Beckham..... Yes or No ?

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
  • Season Ticket: No
Beckham..... Yes or No ?
« on: December 30, 2010, 05:15:47 PM »
As the heading says do we want Beckham for a couple of months, according to most of the papers tabloid and Broadsheets we seem to be in for him on a loan.

For me its a No, I for one can't see who's place in the side he would take and if I'm honest I've never really rated him that highly and find the amount of footballing sucess he achieved quite astounding. For a player that can only really cross a ball and take free kicks he has done remarkably well, when you think about it he has no pace, can't tackle, can't head the ball, has a slightly dodgy temprement and lacks an on the ball trick. Fair play to him for making such an impact with a limited ability and creating the Beckham dynasty but at Spurs no thanks.

:nope:

‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
Re: Beckham..... Yes or No ?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 05:27:31 PM »
I'd rather keep Bentley - the younger version of Daves...

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 05:32:43 PM »
are you kidding.... of course its a YES!!

the guy here even for 2 months will catapult our status and esteem worldwide and turbocharge the belief of the squad that such a global icon chose to come to Spurs.... and he has fantastic ability beyond just what he does with a football... his off-the-ball movement even now is extremely good, he has great leadership traits and he could fill in at RM or CM most games...

I think he could well RETURN to his childhood club where he honed his skills, and the club his grandfather supported all his life.... also he'd be based in London and the club could offer him whjat he wants most... the ability to to offer a platform for him to regain his England squad place and eventually break the England-caps record (what he craves the most now)..

the whole thing has a nice symmetry to it and just feels like its such a win-win for both parties.... I think its gonna happen.

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 05:32:59 PM »
The only part of me that wants to say yes to me is purely because of the novelty factor. Like transferring a big name player when playing in FIFA manager mode.  :santa_grin:

Realistically speaking I don't think it would be anything other than a distraction for the rest of the team. People will say that his experience would be great for the team, but it's only for a few months so what's the point?

It would still be interesting to see just for the novelty factor so I wouldn't necessarily mind.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 05:47:29 PM »
His wife was really hot in her younger days as a spice girl but a bit yuk now so no on that basis, but more football related we dont need him, he wouldnt actually bring anything to our midfield or team.

At this stage in the season do we really need novelty factor of the Beckham circus?????  No thanks.

If anyone comes in Jan its to improve the team long term!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 05:50:17 PM »
Agreed. Sorry, David, but Victoria just isn't going to cut it!  :2funny:
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 08:22:30 PM »
No not for me, to old and would not offer anything we cant get from Bentley, and he cant even get in the side. Gareth is right that it would raise the clubs profile, and we would no doubt sell a few shirts. But I think it would be a backward step on a football level. Also didn't Beckham say the only english club he would consider would be Man Utd so this story is most likely BS anyway. 

Offline Colspur66

• Hero: Glen Hoddle
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 09:49:02 PM »
Have to admit I'm a big fan of David and love Victoria to bits, but unfortunately I don't think David can offer us anything that we really need at the moment. 3 years ago it would have been yes without a second thought but I think he is now past his best and would only be a publicity stunt.

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 10:07:30 PM »
DO NOT WANT!!!!!!

Last thing we need is all the sickening media attention for a below par footballer with mass hollywood appeal and an orville the duck voice. His wife is a fu€kpig but thats altogether irrelevant my darlings.

what next i ask you............................. celtic will sign a failed underwear model.

Shoot me now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2010, 10:10:37 PM »
what next i ask you............................. celtic will sign a failed underwear model.

LOL BigV

:2funny:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline OL'BOLTY

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2010, 10:17:25 PM »
Remember when Beckham was trying to break into Hollywood....gay yank 'showbiz' commentator suggested 'Looks like Tarzan, sounds like Jane'
Washed up, over-exposed show pony...no ta!

*wonders what Klinsy is up to......and whether he looks good in a sarong.....ME, I WAS NEVER CONFUSED! :santa_tongue:
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 10:23:30 PM by OL'BOLTY »
EL PRESIDENTE

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2010, 11:14:34 PM »
think youre all under-estimating his playing-ability, and still pretty decent fitness-levels... the guy could have been a long-distance runner in his prime, and even when he joined Milan the medics there marvelled at his cardiovascular capacity: said he had the fitness of a 25yr old athlete....

also he has immense experience of challenging and winning Prem titles, FA Cups, even the odd CL run and win, which will mean he could act as mentor and give guidance as we sail into uncharted territories....

Beckham is an ideal fit for Spurs..... I think he's already made up his mind and its gonna be up to the Galaxy chocolate people...

I'd play him at CM mainly in the 2nd half of games.... a la Gudjohnssen last season.. lets not forget he started his early career there and only went to RM cos Scholes had to be played somewhere central but didnt have the size/pace to be an out-and-out striker.. its actually his preferred position and has played there alot nowadays.... he can replace Modric in the 2nd half of games (when Modric is tiring)..
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 11:26:37 PM by Gareth Keown »

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2010, 06:21:47 AM »
I beileve that Beckham said few years back, He would only play again in the Prem again if it was with Manchester United again.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline jaymeariel

• Yid till I die
  • Hero: VDVaart at the moment, all time Ginola
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2010, 11:40:03 AM »
He will provide good back up, but I think his influence in the dressing room may be the main reason to get him in, the problem is with Bentley likely to go, Giovani not getting on our bench and Krancjar wanting out, if Bale and Lennon get injured we have no cover.

We used to move Modric left but thats no longer an option, VDV is best through the middle so I guess Beckham would provide competition in those positions.

I can see us getting Ashley Young to be fair I can see it happening

Bale and Ekotto have played practically every game and im waiting for 1 to pick up an injury, apart from our centre backs and Defoe we have practically had our strongest team all year available minus VDV at times
JayJay

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2010, 12:38:37 PM »
think Piernaar's nearly a done-deal for cover on either flank.... and we may retain Krankie yet too... so wide-midfield cover will be forthcoming..

A.Young is a possibility IF we can get 1-2 out in p/x.... only if that happens..