SpursNetwork

Arshavin

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
Arshavin
« on: May 18, 2011, 04:46:58 PM »
Apparently The Arse are going to offload him. He's been in  poor form recently, but he was fantastic at times earlier in his career. Maybe a change will revitalise him He and Pav have a good understanding at international level. I wonder if he could do a job for us. I know a lot of you will go on about buying a player from Ars*nal etc, but if he improves our team then maybe we should go for it. Particularly if Bale is sold which is certainly a possibility.   

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
Re: Arshavin
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 04:50:43 PM »
I cannot see Ars*nal selling him to us, to be honest.

Offline Spurs218

• Hero: Zokora
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 05:16:54 PM »
Fat twat had his chance. I've seen a corner flag do more work than him.
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

RIP: Sir Bill Nicholson

Offline Tony123

• Hero: Hoddle
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 07:16:12 PM »
yep i agree i think Harry could make good of him!

Offline taimedowne

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 07:25:11 PM »
I saw him score 4 goals against Liverpool and he was outstanding. He blows hot and cold for sure, and seems to have gone stale at Ars*nal. But  a move would revive him and IF they would sell him to us he could be a fantastic addition.I dont think he ever had a chance to sign for us, as I recall Zenit wanted silly money for him. He wanted to come but they would not shift on the price so no deal was possible .And as for being fat maybe he is but a Pre-season will soon sort that out as long as we get in quick. 

Offline Spurs218

• Hero: Zokora
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 07:36:47 PM »
And he's going to play where?
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

RIP: Sir Bill Nicholson

Offline taimedowne

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 08:07:56 PM »
And he's going to play where?
Good question. For sure he wont play every week but would be cover for Bale or VDV when they are injured or indeed should either be sold. If as looks likely we make the Europa league we are going to need a big squad to cope. Krancjar has said he wants to go and a few others will leave. Arshavin is a quality player who is being released. We need that quality of player if we are to progress.

Offline patt

• The Real Martin Jol
  • Hero: Gazza
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 04:42:18 PM »
no way, somebody mentioned Bendtner earlier too, whats goin on??!!!

Gallas i will accept....but because he plays like he means it, Arshavin is lazy and extremely inconsistant