SpursNetwork

Arry Linked With Chelski Hot Seat

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Arry Linked With Chelski Hot Seat
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2011, 01:58:33 PM »
and seems to have lost the dressing room as well.

has he??

i would disagree after beating both Liverpool and Brum in our last two games. The players showed great spirit in the Liverpool game did they not? Harry got his tactics right did he not?

If he had lost the dressing room surly we would have lost these games as the players would have showen zero commitment to Harry etc...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 02:00:56 PM by dedleysting »
COYS!

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2011, 02:16:08 PM »
I think that if Chelsea offers him the job, he'd go. He's far to aware of his own reputation to not take that on. Personally, I would love to see his happen; he's just not a good "top" league manager; by which i mean he can make a mediocre team good, but he can't make a good team great. He lacks whatever DNA combination it is that the greatest coaches have that can push a squad to roll out their best most days, and scrape a result even when they're off their game.

So long 'arry, and good riddance if he leaves.

What planet are you from, 'Arry's had 2 full seasons and finished 4th and 5th when he took over we had 2 points and he guided us to safety. He took us to the quarter finals of the Champions League, we have won away at Anfield and Scumbury for the first time in years, he's assembled the best squad of players that I can remember in 40 years of supporting Spurs and but for some poor striking performances and injuries we would of probably made the Champions League again. Time for all you so called supporters to take a lomg hard look at yourselves, Alex Ferguson took 5 years to win a trophy at Man Ure and struggled somewhat before doing it.

All you fly by night 5 minute supporters that can only remember the last 5 years or so then you need to look at the clubs history because at the moment we are performing better than we have since the 80's and all you want to do is dump the manager......... idiots, no wonder 'Arry chose those words.

Let's employ Jose Mourinho and play some really negative boring football spend loads of money win a trophy and watch him walk away after 2 years, no thanks !!!!!!!!

Give the man a break and some time to do the job, I personally wouldn't blame him if he left after reading some of the crap that has been written about him on here, I think you'll find he cares alot more than most of you think !!!!
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Spurs218

• Hero: Zokora
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2011, 05:41:07 PM »
Some people aren't really getting this and these constant attacks on other supporters for not having the same opinion is getting boring tbh. Also, how can you say and talk about supporters only supporting the team for a short while? Do you know us personally? Just a lack of respect.

My problem with Harry is the constant s**t he chats every single week. If we're idiots for saying some of the things we say then Harry is a complete and utter fool with the s**t he talks.
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

RIP: Sir Bill Nicholson

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2011, 08:52:29 AM »
I think that if Chelsea offers him the job, he'd go. He's far to aware of his own reputation to not take that on. Personally, I would love to see his happen; he's just not a good "top" league manager; by which i mean he can make a mediocre team good, but he can't make a good team great. He lacks whatever DNA combination it is that the greatest coaches have that can push a squad to roll out their best most days, and scrape a result even when they're off their game.

So long 'arry, and good riddance if he leaves.

What planet are you from, 'Arry's had 2 full seasons and finished 4th and 5th when he took over we had 2 points and he guided us to safety. He took us to the quarter finals of the Champions League, we have won away at Anfield and Scumbury for the first time in years, he's assembled the best squad of players that I can remember in 40 years of supporting Spurs and but for some poor striking performances and injuries we would of probably made the Champions League again. Time for all you so called supporters to take a lomg hard look at yourselves, Alex Ferguson took 5 years to win a trophy at Man Ure and struggled somewhat before doing it.

All you fly by night 5 minute supporters that can only remember the last 5 years or so then you need to look at the clubs history because at the moment we are performing better than we have since the 80's and all you want to do is dump the manager......... idiots, no wonder 'Arry chose those words.

Let's employ Jose Mourinho and play some really negative boring football spend loads of money win a trophy and watch him walk away after 2 years, no thanks !!!!!!!!

Give the man a break and some time to do the job, I personally wouldn't blame him if he left after reading some of the crap that has been written about him on here, I think you'll find he cares alot more than most of you think !!!!

Well said Ugs again...some people just dont understand!!
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2011, 09:53:01 AM »
Arry is very money lead and would jump at the chance. The fact is though Abromovic would not want him. What as Arry actually won. Yes, you have all got it, one F.A cup with Pompey, and he is 62 years old. This is hardly a record the billionaire is looking for.

From a personal stance I don't really care. If Chelski don't get him England will, so he is only a temporary measure anyway. We need to start looking longer term and I  can see martin Oniel heading our way
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline Holtspur

• Hero: Ricky Villa
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2011, 01:47:27 PM »
The more I hear about Hiddink, the more I think Harry wont be going to Chelsea. It can only be good for the club as Harry will have to make sure we do well next season or he will be overlooked for the England job he obviously wants. Hopefully, he will ensure we bring in quality to achieve something and select players based on ability rather than having his favourites out on the pitch.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2011, 10:03:26 PM »
Arry is very money lead and would jump at the chance. The fact is though Abromovic would not want him. What as Arry actually won. Yes, you have all got it, one F.A cup with Pompey, and he is 62 years old. This is hardly a record the billionaire is looking for.

From a personal stance I don't really care. If Chelski don't get him England will, so he is only a temporary measure anyway. We need to start looking longer term and I  can see martin Oniel heading our way

Please O'Neill, you ask what has 'Arry won........ what has O'Neill won the Carling Cup twice and a two horse race that pretty much any half decent manager could win and he's 59, not much of a difference there then !!!!

8D
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline COYSacrossthepond

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2011, 02:01:30 AM »
UGS; Harry didn't "assemble" the squad, Levy did. Levy's responsible for buying and selling players, Harry can only make suggestions (like Pienaar. Who IMO we didn't need) so to say he's assembled the squad is completely off base.

Secondly, I think you're kidding yourself if you really believe Harry can take us over the top. I am and always will be eternally grateful for him saving us from the drop, but I just can't see Harry being the reason we become a top four team year in, year out, and that's what we need to be aiming for.

Finally; I am now, and always will be, horrendously offended both by his calling fans "idiots" AND by his complacency with this past season. His brains have been addled by the flashbulbs if he really believes that this season was the best ever and that we couldn't have done better. As a fan, the only time I want to hear that a season couldn't have gone better is when we've at least won SOMETHING; not with a 5th place finish. I understand that we weren't going to win league/cup/CL, that's a given, but as a manager, that's what he should be trying to take us to, and when asked how he felt about the season, THAT'S what I want to hear, not that it couldn't have been better. I dont want the manager of my club to ever be anything less than hungry for more wins, more titles, and better performance from the players; look at SAF; when was the last time you heard him say a season was Man U's "best ever"? When was the last time he said fans should "be happy" with the season?

Bottom Line; Harry doesn't care about Spurs or the players or the fans. Harry cares about Harry. And I don't want anyone with that outlook managing Spurs. Ever.

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2011, 05:23:39 AM »
If we win the first 2-3 games next season Harry will be a hero. Do I think he's going to get a peacock standing on a football tattooed on his lower back? Probably not. I still don't think there's any reason to get carried away on either side of this argument. My personal opinion, I want him to stay. That's irrelevant, though. Even if he goes it will possibly be a good thing, but could very likely be a bad thing. Just like every Spurs match we've ever watched we'd have absolutely no idea the outcome. There are some things you simply cannot plan for and I think many of those happened last season.

For everyone attacking Redknapp for his apparent lack of loyalty, would you be doing the same if we'd won the Champions League? I know that's a strange question, but would you be asking any of these questions had we won something this season? I ask because these questions are coming up because we haven't done so when people seemed absolutely fine with him before.

I know we didn't actually win anything and you are all presenting fair arguments. I just think that Ugs has a fair point and he's just at one end of the spectrum. My father always seems to find a way to put these things in perspective for me with statements as simple as, "you think this was bad?"
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2011, 09:46:27 AM »
UGS; Harry didn't "assemble" the squad, Levy did. Levy's responsible for buying and selling players, Harry can only make suggestions (like Pienaar. Who IMO we didn't need) so to say he's assembled the squad is completely off base.

Secondly, I think you're kidding yourself if you really believe Harry can take us over the top. I am and always will be eternally grateful for him saving us from the drop, but I just can't see Harry being the reason we become a top four team year in, year out, and that's what we need to be aiming for.

Finally; I am now, and always will be, horrendously offended both by his calling fans "idiots" AND by his complacency with this past season. His brains have been addled by the flashbulbs if he really believes that this season was the best ever and that we couldn't have done better. As a fan, the only time I want to hear that a season couldn't have gone better is when we've at least won SOMETHING; not with a 5th place finish. I understand that we weren't going to win league/cup/CL, that's a given, but as a manager, that's what he should be trying to take us to, and when asked how he felt about the season, THAT'S what I want to hear, not that it couldn't have been better. I dont want the manager of my club to ever be anything less than hungry for more wins, more titles, and better performance from the players; look at SAF; when was the last time you heard him say a season was Man U's "best ever"? When was the last time he said fans should "be happy" with the season?

Bottom Line; Harry doesn't care about Spurs or the players or the fans. Harry cares about Harry. And I don't want anyone with that outlook managing Spurs. Ever.
Well said - you have put it perfectly without being over-critical. A very good analysis. Cheers :up:

Offline Derry-Yid

« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2011, 12:41:23 PM »

Thats nonsense....Harry has come out more times than enough and said Spurs are a fantastic club..he has said it in the media..in Hotspur magazine..in the match day programmeS...infact(i have the programme sitting here infront of me from our last game of the season against Birmingham )where Harry has said in his notes..."I would like to thank you all for your fantastic support throughout the season and on behalf of everyone at the club,we look forward to seeing you all back at the Lane again next year.

Seriously can we quit the Harry bashing now...its pretty pathetic.
and I love the club."

Offline Spurs218

« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2011, 12:55:15 PM »

Thats nonsense....Harry has come out more times than enough and said Spurs are a fantastic club..he has said it in the media..in Hotspur magazine..in the match day programmeS...infact(i have the programme sitting here infront of me from our last game of the season against Birmingham )where Harry has said in his notes..."I would like to thank you all for your fantastic support throughout the season and on behalf of everyone at the club,we look forward to seeing you all back at the Lane again next year.

Did you read the quote the week before? When he was calling the fans idiots.

He's correct though, the support has been fantastic.
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

Offline Derry-Yid

« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2011, 01:14:36 PM »

We have already been through this...Harry’s comments related to earlier ones he made about a specific phone in and specific individuals(the e-mail you posted from the club proves that)...he wasn't on about all Spurs fans...seriously this is getting tiresome now!!
and I love the club."

Offline Spurs218

« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2011, 01:27:39 PM »

We have already been through this...Harry’s comments related to earlier ones he made about a specific phone in and specific individuals(the e-mail you posted from the club proves that)...he wasn't on about all Spurs fans...seriously this is getting tiresome now!!

So anyone who phones in a radio station is an idiot  :lol:

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2011, 03:46:30 PM »
Think this thought will run out of steam..........Roma is many things, but an idiot he is not (so at least Harry will like him lol), but I believe he has  seen through all the glossy media shows and realises that Harry isn't good enough for what he wants, so he stays