SpursNetwork

Niko Kranjar The Lost Tallent

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
Re: Niko Kranjar The Lost Tallent
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2011, 01:05:21 PM »
Krankie is a good player....BUT.... if he doesnt score, he is probably the worst player on the pitch... its a condition called Vaartitis....not contagious but there is no known cure for it currently..

until the game allows for 12-men teams, Krankie should/will only play a part occasionally  as we currently have better players who can do THE OTHER THINGS a wide-midfielder needs to do.... of which theres a multitude...

thats why players eg. Bale and Pienaar will ALWAYS be ahead in the queue for a regular place ahead of Krankie.... no matter how spectacular his goals are...

unlike mere fans, Managers dont have the luxury of relying to much and being seduced by the odd 'shiny object'..

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2011, 01:19:00 PM »
He has stepped up into the team and is teh reason we have 6 points from the last 2 games which could so easily be less.

What has impressed me is after all the talk of Kran looking to leave, Arry stating he may sell him etc when needed he does the biz for us cant ask for more.  I totally agree that when others are fit he will not and should not be first choice unless form of others dips etc but we need to keep him he certainly has a part to play in our squad and can turn a game around and when fit if not in the starting 11 should be on the bench!

THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2011, 01:53:50 PM »
no player can be said to be responsible for even 3pts let alone 6pts..... if Krankie wasnt on the pitch whose to say we wouldnt have won by bigger margins ??.... other players, tho not scoring, could be playing a more significant role in the team to secure wins..... aint just about the owner of the boot that connects with the ball that then crosses the goal-line...

Meireles scored last weekend and Torres didnt.... does that make Meireles a better player than Torrres ??...

Krankie will de-facto get more games next year, after Bale goes..

but I do totally agree with Niko.... if he isnt starting games regularly, then a player like him needs to move on... we should not be selfish and keep him around just for the bench.... we should be using the likes of Townsend and Bostock for that..
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 01:57:35 PM by Gareth Keown »

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2011, 05:43:39 PM »
Lemon...... at 1-1 in both games Kran put the ball in the back of the net to make it 2-1 to us and we took all the points.... we didnt win by a higher margain so Krans goals were kinda critical.

Its a team of 11 players on the pitch, Kran put the ball in the net so thanks for the 6 points Kran!

Townsend and Bostock arent quite good enough as yet and require another season or 2 out on loan then we can maybe look at them having bigger roles, we are looking to be a top 4 team consistantly not mid to lower table so the likes of Kran we need to keep as its all about having a strong squad not a pucker first 11 and the other 14 just shirt fillers!

I guess as Kran is doing an okay job for us GK will argue that he isnt good enough blah blah blah..... so f**king boring!

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2011, 08:05:53 PM »
At the moment its a squad game of 25 and that squad is being well used, any player that pulls on the lillywhite shirt is important and any player that scores the winning goal is very important.....full stop !!!!!

:-*

Metal.....GK is a buffon calling him a lemon is sooooo unfair to lemons as they actually have uses !!!!
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2011, 08:10:43 PM »
At the moment its a squad game of 25 and that squad is being well used, any player that pulls on the lillywhite shirt is important and any player that scores the winning goal is very important.....full stop !!!!!

:-*

Metal.....GK is a buffon calling him a lemon is sooooo unfair to lemons as they actually have uses !!!!

:2funny: :2funny:

My sincerest apologies go out to all Lemons for any offence caused by associating your name with GK   :nods:

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2011, 12:57:52 AM »
as we currently have better players who can do THE OTHER THINGS a wide-midfielder needs to do.... of which theres a multitude...

thats why players eg. Bale and Pienaar will ALWAYS be ahead in the queue for a regular place ahead of Krankie.... no matter how spectacular his goals are...

Yes of course Bale is playing too well for Kranjcar to play ahead of him but honestly as far as Pienaar goes I just do not see it...what is so special about him?  Even though we can all have opinions I can't accept Pienaar being ahead of Niko.  Bale yes...ok...better than Kranjcar because of his speed despite only having one foot where Niko scored one with each foot for those two winners.  Even if Bale is that much better, he and Modric need to get a rest here or there, not every other week, but Modric especially cannot play twice a week, week after week.  And it is not just Niko's goals that are important...nobody can pass like him...not Modric...nobody.  Rest Vaart, Modric, Bale once in a while and Kranjcar would get enough run.  Whatever...

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2011, 03:27:30 AM »
as we currently have better players who can do THE OTHER THINGS a wide-midfielder needs to do.... of which theres a multitude...

Yes of course Bale is playing too well for Kranjcar to play ahead of him but honestly as far as Pienaar goes I just do not see it...what is so special about him?  Even though we can all have opinions I can't accept Pienaar being ahead of Niko.  Bale yes...ok...better than Kranjcar because of his speed despite only having one foot where Niko scored one with each foot for those two winners.  Even if Bale is that much better, he and Modric need to get a rest here or there, not every other week, but Modric especially cannot play twice a week, week after week.  And it is not just Niko's goals that are important...nobody can pass like him...not Modric...nobody.  Rest Vaart, Modric, Bale once in a while and Kranjcar would get enough run.  Whatever...

This isn't an alien thought to most of us on here. I agree with you. Pienaar is a good player and a good addition, but I don't think he's better than Kranjcar. You have to understand that the person you're quoting only exists on this forum to post things that are incendiary in nature. Gareth Keown is an Ars*nal supporter. When his wife left him for a Spurs supporter and then told him he has a tiny penis, he didn't quite know how to cope with it. It's killing him inside and because he's quite cowardly, this is the only way he knows to deal with it.

He's thrilled when VDV gets injured, thrilled at talks of Bale being sold, thrilled that Woodgate got injured against Milan, thrilled at the thought of Ars*nal possibly winning the league even if it means we finish outside the top 4, and convinced that Jenas is a better player than Modric. It's quite sad, but kind of like the Batman's Joker, you can't help but watch.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2011, 06:44:43 AM »
Come on, mate, Buffon is a very good gk (goalkeeper).

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2011, 10:21:33 AM »
now let me see..... 'experts' on an internet forum think Krankie is better than Pienaar

Arry starts Pienaar against AC Milan ahead of said Krankie...

experts' insist Krankie is a better player..

thing with stooopid people is that they don't KNOW how stoooopid they are  -  FACT.

PS - at least your 2nd paragraph is spot on ASF  :up:
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 10:46:15 AM by Gareth Keown »

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2011, 12:15:38 PM »
Come on, mate, Buffon is a very good gk (goalkeeper).

:up:
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2011, 04:09:06 PM »
Krankie is better on the attack than Pienaar without any shadow of a doubt but in all honesty Piennar is better defensivly so I think it really depends on the opposition as to whether old Arry will start Pie or Kran.  Hence against AC where their attack is f**king deadly Pie was prefered and have to say did bloody awesome.

Kran has had an awesome impact on games recently when he has come on as a sub as I think for the time being he will remain as an impact sub call it a victim of his own sucess as a sub, either way wanna keep him at the lane.