SpursNetwork

Impossible to hold on to Bale

Offline JohnLaceysDiscopants

• Hero: GLENN HODDLE
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Impossible to hold on to Bale
« on: September 14, 2010, 10:18:58 PM »
Is there a better left sided player in the game right now than bale .His performances just get better and better surley its only a matter of time before the big money is offered and i:m not sure Mr levy and company can ignore them. How ever its a privilege to watch this CLASS ACT week in week out and long may it continue .

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Impossible to hold on to Bale
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 10:53:33 PM »
I think it really depends on him. If he's happy and we are winning things then he may want to stay. He must be doing ok for money he just signed a new long term contract, Which also means we will be under no pressure to sell just yet. He's very young so we will probably lose him at some point, but with any luck we will get another couple of seasons out of him before he heads for Madrid or Barcelona. 

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 05:32:52 AM »
His head hasn't been turned yet, so as long that doesn't happen he probably won't be sold. We are actually in serious need for some silverware in order to keep our best players here.

Oh, and what ever future brings us - just don't sell him to Manchester City.

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 07:57:38 AM »
I think VDV is more liklry to leave than Bale.

I don't know why but i just get the feeling that VDV will do a berba if we don't get CL football next year

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 08:11:09 AM »
Oh yeah VDV is just a mercenary, I'll be very suprised if he sees out his contract. Although he looks as though he's enjoying himself at the moment, getting games and playing in his favourite position, so you can never tell.

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 08:30:56 AM »
I also doubt van der Vaart will stay for more than two years. There are two reasons:

Firstly, the transfer went through on a deadline day, meaning he had to join us unless he would have wanted to play for Madrid reserves for the rest of the season. Had it been a summer transfer meaning that the palyer, his agents, our club representatives and manager would have had a chance to properly sit down with him and discuss plans, then I wouldn't be so sceptical.

Should we miss out on CL next season (let's face it, anything is possible with Spurs), he will be off. This whole CL thing is like a bloody drug addiction, once the players get the taste of it, they never seem to think of anything else.

Offline Berliner FC Dynamo

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 08:43:06 AM »
Yesterday Gareth Bale was overriding!

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 10:36:56 AM »
It wouldnt be impossible if we won the Premier League, then the Champions League next season or even this season , but realistically whats the likelyhood of that ?

Offline PaulInRome

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 06:29:21 PM »
I watched the game on TV here in Italy and the Italian commentators were raving about him being a world star. I can already imagine the Inter game being billed as the best left midfielder in the world facing up to the best right back in the world (Maicon).

As Macca says, unless the whole team starts competing with the Chelsea's, Real Madrid's etc then we have to resign ourselves to losing him. Since we're 7 points behind Chelsea after 4 games ..... :'(

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2010, 06:38:19 PM »
as much as he has looked good (to the detriment of the formation and therefore poor team performance) I think he maybe should move on in January even...

I'd like us to play Kranjcar/Modric cutting inside from LM, and have just 1 winger as the outlet.... we look more solid and it suits our passing game more to attack thru the middle more...just as we did for the majority of last season...

Bale is not happy or even good enough defensively as a LB..... 27m+ should do the trick.... maybe RM, ManUtd  or even Chelsea may just be the best place for him..... and Spurs.

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 05:43:48 PM »
Gareth, you are talking the biggest load of crap i have ever heard bro, he will n ot leave spurs and i will go one better, he will captain our team in the future bro.
Build a team round him, thats how good he is and he will only get better, wait and see.