SpursNetwork

Get Ready for Another Beckham Farce Later This Year.. Joy!!!

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Get Ready for Another Beckham Farce Later This Year.. Joy!!!
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2011, 04:49:51 PM »
the unbalancing Vaart will be the main cause of Spurs now not ever being in Top4 contention, until he leaves the club..
D'oh! I really need a drink.

Riff thanks for posting a quote from the ever insightful and true Spurs supporter GK, just so all of us that have him on ignore can see that he is still spouting total shyte!.......... what next Modric and Bale weaken our team defensively?

THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2011, 05:02:37 PM »
I thought there would be more of a circus than there actually was in the end. Sure when they thought he would be playing for us there was a bit of a frenzy but once he was only training it died off, to the point I forgot he was even there. Going to the Ars*nal game may have been a bit of a faux pas but he wanted to take his lad watch a game and we were playing miles away. He's not our player so no big deal really. I don't object to Harry saying he'd like to sign him in November if he thinks he can still do a job why not ? He'd be on a free and Beckham is not daft enough to think that at 36 he's going to be on huge wages or starting every game. Probably some sort of pay as you play deal more focused on image rights. There seems to be a lot of hate on here for Beckham most of it unjustified he has been a decent player and a great ambassador for the game also he seems to be one of the good guys always happy to meet the fans and sign an autograph. That the media hound him is not really his fault, he may court them at times. but I get the impression that he would really rather just be playing football. And if he does that in a Spurs shirt thats ok with me.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 05:34:37 PM by taimedowne »

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2011, 05:10:30 PM »
Since Beckham arrived are form has been worse. So this so called "influence" on the squad that harry is talking has done sweet F'all

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2011, 05:27:27 PM »
Yea, but I bet they've had some fascinating chats about ways to wear their hair and different types of Italian leather man purses.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2011, 05:34:36 PM »
we drew with ManUtd, drew away to Newky when we shudda won that on performance.... lost to Fulham cos of the plonker Rodney.... and we effectively played with 10 men when using Vaart at RM against Blackbum but still won..

yep, I can see Beckham's malevalent influence there alright....

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2011, 06:49:48 PM »
Did you watch the Newcastle game, GK? What makes you think we deserved to win more than they did? I think we were lucky to get a point out of it.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2011, 06:56:06 PM »
against Newky away from home, we controlled territory and had the lion's share of possession... but the ever-present problem of a lack of cutting-edge yet again cost us..... they had few chances and managed to convert one in a very rare manner, against a now puny GK in Cudicini...

we were as dominant then, as Blackbum were on Wednesday

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2011, 03:01:42 PM »
no harm in having him in the squad. great example to follow especially for the younger players. cant see him ever playing for us though