:09:06 AM »
I'll be happy when the season is over but only for about a week, after that I'll be counting down the days until it begins again.
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2011, 09:24:44 AM »
Were do you start!

Beating AC Milan.
Beating Inter at Home.
Beating Ars*nal.
Defoe's 100th goal.
Luka Modric.

YID ARMY

COYS

Yeh, going out of the league cup in our first round, being humiliated by Fulham when getting knocked out of the F.A cup, losing against Wigan, only getting 1pt from Wigan, West Ham and Blackpool, and having a clear opportunity to finish 2nd or 3rd and finishing 5th or 6th. We had the icing but never got the cake !!
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2011, 09:27:10 AM »
Were do you start!

Beating AC Milan.
Beating Inter at Home.
Beating Ars*nal.
Defoe's 100th goal.
Luka Modric.

YID ARMY

COYS

Yeh, going out of the league cup in our first round, being humiliated by Fulham when getting knocked out of the F.A cup, losing against Wigan, only getting 1pt from Wigan, West Ham and Blackpool, and having a clear opportunity to finish 2nd or 3rd and finishing 5th or 6th. We had the icing but never got the cake !!

You cant win them all kid!
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

Offline Spurs218

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2011, 09:37:21 AM »
I actually forgot about the 4-3 Inter game, mainly because I didn't get into the ground until half time. "3-0 in the second half"  :lol:

Despite losing 4-0 at Fulham that was one of the funniest games of the seasons. Instead of just standing there moaning about being 4-0 down and a man down we decided to just have some fun.

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2011, 01:59:45 PM »
My favourite moment(s) we the 0-1 win in the San Sero. We defended mangnificantly and got thar superb breakaway goal.

My other fav moment was the comeback win at the emirates. Kaboul with that lovely  flicked header Haha great over due win!!!
COYS!

Offline PaulInRome

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2011, 04:29:40 PM »
Watching Lennon skip past the last milan defender knowing that his was the moment to cherish...