SpursNetwork

Arry catches VD - perfect timing

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
Arry catches VD - perfect timing
« on: September 09, 2010, 10:11:50 AM »
looks like Defoe could now be out for 6weeks and Arry is now in perfect position to give his latest signing vdV an extended run in the team, without having to 'drop' Defoe, as a forward alongside either Pav or Crouch... should now be starting the match on Saturday along with Gallas (the perfecet tune-up for the festivities on Tuesday)..

thanks Jermain..... thanks Mickey...

Offline TheStig

• Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Arry catches VD - perfect timing
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 11:54:22 AM »
Is it just me that saw the news of Defoe's layoff and didnt really bat an eyelid.....well not as much as I would normally.

It wasnt long ago I would be thinking were a gonorrhoea but with the depth in the team its not a major show stopper eh?  :lol:
Some say........my teeth glow in the dark, my earwax tastes like turkish delight, I have two sets of knees & I can swim the atlantic ocean ..................underwater!!!!

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 12:54:00 PM »
Indeed. Interesting to see who harry. Picks on saturday. Lets blood in vdv and gallas asap. I wonder how soon sandro will feature.?

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 03:58:30 PM »
looks like Defoe could now be out for 6weeks and Arry is now in perfect position to give his latest signing vdV an extended run in the team, without having to 'drop' Defoe, as a forward alongside either Pav or Crouch... should now be starting the match on Saturday along with Gallas (the perfecet tune-up for the festivities on Tuesday)..

thanks Jermain..... thanks Mickey...

Losing two important squad members is hardly a reason to say thankyou.

The team should be picked on merit and we should not be rejoicing the fact that two of our players are injured and two others are taking their place, thus making dropping players and bringing others in easy !!!!

In fact it's quite distasteful to be happy about this situation, and the fact that two players have long term injuries !!!

:(
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 04:24:34 PM »
dontt be so precious Ugsy... of course its great news.... cos now both vd and Galllas will be able to bed down into the team without the pressure of the other 2 'popular' lads being demanded to be played by the fans..

also... would you feel the same way if Jenas was a regular and the 1 who was injured instead ??.... :coolsmiley:

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 04:35:35 PM »
dontt be so precious Ugsy... of course its great news.... cos now both vd and Galllas will be able to bed down into the team without the pressure of the other 2 'popular' lads being demanded to be played by the fans..

also... would you feel the same way if Jenas was a regular and the 1 who was injured instead ??.... :coolsmiley:

This may shock you but if Gallas gets injured and is out for a length of time I would be gutted as he is a member of our squad, as is Jenas. Just because they are not my favourite players dosen't mean that I am happy and rejoice over the fact that they are injured and calling any injury 'great news' is sick.
Like I said the team should be selected on ability and form, which is far more productive than celebrating players being out due to injury !!!

For someone who claims to know so much about football and players your logic is flawed to say the least !!!

>:(
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 05:47:04 PM »
injuries to regulars can allow others to get an extended run in the team without the pressure of being constantly undermined by fan-pressure for their favourites to come on for them...

also, can be a great chance to improve the team ie. when Bale had an extended run in the team after BAE got injured last December..

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 06:02:32 PM »
injuries to regulars can allow others to get an extended run in the team without the pressure of being constantly undermined by fan-pressure for their favourites to come on for them...

also, can be a great chance to improve the team ie. when Bale had an extended run in the team after BAE got injured last December..

I don't disagree with that what I'm saying is I find it distasteful you find it great news that two of our squad are injured irrespective of who it is, players being injured take options away !!
My concern is that we want the strongest squad possible with healthy competition for places, now at this moment Gallas and Van der Vaart are almost assured of their places because of injury, rather than them having to displace a player to gain their starting place. I would hope that it wouldn't make a difference but they might not give 100% to ensure they keep their place as they don't have too, but they are good professionals (mostly) so it shouldn't make any difference.
:P

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 08:43:50 PM »
Erm hang on. What happens if Gallas or VDV get bad injuries ? Do we rejoice in the fact that some kid from the reserves gets to have a go in the Champions League. I think I'd prefer we had all our top players fit anyone coming into the side should be there on merit not due to the misfortune of others and I'm pretty certain the players would feel the same. We have a lot of games this season (well hopefully) and all those that deserve it will get plenty of game time. 

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2010, 10:30:40 AM »
if we did have to get injuries at this stage of the season, I can't think of 2 other regular players that would make 'better' candidates.... the 2 to come in will now be able to play regularly without too much pressure for their places..

I think especially in Gallas' case, it is a welcome aspect, as he is bound to suffer some negativity from the 'fans' at WHL... who if Dawson was fit, would be demanding he came on to replace Wills at every possible opportunity..

Arry is quite partial to fan-mob rule as the Ghaly incident perfectly illustrated: when Arry duly changed his mind about bringing Ghaly on just due to fans booing him.... not a good way to show who's boss Arry.. maybe when he's England manager he can also get the Sun to pick his team for him 24hrs before games..