SpursNetwork

Kyle Walker in England Squad

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
Kyle Walker in England Squad
« on: February 06, 2011, 09:53:29 AM »
Kyle Walker has been included in the latest England squad. We cant even get him on our bench. Are our fullbacks so much better than him or has Harry slipped up loaning him out to Villa?

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
Re: Kyle Walker in England Squad
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 11:43:11 AM »
we have experienced intl.s for RB eg. Hutton, Corluka and even Kaboul can play there ..... Wallker is still a raw rookie albeit a talented one.... Arry did the right thing in loaning him out at this stage of his career, as he will get regular gametime at Villa...

lets not get carried away with a goal that a fullback scores now and again.... hindsight is a wonderful thing, but even thats a red-herring in this case..

Offline OL'BOLTY

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 12:00:24 PM »
Have already posted elsewhere that I don't see Hutton as a decent QUALITY right back.
I recognise that we have cover there with Corluka and Kaboul but I would have preferred Walker to have been 'brought on' by Jordan than by Houllier and his crew.
EL PRESIDENTE

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 12:19:02 PM »
I think youre giving Hutton a raw deal.... the most recent game he played against Newky featured that great defensive tracker of runs: the great Vaart at RM.... offering next to no protection to the fullback, as is his want...

whenever Vaart plays at RM, I truly pity the poor git that has to play RB, as he will need to do the work of 2 players down the right flank..

thankfully Arry saw sense yesterday and subbed Vaart as early as the halfway mark.... much to Corluka's gratitude, I'm sure..

Offline OL'BOLTY

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 12:47:21 PM »
Sooner or later GK you will run out of anti - VDV posts... :nods:
EL PRESIDENTE

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 12:58:22 PM »
later OB...... much much later  :up:

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 09:54:38 PM »
scored on saturday.  :up:

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 03:25:51 PM »
Actually vdV was not tactically subbed at half time he was withdrawn due to an injury. So no great sense shown on Harrys part there. What may be good management though is that the injury is so severe that it is going to keep him out of Hollands game this week. Although no doubt the wonders of modern medicine will ensure he is fit to face Sunderland on Saturday.

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 04:02:08 PM »
Taime.... he was indeed injured but to what extent who knows ??....I'm sure Arry would normally lack the guts to sub a fan-favourite unless he had too....

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 04:55:13 PM »
Another thread turned into a VdV debate FFS!

Back on topic ...................... Walkers performances for Villa have had such in impact that he has made the England squad in what half a dozen games or so playing in the EPL, no doubt he also caught the attention of Fab Cap whilst at QPR too, but fair play to the lad great achievement even if he doesnt get a game.

Lets hope he stays a Spurs player next season and his development continues but with us as RB is a position that can be looked at for improvement but with no urgency.
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2011, 09:49:50 AM »
A great talent and the right decision to loan out. will get games and goals at Villa and will (i feel) be a regular for us next season. Not sure about england recognition at this moment in time - feel capello is clutching at straws despite the victory in mid-week.