SpursNetwork

vdv

Offline RAOUF

vdv
« on: October 02, 2010, 01:20:48 PM »
hi i feel vdv should be our skipper

Re: vdv
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 01:28:04 PM »
Definately. Think its the first time I've seen someone sent off who I felt deserved MOM. If he plays half as committed each game, he's the most motivated player on the pitch by a mile. What an absolute steal.

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 02:06:11 PM »
lets not go overboard with vdV.... he scored a goal last game but also failed to convert a penalty..

mostly tho, he had a free-role coming inside from the right and attacking the space behind the forwards (who were occupying the CBs)..... he had 2-3 good shots which nevertheless shouldnt and didnt cause too much strain for the GK to save....

he was way too reckless tho in both his challenges and put the team at peril with a needless red-card.... very disappointing for a player of his experience, who couldnt control his frustrations....

dont confuse uncontrolled passion and thus recklessness with true  leadership....... for that read under: King, Ledley
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 02:08:31 PM by Gareth Keown »

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 03:06:09 PM »
lets not go overboard with vdV.... he scored a goal last game but also failed to convert a penalty..

mostly tho, he had a free-role coming inside from the right and attacking the space behind the forwards (who were occupying the CBs)..... he had 2-3 good shots which nevertheless shouldnt and didnt cause too much strain for the GK to save....

he was way too reckless tho in both his challenges and put the team at peril with a needless red-card.... very disappointing for a player of his experience, who couldnt control his frustrations....

dont confuse uncontrolled passion and thus recklessness with true  leadership....... for that read under: King, Ledley

and Dawson, Michael when King's not fit.
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 07:18:38 PM »
Great player, he will play a very important role in our campaign this season and he has got off to a flying start. What a buy!

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 07:22:17 PM »
Small point, but Rafa had 4 shots on target not including the penalty. The keeper made three saves and VDV scored the last. All four were remarkable shots and to the keepers credit he made some fine saves as well. On the penalty try - a re-kick could have been awarded. There was some minor encroachment, but the keeper definitely took two steps off the line and cut down the angle pretty significantly.

I don't know about captain just yet, but #11 has been our best player since arriving followed by Bale, and...(gulp) Jenas.
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 08:20:51 PM »
VDV had a great game today, he was at the heart of everything.  Long may it last

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2010, 08:58:10 PM »
Lets not ruin form by messing with a captains roll.

I am just enjoying watching the man in a Spurs shirt.

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2010, 09:57:42 PM »
vdV's greatest attribute is the ability to find the right space at the right time.... the Art of Fighting without fighting... his goals weren't that remarkable from a technical point, but he does find those little pockets of space well..

lets here it for the midfield today ho, who I thought had a very good game.... great movement, passing and nice to see Jenius getting more confidence in his fitness and being more attacking today.... some of JJ's work today was outstanding and he helped balance the midfield very well...

all we need now is Defoe back and the right central striker in the January sales.... 4th is well within grasp again..

Offline dylano

• Hero: Johan Cruyff
Van The Man
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2010, 10:28:17 AM »
Morning all.
Just wondered if anyone else thinks this boy's a bit special.
What with Modric and Bale, Spurs can now claim to have 3 of the best players in the Premiership...

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2010, 12:50:54 PM »
vdV had a 'free-role' in the majority of last 2 games... he was coming inside from RM and therefore wasnt being consistently picked up by any marker.... thats the positive..

but teres also a negative..... everytime he decides to stroll inside and/or upfield he isolates the rightback (Hutton last 2 games) who can then be left confronting a 2 vs 1 situation with the opposing leftback and left-middie..... we can look very vulnerable whenever that happens..

Arry was right to replace Pv with Lennon thereby shoring-up the rightside.... vdV will not find it so easy in future to do his thing.... still a great player to have tho..

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
Re: Van The Man
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2010, 01:38:58 PM »
Morning all.
Just wondered if anyone else thinks this boy's a bit special.
What with Modric and Bale, Spurs can now claim to have 3 of the best players in the Premiership...

Yeah..super star...unbelievable talent....hopefully he'll be at the Lane for many many years to come.
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2010, 02:18:45 PM »
Of course he's a bit special he's just played in a World Cup Final, all I hope is that we can keep him and maybe attract some other world class players too help improve our team !!!!
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2010, 02:59:41 PM »
He has settled extremely quickly to my suprise and is in great form at the moment. He has already shown us his class. What a great bit of business it was to get him let alone for just £8 million.
But i fear he may move on at the end this season. If not then next season if we aren't in the CL anymore.

The pressure of keeping him seems to come down to whether we can get Champions League football again next season, but with the Prem being so so competitive its going to be tough, tougher than last season in my opinion.

COYS!

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2010, 05:05:05 PM »
I actually think it's gonna be easier to get 4th this season.... Liverpool are rubbish and won't be in the hunt and that just leaves Abu Dhabi County...ADC will not improve dramatically from here whereas we have a greater potential to improve once even 2 players come back from l/t injury and we concentrate on getting a central striker in January..

this season so far we've had Gomes, Defoe injured for half the games.... Gallas, Kaboul injured.... and other injuries to minor players too... once 1-2 of those get back again we should be fine for 4th.... if we are not more than 5pts behind Citeh by mid-Jan'11...

its gonna be easy... twust me  :up: