SpursNetwork

Niko Kranjcar - The forgotten man!

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Niko Kranjcar - The forgotten man!
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2010, 03:17:00 PM »
I'm sure Jenas was in the paper only last week saying that he'd been thinking about moving on as he wasn't getting any games.

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2010, 07:17:41 PM »
I'm sure Jenas was in the paper only last week saying that he'd been thinking about moving on as he wasn't getting any games.

That does ring a bell.....

To his credit he has since declared he wants to fight for his place at Spurs
COYS!

Offline TheStig

• Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2010, 09:19:28 PM »
If he goes it wont be in January, he will see this season out & look back to decide. If he hasn't had enough games to keep his career in full flow he will be off in the summer, unless of course an early transfer twist comes along and he ends up moving up the pecking order i.e Modric or Bale etc leaving for silly money.

I like the bloke but I wouldn't be bothered if he went for a good price, especially if he doesn't get to play his football very much. He is too good to be a squad player languishing on the bench. He deserves a regular start, if not for Spurs then another decent team, I wouldn't begrudge him & he would fetch a decent price methinks.     
Some say........my teeth glow in the dark, my earwax tastes like turkish delight, I have two sets of knees & I can swim the atlantic ocean ..................underwater!!!!

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2010, 11:19:31 AM »
during the summer, bids for Jenas came in from a group of clubs. As a professional footballer he considered the moves as anyone should (as you say 'thinking about a move') but then decided he wanted to stay and compete for a team-place.... he has in no way, shape or form ever AGITATED for a move away from Spurs, and has always been supportive of the club even during the time that he wasnt featuring in the team due to his long-term injury and convalescence...

this is yet just another pathetic attempt to manufacture as much negative spin as is possible to any comments or positive performances Jenas makes, which is always par for the course from the navvies that dislike him with a vengeance...

PS - Jenas will reclaim his regular starting place in the team now, have no doubts about it.... Arry will not be able to make reasons to play THudd-Modric at CM regularly for very long now... it'dd be Jenas + THudd or Modric...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 11:24:29 AM by Gareth Keown »

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2010, 11:39:41 AM »
Jenas was at stoke for the last week of the transfer window and he was too greedy with his demands the only reason why he is still at spurs and as for regular first team football sub he will be that is all a good squad player for me the issue is ended as this is a niko item.......

must be great to be right all the time

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2010, 11:58:08 AM »
Jenas turned down Stoke AFTER presumably Spurs gave him permission to negotiate with Stoke cos Spurs wanted the money from his transfer.... at the time, Arry wanted to play THudd, Modric, Palacios and Sandro as his CM options... with maybe L.Diarra available to join too (with Palacios presumably leaving)...

that scenario has not materialised, and Jenas, being Jenas, has rapidly come back to his regular form when regaining his fitness and testing his hernia-injury in the heat of games played this season.... this has forced Arry to rethink the plan, as a Jenas fully-fit is a very good CM... probably the best allround CM at Spurs....

Jenas when talking to Stoke at the time, decided that the wages offered were not enough to compensate for a drop in playing standard from Spurs to Stoke.... which is perfectly fine for a professional footballer to do... I say again, Jenas has never pushed for a move away and is now more than ever convinced that he will regain a regular place in the team here, now that he is fully recovered from injury...

Modric will alternate now between playing CM with Jenas mainly, and playing LM when Bale isnt....all of Jenas, THudd, Modric, Bale and BAE will play regularly in the various positions, but not every single game..
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 12:00:03 PM by Gareth Keown »

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2010, 02:21:24 PM »
So far Bale has started all competitive games this season.

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2010, 02:25:42 PM »
so Riffsy, it will thus inevitably follow that Bale will play in every single game Spurs plays competitively this season...

well done.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2010, 04:51:52 PM »
Jenas turned down Stoke AFTER presumably Spurs gave him permission to negotiate with Stoke cos Spurs wanted the money from his transfer.... at the time, Arry wanted to play THudd, Modric, Palacios and Sandro as his CM options... with maybe L.Diarra available to join too (with Palacios presumably leaving)...

that scenario has not materialised, and Jenas, being Jenas, has rapidly come back to his regular form when regaining his fitness and testing his hernia-injury in the heat of games played this season.... this has forced Arry to rethink the plan, as a Jenas fully-fit is a very good CM... probably the best allround CM at Spurs....

Jenas when talking to Stoke at the time, decided that the wages offered were not enough to compensate for a drop in playing standard from Spurs to Stoke.... which is perfectly fine for a professional footballer to do... I say again, Jenas has never pushed for a move away and is now more than ever convinced that he will regain a regular place in the team here, now that he is fully recovered from injury...

Modric will alternate now between playing CM with Jenas mainly, and playing LM when Bale isnt....all of Jenas, THudd, Modric, Bale and BAE will play regularly in the various positions, but not every single game..

Gareth are you really Jenas or maybe his agent, mother, brother, sister, girlfriend, lover or maybe his biggest fan. Jenas was allowed to talk to stoke because he is surplus to requirements there it is pure and simple no conspiracy theories or tactical movements by the club or player.... he is no longer required.

In January I fully expect Jenas, Bentley and maybe Keane to move on if the club gets a decent offer for them, Mr Levy won't let them go on the cheap and will keep them and 'Arry will use them if required. This has manifested itself in recent weeks with injuries etc that is why Jenas has played, Sandro isn't ready for the Prem just yet and Modric has been injured leaving only Huddlestone and Palacious both reasonably defensive players so Jenas was used as Lennon, Bentley, Krancjar, Bale are all wide players. Now that we have VDV I expect 'Arry will play a midfield with Lennon, Huddlestone, Modric, Bale all playing behind VDV and 1 striker, if any get injured then Krancjar, Sandro and Palacious will provide cover or VDV will drop back into a four and we will use 2 strikers if required.

Krancjar will get his chance as 'Arry likes him that's obvious and he's a better player than Bentley at the moment, but I fear he will only be used as cover and have a limited amount of minutes on the pitch.

As for Jenas being the best all round midfielder at the club please take of your rose tinted glasses and join the real world, Jenas has been a decent player for us and he has played some excellent games but more often than not he goes missing. If he could raise his game to being a consistent player at his best then maybe he might have an argument for demanding a place in the side, but unfortunately I don't think he is actually capable of doing that and the only thing for him now is a move to restart his career. It's a shame but that's life !!!

:nods:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2010, 08:31:25 PM »
 :2up: :up: :dance:

Offline TheStig

• Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2010, 11:04:31 PM »
Carefull it contains swearing so not suitable for work/kids etc

What exactly does Jermaine Jenas do?
Some say........my teeth glow in the dark, my earwax tastes like turkish delight, I have two sets of knees & I can swim the atlantic ocean ..................underwater!!!!

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2010, 07:25:59 AM »
:lol: nice one stig

Harry has come out and said he "loves" Niko and niko says he's wants to stay.

i got a feeling we will see him soon
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 07:31:24 AM by Biggs »

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2010, 11:00:00 AM »

Gareth are you really Jenas or maybe his agent, mother, brother, sister, girlfriend, lover or maybe his biggest fan. Jenas was allowed to talk to stoke because he is surplus to requirements there it is pure and simple no conspiracy theories or tactical movements by the club or player.... he is no longer required.

In January I fully expect Jenas, Bentley and maybe Keane to move on if the club gets a decent offer for them, Mr Levy won't let them go on the cheap and will keep them and 'Arry will use them if required. This has manifested itself in recent weeks with injuries etc that is why Jenas has played, Sandro isn't ready for the Prem just yet and Modric has been injured leaving only Huddlestone and Palacious both reasonably defensive players so Jenas was used as Lennon, Bentley, Krancjar, Bale are all wide players. Now that we have VDV I expect 'Arry will play a midfield with Lennon, Huddlestone, Modric, Bale all playing behind VDV and 1 striker, if any get injured then Krancjar, Sandro and Palacious will provide cover or VDV will drop back into a four and we will use 2 strikers if required.

Krancjar will get his chance as 'Arry likes him that's obvious and he's a better player than Bentley at the moment, but I fear he will only be used as cover and have a limited amount of minutes on the pitch.

As for Jenas being the best all round midfielder at the club please take of your rose tinted glasses and join the real world, Jenas has been a decent player for us and he has played some excellent games but more often than not he goes missing. If he could raise his game to being a consistent player at his best then maybe he might have an argument for demanding a place in the side, but unfortunately I don't think he is actually capable of doing that and the only thing for him now is a move to restart his career. It's a shame but that's life !!!

:nods:

Bravo! Spot on Ug's mate!  :up:
COYS!

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2010, 12:02:53 PM »
Ugsy & Co.... lol.... the wishful thinking of the little people again... :D

Jenas is Spurs best ALL-ROUND centre-midfielder  -  FACT....who else pray tell can manage the completye and varied duties/tasks of a CM as well..... Modric can play a pretty flick or pirouette... THudd can float/drill a 40yd pass.... 1 trick ponies always impress the little people, as the moves are simple enough to comprehend and appreciate..

managers, pro-footballers tho will always look beyond just  the icing atop the cake.... they look to the complete multi-layered qualities of the entire cake itself..

Jenas is the cake..... the rest are mere fragments at best.... at worst just ornamentation..

a fully-fit Jenas has/does/will continue to out-PERFORM the rest of the CMs at Spurs.... deep down even you plebs realise this, but it does stick in your throats somewhat, which I do understand..

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2010, 12:18:36 PM »
Jenas is Spurs best ALL-ROUND centre-midfielder  -  FACT

:2funny:

In my opinion (which you never seem to add Gareth) and i'm sure you'r agree, Jenas has a good game followed by 5 sub-par performances, therefore not making him the "best all-round centre-midfielder."

If Jenas COULD string together more "good games" he COULD well be that all-round player we crave, but after how many years at Spurs (6 - maybe) He never has, so i doubt he will

« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 12:23:35 PM by dedleysting »
COYS!