SpursNetwork

White HAART Lane

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
White HAART Lane
« on: August 31, 2010, 09:10:10 PM »
thru all the trials, heartbreak and tribulations of the whole Fabiano saga, it looks like salvation has come from the most left-field of directions..

a player of the sheer QUALITY of vdV who can play 2nd-striker, leftside, rightside, play-make, score goals, fairly quick, LEFT-FOOTED, hugely experienced on the European stage, right age, BARGAIN PRICED, English speaking and willing to come here... the options upfront for partnerships, formations have just gone onto another level..

it really doesnt get much better..

enjoy.

Offline patt

• The Real Martin Jol
  • Hero: Gazza
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: White HAART Lane
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 09:12:25 PM »
thru all the trials, heartbreak and tribulations of the whole Fabiano saga, it looks like salvation has come from the most left-field of directions..

a player of the sheer QUALITY of vdV who can play 2nd-striker, leftside, rightside, play-make, score goals, fairly quick, LEFT-FOOTED, hugely experienced on the European stage, right age, BARGAIN PRICED, English speaking and willing to come here... the options upfront for partnerships, formations have just gone onto another level..

enjoy.

couldnt have said it better gareth my good man......here we go!

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 09:13:37 PM »
Yeah, if it goes through will be good.

will be interesting where he plays, im guessing CM.

But what does that mean for Modric and co

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 09:16:37 PM »
If I'm not mistaken he did not want to come to Spurs some years ago. See, what CL can do. A f**king mercenary...

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 09:20:59 PM »
If I'm not mistaken he did not want to come to Spurs some years ago. See, what CL can do. A f**king mercenary...

It's sad to say but, 90% of all big name players will be the same

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 09:36:03 PM »
For once i agree with gareth on a player. Ive always rated him ever since BMJ said i wanted him!

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 09:42:24 PM »
Riffhard.... you seem to be under the sad delusion that every gifted intl. acclaimed footballer that has ever been on the planet was somehow born a Spurs fan.... sorry to enlighten you but this just may not necessarily be the case..

I think vd gives us several formation possibilities: he could play as a striker instead of Defoe next to someone tall and selfish (Pav?)...... drift between the lines as and be a 'hole' player..... play RM and drift inside a la Modric/Kranjcar do from LM..... play as a LM/Winger on the leftside...... he really gives us a few options to change/rotate formation even during matches...

I'm getting quite moist just in anticipation of the Art that is to follow shortly from the team from here on in.....

PS - I'm glad to see CoutPuchi, that BMJ held your opinions in such high esteem  ^-^
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 09:46:26 PM by Gareth Keown »

Offline CountPuchi

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 10:49:43 PM »
Well its because when Bmj said he was interested in VdV, ive been following his progress since he  was still at Dortmund. Time after time he keeps on impressing me and i was kinda sad we couldnt really get him. But now! The prospect of him coming man i cant wait! If it goes through ill be so happy that this would be the "marquee" signing.

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 11:04:05 PM »
Count Puchi.... I'm really impressed by you lately..

to think that you'd have the perseverance to follow his progress all the way to Dortmund, when he was living and playing for Hamburg SV....... must have been visiting a sick aunt maybe ??.... with a strange little stalker fallowing his every footstep...

you reaaly should get a check-up from the neck up methinks... ::)

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 11:56:59 PM »

enjoy.

Really?

In the transfer section you wrote...."Fan the Faart...... over-hyped slow midget but has a nice little piroette and an okay shot..

So he has went from an over-hyped slow midget, to  a player of the sheer QUALITY(your words not mine)

I think your a bit of a WUM myself!!
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

Offline Dom07Tottenham

• Hero: Gareth Bale
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010, 12:31:03 AM »
Van der Vaart, pendiente del OK de la Premier
ACUERDO REAL MADRID-TOTTENHAM POR SU TRASPASO

http://www.marca.com/

Wow yeah can anyone read Spanish because I for one can not , and read the article I posted, another site unnamed claimed that spanish site www.marca.com confirms the RvD transfer. Well it is going to be an exciting anxious wait today to see whether we pushed through RvD transfer on time sounds like an STD but OMG, is Harry just pulling our.... I bloody hope not, this would be a great move, and give us that extra creativity and goalscoring ability in midfield that we need, Modders is a maestro and our most creative mid but lacks the killer shot, our at least on a more consistent basis, so we rely on Bale for goals in midfield, and hope our strikers are firing, as they seem to do so intermittently, at least they all chip in well, with RdV I am very eager to see the arrival of him this would be a major coup. While Modders is injured surely he will start and sit in front of Hudd, thats if we got him, when Modders returns, do you think he (Modric) will be moved back to LM where he played a bit last season, to accomodate RvD in the middle, behind the strikers, and Bale at LB, or switch to a 4-5-1 for tough away games EPL or CL and grind out a result on the counter much like Wigan who taught us thast lesson on saturday, the only problem here is are any of our strikers suited to being the lone wolf up front?.

Crouch is the first that comes to mind as he has the ability to hold up the ball, we all know he is great with head......I mean is great with his head, there much better, ha ha, but he doesn't have the pace to penetrate defences with dribbling, (still sounds dirty now sorry) and when he played a full game up front as the lone striker against Stoke he really ran out of petrol (however fitness surely will improve over the season). Defoe and Keane have more mobility, and Defoe has pace also Keane not as much anymore, but do they have the strength to hold off a few defenders?, and Pav is a good player who makes room for himself to shoot from distance, but again I am not sure he has the pacey, dribbling ability that this position requires, all and all it will be interesting to see.

Next question is how didn't he end up at Bayern for 18m?, surely the issue couldn't have been wages otherwise we would have had no chance, unless Madrid were apprehensive to pay any of his wages to send him to Bayern CL rivals, but willing to pay a share to transfer to us, but really I can't see that one coming to fruition, maybe he wasn't guaranteed a starting spot, but surely with Robben out for the rest of the year they would fit him in some where??

« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 12:44:24 AM by Dom07Tottenham »

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2010, 01:16:03 AM »
Rafael Van der Vaart jugará en el Tottenham salvo que la Premier decida este miércoles no dar validez a su traspaso. El Real Madrid   y el club inglés han llegado a un acuerdo por el que la entidad que   preside Florentino Pérez cobraría más de diez millones de euros

It just says that its not confirmed yet.

English:

Raphael Van der Vaart will play in the Premier Tottenham unless the decision on Wednesday not to validate your transfer. The   Real Madrid and the English club have reached an agreement whereby the   president Florentino Perez entity would charge more than ten million euros.
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2010, 03:03:37 AM »
Time will tell, fingers crossed.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline CountPuchi

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2010, 05:15:20 AM »
whoops mistake there~ Yeah humburg! Dortmund was the other kid Nuri Sahin

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2010, 09:49:30 AM »