SpursNetwork

Arry has put 4 players in the shop window!!!

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
  • Season Ticket: No
Arry has put 4 players in the shop window!!!
« on: January 22, 2011, 04:15:23 AM »
Ok we all knew Niko wanted out as he wanted to play fair enough, Keane is on his way if he drops his wages, again fair enough and its the right thing for player and club in both respects.

But Corluka and disappointly Pav have been put in the shop window as Arry has been quoted re Pav I dont want to sell him but if a good offer came in the club would be interested WTF????

If we had to ship out another striker let it be Crouch who offers sweet fa other than shyte tactics when he plays and stuffed chances, bottom line Crouch is favoured personally be Arry and Pav isnt though Pav is the better all round player!.

Maybe this is a smoke screen as we are in for a big rep striker I dont know, but I would like to see Pav stay and get more game time and also RB cover for Hutton is he thinking Kaboul instead and Corluka???

I am not a football (manager unless when I play Fifa then I am s**t hot yeah baby) but some of these choices baffle my brain cells big time.

THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline aspursfan

Re: Arry has put 4 players in the shop window!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 04:38:05 AM »
The only positive to this might be that this is what makes bringing in the striker we need a make or break deal for Levy. If selling Pav, Corluka, Keane and Kranjcar enable us to bring in a striker who can hold the ball up then I'll consider it good business. I can't stress it enough how much Defoe and VDV would benefit from someone who can feed them in that position. That's just my opinion obviously.

I'm with you though, I'd have sold Crouch and kept Pav. Perhaps this means that the striker I'm looking for isn't lined up. Unfortunately without that striker if we're up against a team we can't walk all over then we'll be seeing more lobbing long balls to Crouch. The United game was evidence of this.

This isn't all doom and gloom either way though because this is January. In some respects it would be more sensible to hold off. If I were Keane though I would seriously be considering how important my wages are. FFS, if you're making an average salary in a week does it really matter if you have to make 10,15 or 20,000 less a week? I suppose that's the way it works now.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline samtheball

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 06:58:05 AM »
unfortunately Harry got done looking in a shop window in Madrid 

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 08:38:26 PM »
Nice post Metal, sorry i cant help that brain cell situation but i can recommend alcohol?

I think Harry is getting his transfer window fever and is just desperate to move someone/anyone on so he can free some funds.

Pav does always look a bit off the pace but he can certainly deliver if given enough chances unlike the giraffe so i would rather he stays.

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 11:24:43 AM »
Im getting worried by the lack of transfer business going on in this window, we really need to ship players out and brig some in to compete to make top 4 again this year. I looked at the fixture list and we have some very tough games coming up and im not convinced we have a strong enough strike force to get the results, FFS Harry sort it out! Striker, LB Cover please! YID ARMY

Offline dublinboy99

• Hero: Hoddle
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 03:15:53 PM »
Keane is not going anywhere. He told his mates in Dublin that he will sit on the bench (now and again) just to get back at Harry becuase Harry has taken the hump with him over organising the famous trip to Dublin in 2009.  Harry loves Crouch and in fairness to Crouch he does upset the foreign teams in the Champoins League and plays well with Defoe and VdV. We need to ship out all our strikers except Defoe but its not going to happen.  If we miss out on 4th spot in league our chances of signing quality strikers is gone for another season. I think Harry hates spending money he is always looking for a bargain?  We need to buy better than what we have (Piennair better than Kranch?, Diarra better than Sandro?) and get rid of Jenas, please...

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 03:43:00 PM »
Keane is not going anywhere. He told his mates in Dublin that he will sit on the bench (now and again) just to get back at Harry becuase Harry has taken the hump with him over organising the famous trip to Dublin in 2009.

I personally don't believe that - Keane LOVES to play and he will not be happy sitting around while Pav, Crouch and Defoe play. I think he will move on soon, but he needs to lower his aspirations in wanting £65 a-week. Knowone is going to pay him that!

Harry loves Crouch and in fairness to Crouch he does upset the foreign teams in the Champoins League and plays well with Defoe and VdV. We need to buy better than what we have (Piennair better than Kranch?, Diarra better than Sandro?) and get rid of Jenas, please...

The rest i agree with mate  :up:  Pienaar is better than Kranc as he can play anywhere in midfield unlike Niko who loves the left but drifs too often. Jenas out out out though!!  :dance:
COYS!

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 04:28:01 PM »
Yesterday showed that we need a suitable bod to cover at LB, putting Bale there is a total waste of his ability and what he brings to the team with regards to attacking play plus he is no defender!

On the Keane point he could quite easily sit out his contract and draw the 65k per week and that would damage us and also him in the latter stages of his career.  I think though he has too much of a desire to play and its not like dropping 10k per week would put him on the bread line but for these pro players its also business, see what happens in these remaining weeks.

I think that Pav not making the bench is also a bit of an indicator I think he may be of to Sunderland??

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 04:40:06 PM »
There talk today that we could be letting at least 8 go/loan/sell.

O'Hara has hinted today his future is away from White Hart Lane as he seeks regular first-team football.

Ars*nal are in for Woody apparently.....we have 7 centre-backs at the club now....we could be doing with letting a few of them go...but who?

We have 4 goalkeepers at the club too...there is no need for 4!

Was there really any need for us to buy Naughton and Walker when we did?

Hopefully Birmingham will buy Bentley off us and Galatasaray will take Dos Santos permanently too.

We need to start getting rid of some players and soon!
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

Offline PaulInRome

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 05:25:09 PM »
We definitely need to let most of the players mentioned go. Most of them are not going to get regular places in the team, and more importantly most of them are not going to become better players in the future. Brining in newer players (i.e. Pineaar) who have plenty of desire and hope to make the starting team helps keeps the squad fresh.

For me, the exception is Pav, who when given the chance of run in the team always scores his fair share. When I watch Spurs here, I get Italian commentary and they are always full of praise for him as a complete player - skill, pace and a great shot. Italians of course are more tolerant of laziness; they only care about the end-result :-)

Offline OL'BOLTY

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 10:08:27 PM »
There talk today that we could be letting at least 8 go/loan/sell.

O'Hara has hinted today his future is away from White Hart Lane as he seeks regular first-team football.

Ars*nal are in for Woody apparently.....we have 7 centre-backs at the club now....we could be doing with letting a few of them go...but who?

We have 4 goalkeepers at the club too...there is no need for 4!

Was there really any need for us to buy Naughton and Walker when we did?

Hopefully Birmingham will buy Bentley off us and Galatasaray will take Dos Santos permanently too.

We need to start getting rid of some players and soon!

As I remember it, Everton were about to sign, so we jumped in.
Would like to see Walker back and to replace Hutton ASAP
EL PRESIDENTE

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2011, 01:15:58 PM »
Arry has added other strikers to teh shop window too, stating we need to shift 2 before we can sign one so our much needed natural goal scoring preditor will not be arriving in Jan.  The 2 that are definately in the shop window are Keane and Pav as old Arry made this statement ref Crouch

But 'Arry said: "I'm especially not looking to sell Crouch. He gives us a different option and I'm a big fan of his."

Why why why why why why?????????? raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa the option we all know what it is and it doesnt work load of bollox........ Arry and Crouch sitting in a tree k- i- s- s- i- n- g together for ever lol