SpursNetwork

Robbie Keane to seize opportunity in team

Offline JohnLaceysDiscopants

• Hero: GLENN HODDLE
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Robbie Keane to seize opportunity in team
« on: September 09, 2010, 01:59:46 PM »
Can Robbie seize the chance he;s been waiting for or has Harry had enough?

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Robbie Keane to seize opportunity in team
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 02:35:37 PM »
He had a good pre-season, he scored for RoI some days ago. He is a proven EPL forward with huge experience. Now that Defoe is out, I can see Keane starting some games in coming weeks. Harry has assured that Keane is always part of his plans and to be honest Keane can only grab his chances and use them because transfer window is closed and there is no way out for him. And knowing Keane, whether he is on form or not, no-one can accuse him of giving 50 or 70 per cent, always 100 and even more. So, all in all I think we'll see him scoring some important goals soon enough.

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 03:12:44 PM »
Welcome to the site mate  :up:

I think Hrry's hand has been forced and he will have to play Keane. It;s up to keano though, if he takes it or just runs around sulking

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 04:03:43 PM »
With us being in 4 competitions I think the whole squad will be given their chance at some point or another. To be fair I think Robbie is probably 3rd or 4th choice now so his chances will probably be limited, so when he gets a chance let's hope he grabs it with both hands !!

Welcome to the site mate  :up:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline JohnLaceysDiscopants

• Hero: GLENN HODDLE
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 05:44:14 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome lads hope to have many a great chat about all things SPURS  :) .

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 12:02:08 PM »
I can now see Keano getting gametime in the Prem mainly, when vdV may be rested between/during matches and in preparation for CL games... I'm pleased about it as he has stayed after the Window and will now earn his corn, rather than just warm the bench..

we will still have 4 strikers: vdV, Keano, Crouchy and Pav..... so its still a well balanced squad, even with 2 key injuries (both during non-Spurs games)...

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 01:14:20 PM »
I wouldn't class VDV as a striker as such. I would say he's more a "number 10 role" where by he supports the lone attacker from the "hole" between the striker(s) and midfield. Thats where he has been most effective throughout his career.
COYS!

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 01:35:15 PM »
if Keano can play as a proper bona fide 'forward' then vdV certainly can, as he is more athletic as well as more creative and technically better..

most continental teams dont play a 4-4-2 therefore it would be silly to saythat none of their 'hole' players coldnt tweak their game slightly enough to adapt to the only slightly differing position of 1 of the forwards in a 4-4-2...

I expect vdV to not only adapt reasonably well, but actually shine there in this team...

Offline GingerPele

• Hero: Lineker
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2010, 04:46:35 PM »
I really believe that Robbie will have a big role to play for us this season. I watched him in Dublin on tuesday and his movement was exceptional. Had he had a more attack minded midfield behind him he would have had a lot more goalscoring chances.

As has already been posted, if we are to compete in four competitions we will have to rely on all our strickers to deliver at various stages during the season.

Lossing Defoe is a big blow but we have to trust our remaining strickers to step up and deliver.

COYS

Offline pukekohespur

• Hero: Greaves
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2010, 10:18:03 PM »
I have always been a huge Keane fan. It has distressed me that his form since returning has been tepid. at best. I have dreaded his departure as he would currently be leaving the club as something of a failure [since his return] I believe he deserves far better, so i am overjoyed that he still here and has the chance to prove a point.
SO I am hoping that he siezes this opportunity, leads from the front and returns to the blistering form that made him such a favourite and then if he does leave he will do so as  legend, with his head held high.
Yes i could be being over optimisitic but two years ago who would have thought that we would be playing Werder Bremen in the Champions league group stages this week.
Our meteroic rise means that great things can happen, dreams can come true... even to Spurs.
"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is." Danny Blanchflower

Offline Lowestoft Yid

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2010, 10:43:55 PM »
I think he'll start 2moro with Crouch

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2010, 11:02:01 AM »
Keano will step up to the challenge at hand and im sure he will be counted for and will score goals again for us. I can see him starting up front with Crouchy. Ive never really doubted Keano i just kind of forget about his talent when we have Defoe and Pav etc on form out there and hes down the pecking order. At this time its very important for every member of our squad to play there part with the run of games coming up.

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2010, 03:18:38 PM »
I think Keano is well past it, all i ever see him do is waving his arms about when he is unable to make an oppertunity for himself, he's lost atleast 2 yards of pace and frankly the liverpool / celtic boyhood supporter can bugger off
I was dissapointed we didnt get Huntelaar :(

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2010, 03:56:22 PM »
I think Keano is well past it, all i ever see him do is waving his arms aabout when he is unable to make an oppertunity for himself, he's lost atleast 2 yards of pace and frankly the liverpool / celtic boyhood supporter can bugger off
I was dissapointed we didnt get Huntelaar :(

My sentiments exactly

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2010, 04:58:56 PM »
Need to back him all the way now though... We'll be relying on him...