SpursNetwork

Niko Kranjcar - The forgotten man!

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
Re: Niko Kranjcar - The forgotten man!
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2010, 02:33:33 PM »
where is the proof of this silly fan-based stat about Jenas only playing 1 good game in 5,6,7,etc that is always quoted ??... I prefer to stick with real assessment..

in his last prolonged stint when fully-fit in the side Dec.08-May09 Jenas was not just good but consistently VERY good in our CM with Palacios.....now that he's fit again he has played very well in the last 2 from 3 games....

you experts still confuse the 'keepy-uppies' with real football.... most of Jenas' great work flies well above your pointy little heads, as its mainly about continuous re-positioning on the pitch and being at the right place at the right time..... you can only really see and fully appreciate when a player has possession of the ball... Jenas can do that too but he can do so much more that only real connesseurs and coaches could possibly appreciate..

you plebs simply dont qualify enough to comprehend that.... its just beyond you...

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2010, 05:38:03 PM »
The fact that the majority of people on here disagree with you speaks for itself Gareth... The proof you ask for is the use of our eyes, yes we watch the games some actually go to the WHL and watch there. When we watch we see a negative inconsistent individual that has bags of potential but chooses to use it  once in every 5 or 6 games, that's just the way it is. 
We all have our favourites and defend them to the hilt but your defence of Jenas and so called stats and proof and ludicrous to say the least, this is the second forum that I know of that you had this discussion/argument and the last time you was the minority too.... I think that says quite a lot about the subject.

Resorting to insulting the rest of the board when you have run out of arguments or can't refute an argument is a very sad thing to do, just accept the fact that you hold an opinion that no one else agrees with.......... and shut the F*** up !!!!!!!!

This thread was about Niko Kranjcar until you hi jacked it again so just to take it back to topic Niko Kranjcar is more likely to get a place in the side at the moment than Jenas IMHO !!!
 8)
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2010, 06:01:35 PM »
lets be honest now.... most fans of any club actually know d**k all about real football and what it takes to be a good footballer.... they are either delighted by over-aggressive play or bedazzled by ickle-bitty twicksies like a pretty pass or a nice dribble around a player (both of which usually lead to nowhere, but will always get a round of misguided applause)...

if Jenas was soooo bad in all  those games he played in his most prolonged match-fitness period Dce08-May09, in a position at CM which probably allows most interactions in play, than WHY OH WHY did Spurs play with Top4 form ??.... it just doesnt add up your way... thats why coaches have always played the Jenius when he's fully fit...

stick to blowing kisses to Dawson on the bench.... there's a good 'supporter'..... he's just your level..

PS - so IYHO you actually think that Krankie's gonna play more regularly in the side than Jenas ??...... oh how I', gonna love cutting-pasting this quote for the rest of the season... :lol:
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 06:03:42 PM by Gareth Keown »

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2010, 06:15:50 PM »
lets be honest now.... most fans of any club actually know d**k all about real football and what it takes to be a good footballer.... they are either delighted by over-aggressive play or bedazzled by ickle-bitty twicksies like a pretty pass or a nice dribble around a player (both of which usually lead to nowhere, but will always get a round of misguided applause)...

if Jenas was soooo bad in all  those games he played in his most prolonged match-fitness period Dce08-May09, in a position at CM which probably allows most interactions in play, than WHY OH WHY did Spurs play with Top4 form ??.... it just doesnt add up your way... thats why coaches have always played the Jenius when he's fully fit...

stick to blowing kisses to Dawson on the bench.... there's a good 'supporter'..... he's just your level..

So what qualifies you to have such an enlighting insight into what it takes to be a top level footballer and what real football is then Gareth. Have you played at professional level or even premiershiop level then, so that you can state these facts with absolute accurracy ?
According to you, you don't go to games and watch from the comfort of your own home (padded cell, mental institution) so that is really an enlightened attitude isn't it Gareth !!

When Jenas was in the side back in Dec08 - May 09 there were 10 other players that also contributed too so it wasn't just Mr Jenas that turned the club round and gave them top 4 form and a certain 'Arry Redknapp had just arrived at the club and was slowly turning things around, which in my dimwitted sense of footballing knowledge kind of says there were several things going on.

Just because nearly everyone on this board disagrees with almost all your spoutings there is absolutely no need for you to be abusive and insulting if you don't like it just piss off to another site !!!!

:up:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2010, 07:28:20 PM »
lol... only a true numpty could accuse me of being abusive compared to the delicate way said numpty has of debating him/herself.... do you ever read back any of your own posts ??...

let me put it even more simply so that you can maybe understand.... Jenas playing regularly in a central and thus pivotal position in a side that played extremely well for 4 months would lead most to extrapolate that from such numerous game, that empirical evidence would point to Jenas having had to play well too, for the consistently good results of the team to follow..

even using your silly logic, now that THudd, Palacios, Moderate, Sandro and Jenas are all of roughly equal fitness and also injury-free... so if Jenas continues to be picked to play in the next 3-4 games, this should point to where the truth of the argumenttruly lies.... towards your blinkered viewpoint... or my less prejudiced one..

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2010, 09:18:43 AM »
Jenas is utter s**te end of

Offline bigv

« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2010, 09:38:12 AM »

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2010, 09:41:19 AM »
I cannot agree with Gareth Keown's opinion that Jenas is the best player (squad player at best) we have but at the same time I cannot agree with your statement, bigv. The fact you don't like some players (Jenas & Keane) doesn't make them crap players. I don't like Didier Drogba but does it make him a bad player? No.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2010, 09:50:29 AM »
lol... only a true numpty could accuse me of being abusive compared to the delicate way said numpty has of debating him/herself.... do you ever read back any of your own posts ??...

let me put it even more simply so that you can maybe understand.... Jenas playing regularly in a central and thus pivotal position in a side that played extremely well for 4 months would lead most to extrapolate that from such numerous game, that empirical evidence would point to Jenas having had to play well too, for the consistently good results of the team to follow..

even using your silly logic, now that THudd, Palacios, Moderate, Sandro and Jenas are all of roughly equal fitness and also injury-free... so if Jenas continues to be picked to play in the next 3-4 games, this should point to where the truth of the argumenttruly lies.... towards your blinkered viewpoint... or my less prejudiced one..

Once again Gareth what makes you opinion more valid than anyone else's ?

What qualifications do you have that makes you have a greater knowledge than the rest of us ?

Answer the posts instead of rambling on a load of s**te and yes I will agree with you when everyone is fit IF Jenas is picked for the next 3 or 4 games then you are right and us numpties are wrong. All I will say is I'm pretty confident that once again you will be wrong !!!

:nods:

Offline bigv

« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2010, 10:01:18 AM »
I cannot agree with Gareth Keown's opinion that Jenas is the best player (squad player at best) we have but at the same time I cannot agree with your statement, bigv. The fact you don't like some players (Jenas & Keane) doesn't make them crap players. I don't like Didier Drogba but does it make him a bad player? No.

Im not talking about players on a personal level riff. Im talking about performances, consistency and being overrated. You have mentioned the 2 players i feel best fit into this category at spurs. ask me for a 3rd and i give you calamity dawson.

and for the record i cant stand drogba but willingly acknowledge that is the best striker in the epl without question
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 10:03:15 AM by bigv »

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2010, 01:33:33 PM »
Riffsy, I said that Jenas is the best allround CM we have.... you then twisted it to 'best player we have'.... I expect better from you...

lol... you numpties that constantly belittle Jenas cos he seems anonymous in some games to the football-uneducated remind me of the Essex nan that goes into a car-dealership and asks for both the BMW and the Lada to be ignited.....

then chooses to buy the Lada cos he can't even hear the engine turning over in the BMW.... :2funny:
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 01:42:10 PM by Gareth Keown »

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2010, 04:05:12 PM »

This is what i don't understand about you Gareth...surely you fall into that category too?

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2010, 05:56:12 PM »

This is what i don't understand about you Gareth...surely you fall into that category too?

I bet Gareth plays Football Manager on the highest difficulty setting that's how he works out all these high brow ideas !!! :2funny:

Offline scotspurs

• C.O.Y.S
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2010, 07:01:40 PM »

lol... you numpties that constantly belittle Jenas cos he seems anonymous in some games to the football-uneducated remind me of the Essex nan that goes into a car-dealership and asks for both the BMW and the Lada to be ignited.....

then chooses to buy the Lada cos he can't even hear the engine turning over in the BMW.... :2funny:

Gareth - for an illiterate twat you don't half spout some bollocks! The last time I saw a car 'ignited' as you put it,
it took the local fire brigade about 10 mins to put it out. 
I also noticed that you have a tendancy to put  :2funny: in your own posts alot. I could'nt work out why but then it hit me - if you don't laugh at your jokes no-one will because NOBODY and I mean NOBODY on the Spursnetwork find you funny at all. Its just a shame that the majority of the Spurnetwork community can't block idiots like you because you have a real tendancy of nicking the jam out of our doughnuts. 
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 07:04:20 PM by scotspurs »

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2010, 08:56:53 PM »
Im watching the Isreal v Crotia game because we have all 4 of our Croats in the squad, there 2 nil up at half time and Krancjars scored both, hes playing a blinder! He is key to all the attacks, good to see him actually get some game time and i hop Harry is watching!