SpursNetwork

Niko Kranjcar - The forgotten man!

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
  • Season Ticket: No
Niko Kranjcar - The forgotten man!
« on: October 05, 2010, 11:30:40 AM »
With Niko Kranjar not starting a game this season, there are a few reports flying around sugggesting he's pondering a move away from WHL.

Niko is a player i like very much, but with Bale on the left and Modric in the middle playing well, there isn't a alot you can do other than train hard and he may get a chance with, dare i say it, an injury somwhere in midfield. Now i don't want that to happen, but it does happen.

Now Harry has stated Niko will get games as we continue in the Champions League, League and the F.A. cup, but like i said he's not started a game all season (even in the league cup defeat). Is he going to have to wait till January when the F.A. Cup begins to maybe get an apperance?

Sky sports are reporting 3 teams are interested in signing Kranjar:-

"Three clubs are reportedly interested in signing under-used Tottenham midfielder Niko Kranjcar.
The Croatia ace is being linked with a move away from White Hart Laneafter failing to start a club match this term.
Sources in his home country believe Monaco and two un-named Premier League clubs have an interest in signing the 26-year-old, who is due to play against Israel on Saturday in a Euro 2012 qualifier.
But Harry Redknapp, who took Kranjcar to White Hart Lane from old club Portsmouth, has previously insisted the Croatian will get his chance as Spurs compete in the Premier League, UEFA Champions League and FA Cup.
"I've got a lot of games coming up and Niko is very much in my plans to play," he said.
"Niko's been unlucky, he was fantastic in training but with Gareth Bale on the left what do you do?
"It's hard for him. He's an unbelievable pro and a great guy."

Harry obviously like him and wants him to stay, but what would you guys do with Kranjcar...?
COYS!

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
Re: Niko Kranjcar - The forgotten man!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 01:27:49 PM »
I hope he's stays... Niko played a big part in us finishing 4th last season... i remember when Modric got injured we all wondered how we would cope without him and Niko stepped up.

But signing vdv does leave a question mark over Niko head, in where does he fit in.

Personally i wouldn't put him in out first 11, but he would for sure go in the 2nd 11.

But if he can get first team football somewhere else, it won't be fair for us to stop him

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 02:20:03 PM »
who ??  :-X

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 02:26:02 PM »
We have a lot of games still to play this season, he will get plenty of chances. He should think himself lucky he's not David Bentley.

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 02:28:57 PM »
Bentley, Kranjcar, Corluka, Pav.... should be worth nearly 30m on the open market.... nice change for Arry to use in January on a super sexy sentral striker.... STREWTH !!

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 03:57:50 PM »
Im a fan of Niko hes a great player and offers alot, i hope he stays. We got him for a real bargain price and last year he was key to our success, technical ability is good and has an eye for goal. He will get games in due course.

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 08:46:42 AM »
We have a long season ahead and he will play more matches, I'm sure. Let's just hope he can wait for his chance.

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 09:02:52 AM »
Bentley, Kranjcar, Corluka, Pav.... should be worth nearly 30m on the open market.... nice change for Arry to use in January on a super sexy sentral striker.... STREWTH !!

Yet another stupid quote::::::

Niko will struggle to get in the side at the moment but he seems a pro down to the last no moaning like others who have been left out ie jenas your favourite if im not mistaken......
Harry said he will get his chance so i guess its upto niko....who knows look at Hutton he took it and now is keeping Charlie out its called having a squad....

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 09:46:27 AM »
The key is for Harry to manage these players an their egos, allowing them to remain content with a place in the squad. It's a difficult situation to handle but one that the drunken scot has mastered over the years.

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 11:23:25 AM »
lo.... Jenas moaning ??.... you must be extra-blinkered if you believe that..

Jenas has repeatedly said that he is not going anywhere and is willing and confident enough to declare that he will compete for a starting place in the team...

you realy are getting desperate now innit ??  8D

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2010, 01:08:44 PM »
lo.... Jenas moaning ??.... you must be extra-blinkered if you believe that..

Jenas has repeatedly said that he is not going anywhere and is willing and confident enough to declare that he will compete for a starting place in the team...

you realy are getting desperate now innit ??  8D

"I'm Gareth Keown and i will keep posting on a link until somebody responds to my usual garbage and then i will pop a little stiffy and go all super-clever on them. That will teach them to mess with Super-Keown, King of Internet Assholes"

"They will never kill the Keown, I will rule the world" etc etc etc

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2010, 01:11:28 PM »
I like Niko, he changed the outcome of a good few games for us last season however i can understand if he wants games and it looks like he might be too far down the pecking order even when we mix things up a bit.

If he does end up leaving then i wouldnt blame him and he would still have been a great bit of business by Harry.

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2010, 01:17:55 PM »
I like Niko, he changed the outcome of a good few games for us last season however i can understand if he wants games and it looks like he might be too far down the pecking order even when we mix things up a bit.

If he does end up leaving then i wouldnt blame him and he would still have been a great bit of business by Harry.

totally agree.... a win-win if/when he does move on to get regular games and Levy gets money in the pot for a super-sexy new guy upfront... ditto Bentlegs, Corluka and Pav..

innit  :up:

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2010, 03:08:04 PM »
Seriously Gareth Keown, are you on drugs?

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2010, 03:13:56 PM »
keown i have never met anyone who only likes his own views and noboby elses.....

jenas never said he was not going anywhere as he was at stoke most of the last week of the transfer window trying with his over rated ego and his agent(probally you yourself).trying to sort out a deal so for you to say he was not going anywhere is basically bulls**t he was moving mate...

I bemoaned your comment on selling half the squad to get a forward which if you didnt notice just being in the cl doesnt guarentee you all the top players in the world..........

If we are to finish in top four and fa cup run and cl we will have to have a squad so that is why i called your comment as stupid.......

before you reply on face value of the comments take a while to stop  your anti spurs fan campaign and read others views and just dont argue with others because they offer some bigger views than yours