SpursNetwork

What was Harry about to say?

Offline JohnLaceysDiscopants

• Hero: GLENN HODDLE
  • Season Ticket: Yes
What was Harry about to say?
« on: September 15, 2010, 02:15:30 PM »
In Harry:s interview he was asked did he say anything to BAE about the ridiculous throw he gave away for the game changing goal Bremen got before half time and intimated that he didnt say anything too him because BAE is ? and stopped his train of thought .What did he really want too say ? DISCUSS  .
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 02:40:44 PM by RiffHard »

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: WHAT WAS HARRY ABOUT TOO SAY ?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 02:22:46 PM »
I think the next team selection may answer all your questions!!!!

:P
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 02:36:15 PM »

Lets hope UGS Harry gives a difinitive answer in January as a proper left back is brought in  :up:

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
Re: What was Harry about to say?
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 02:44:24 PM »
Come on, everybody makes mistakes. Yes, it was a bad one but this doesn't suddenly make Assou-Ekotto a crap player. Players simply go through highs and lows, that's football for you.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 02:59:09 PM »

Lets hope UGS Harry gives a difinitive answer in January as a proper left back is brought in  :up:

To be fair to the lad he has been very good for us but at the moment he seems to be going through a very poor patch, maybe the signing of another LB in January may sort things out. Hopefully he will get his s**t together and recapture his form of last season !!!

:up:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 04:17:33 PM »
The thing i think it is with BAE, is that he is far to confident... if you understand what im trying to get at.

He thinks he is better than what he is and therefor thinks he can pull off anything he tries.

Harry does need to tell him, to bring him back down alittle

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 05:30:42 PM »
The thing i think it is with BAE, is that he is far to confident... if you understand what im trying to get at.

He thinks he is better than what he is and therefor thinks he can pull off anything he tries.

Harry does need to tell him, to bring him back down alittle
/quote] To be fair BIGGS your right in the sense BAE thinks he:s better than he is and also he knows there:s no competition for his place unless Harry plays BALE there and i:M not sure Harry wants to tamper with the attacking flair of bale by bringing him back at the expense of BAE and im sure BAE knows this hence the need for decent competition for the left back spot .
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 05:33:22 PM by JohnLaceysDiscopants »

Offline PaulInRome

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 06:19:21 PM »
Last season he looked one of the best full-backs around but he certainly seems to have the odd headless chicken moment. If we've got money to spend, we should be buying a righ-back, not a left-back. Watching Corluka runnnig at half the speed of Marin was scary.

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 06:31:50 PM »
so 1 of the best leftbacks of last season is now suddenly very average cos he took a bad throw-in,  and we should get someone else...lol..

well at least you girls have started to finally realise what a long tall pile of absolute toss Corluka is.... I hink hes even worse than Dawson now, and thats really something you dont wanna be...

with Bale and Lennon both attacking wide from midfield, leaving us only 2 in the middle there.... its really making us look an ordinary team alot of timews now...the quality of the play is really sub-standard..

last year, we mostly used a 'virtual 3' in the CM positions as Modric/Kranjcar came inside so much of any game from LM.... this allowed us to be compact in the middle, and we had just the 1 wide outlet.... and it worked really well....... we dont look nearly as coherent, fluent or high-class with the ball with 2 wide midfielders at the same time...

we will now continue to look average, for as long as Arry perseveres with both wingers playing concurrently (thats means: at the same time, btw)....

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2010, 08:45:39 PM »
BAE was brilliant last season, like a few have said, he seems to be having a dip in form and mistakes have crept into his game. He's a strong character and I have no qualms about him. He'll bounce back!
COYS!

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 11:18:17 AM »
BAE was brilliant last season, like a few have said, he seems to be having a dip in form and mistakes have crept into his game. He's a strong character and I have no qualms about him. He'll bounce back!

I hope your right dedley, but if he actually had some competition at LB then he might be more 'focused' and play as well as we know he can !!

I hope that some of the other players might have had a word in his shell like and told him straight that he needs to up his game !!!

:up: