SpursNetwork

shut your effin cake hole

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
shut your effin cake hole
« on: February 04, 2011, 11:58:09 PM »
first it was the beckham farce, then the whole transfer saga of arry telling journos one thing one minute and another the next. He is a constant stream of soundbites and media contradictions. Does any one else wish he would just shut the hell up?? Im getting really sick of it now. His latest revelations are informing sky sports of his chance at signing van bommell on a free but it didnt happen as he dragged his feet on the matter. He also is discussing how we didnt bid for adebeyor as city wont sell any players to rivals. Will it ever end??? What sort of game is he playing ???
I for one thing its becoming a joke and cannot see why all our transfer shenanigans have to be aired in public.

Offline aspursfan

Re: shut your effin cake hole
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 12:05:32 AM »
I don't know. I like Harry's interviews sometimes. I know he's not everyone's cup of tea, but I usually like watching his interviews. I wish he wouldn't talk about us winning the league though. There wasn't much said about VDV until it actually happened and there it was!

Maybe that's why Levy always phones Redknapp at the last minute... He's worried he'll start blabbering about it!  :lol:
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 12:23:23 AM »
And just as I say that I see an article quoting him as saying we can finish above Ars*nal. LEAVE IT ALONE! We barely beat Blackburn. How about we focus on Bolton before we start talking about finishing above Ars*nal!!?!  :tickedoff:
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 12:39:11 AM »
This is my point exactly. surely some tact is required by harry or is senile dementia kicking in here.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 03:31:14 AM »
Harry does like to talk. A bit to much at times.  :D

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 04:32:51 AM »
I have been sick of ole Arry flapping his gums to the media for sometime, talking up our chances prior to various games or for our likely success in an overal season blah blah blah.

Even more annoying is blabbing our planned tactics namely involving playing Crouch, our transfer failings and who he would never sell.

For me he is in the media too much even more so since his success with THFC, after all he is no Mouriniho when it comes to deflecting the media attention away from his players so they can focus on a game.

I guess he wants to stay in the public eye as much as possible so he has support of the nation when he takes teh England role in 2012.

THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 10:31:59 AM »
Arry is a talented manager, but he is rather 2-faced, untrustworthy and extremely vain.... during his time at Wet Spam he quickly developed a reputation for claiming the credit for successes but rapidly pushing blame onto players when results were negative... he did something very similar when he 1st joined Spurs. the immediate results were great and he basked in the limelight of it, then we went rhru a short-term descent and he was very quick to turn on the players claiming lack of character, guts and weak determination (this was just before our 4-month golden period when we turn things around dramaticallly...

Arry loves the limelight but also has a vicious, selfish, egotistical streak...... it would bode well to remember this

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 10:49:40 AM »
And just as I say that I see an article quoting him as saying we can finish above Ars*nal. LEAVE IT ALONE! We barely beat Blackburn. How about we focus on Bolton before we start talking about finishing above Ars*nal!!?!  :tickedoff:

So 'Arry what are your ambitions for this season
"Well Bale's s**t, Van der Vaart a waste of space, Modric bit in and out  and the rest of the squad are worth diddly squat, we've got no chance of winning anything and we will be lucky to avoid relegation. Oh and the chairman is a real tosser whos only interested in selling our best players and building a stadium 6 miles away !!!!!"

Or a bit of banter and praising players and the team in public and keeping the club high in the public profile, you decide.

Gareth Keown or Harry Redknapp ?

:-\
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2011, 01:32:40 PM »
fact is and remains that I totally agree with Arry's RHETORIC.... you dont talk down your players confidence and commitment by stating what you privately know to be the truth :-

Spurs will most likely now be outside Top4 and have to settle foe Europa League, which is okay.... but the reality is that Spurs have now made provision for that eventuality and will generate cashflow by selling 1-2 now overhyped (therefore over-valued) trophy assets.... Bale is perfectly ripe for transaction now..

the strategic objective for the next few years will be the new stadium project.... getting 40m+ pounds will help us in that...

even Arry's words are hugely subjective and purposely do not give a definative answer:....'we want to keep Bale for as long as possible'..... totally subjective and can mean anything you want it to..

my feeling is that 'as long as possible' will be us out of the Champs League, giving Bale an 'excuse' to want to 'play at the highest level' and Spurs not wanting to 'stand in his way' to the tune of 40m squid... Bale has already said that he will stay 'as long as my CL ambitions are fulfilled' or words to that effect..

simples  :up:
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 01:35:40 PM by Gareth Keown »

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2011, 09:56:05 AM »
He seems to be a one-man media roadshow. He's a great man-manager (no quibbles about that!) but the constant rumour-mongering and throw away comments get too much during the transfer windows. Prepares us for no movement saying "happy with what I've got" then mentions how much he likes 20 players in a scatter-gun approach. Prefer he'd say nothing then be surprised.

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2011, 01:03:37 PM »
At least he's always honest and never moans about ref's which a lot of other managers seem to do.  Gives a lot of respect to other teams too in pre match and post match interviews.