SpursNetwork

Transfer Deadline Day.

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Transfer Deadline Day.
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2010, 11:10:40 PM »
Well any update??? Is he?? Isnt he? ??? ??........................
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 11:21:01 PM by bigv »

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2010, 11:49:53 PM »
The Premier League is looking at the circumstances of the deal...decision expected tomorrow..fingers crossed..he's only 27..yet to hit his prime imo.
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2010, 09:55:53 AM »
you just know that if it Abu Dhabi County the authorities would have bent over backwards to acconodate them if it was 4hrs over deadline...

they wouldnt dare say no in case UAE got the hump and pulled all their oil-money outta the British economy..... stock market wouldve halved in 2 days..

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2010, 10:54:14 AM »
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=819695&sec=transfers&cc=4716&cc=5739

So im guessing it is true that VdV Deal is completed. Plz plz oh  plz make sure he comes and not January! Omg omg omg!! Shirt number shirt number!!

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2010, 12:32:40 PM »
We missed the deadline. The deal is in doubt big time.

We are asking the PL for an exception because of technical issues sending the paper work

Offline Dom07Tottenham

• Hero: Gareth Bale
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2010, 12:40:09 PM »

Any sources for your info? Did you read it on skysports?
Thats the skysports interview with Harry about it, but still neither confirms it either way.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11675_6352239,00.html?

According to Skysports article
Sky Sports News understands Tottenham Hotspur missed the deadline to finalise the paperwork for the signing of Rafael van der Vaart.

Thats the article headline but they neither confirm it either way also, they just rewrite what we already new, no actual hard information that we missed the deadline, so not sure where they are getting their information from either.

full article below

Sky Sports News understands Tottenham Hotspur missed the deadline to finalise the paperwork for the signing of Rafael van der Vaart.

Spurs made a late bid to bring in Holland international Van der Vaart and tried to complete the deal before Tuesday's 6pm cut-off.

However, it is understood that technical issues prevented the necessary paperwork from being completed and Spurs have now requested special dispensation from the Premier League to add the midfielder to their squad.

The club were not initially expected to be particularly active on deadline day, but the sudden availability of Van der Vaart at a knock-down price of £8million prompted Spurs to act.

Manager Harry Redknapp told Sky Sports News on Tuesday evening that he was hopeful of signing Van der Vaart and conceded the club could not pass up such an opportunity.

Quality player

"I think he was going to Bayern Munich yesterday for about £18million, but suddenly it became an awful lot cheaper," said Redknapp.

"He is available now for about £8million. He is a quality player. He is a Dutch international and a great footballer.

"For that sort of money, he is a top player and he will improve us for sure. We have made the effort, whether we can pull it off or not we will have to see.

"I am hopeful. It could happen. It was a last-minute job. When I came in this morning it certainly wasn't something I was looking to do."

He added: "He is a great passer of the ball, he is a top footballer. He will join in here and play the way we like to play, he would be a big plus for us.

"He looked like he was going for £18million but then the fee came crashing down because the deadline got close. If the chairman can pull it off, I think he will have got a real bargain."
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 12:44:42 PM by Dom07Tottenham »

Offline Lowestoft Yid

« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2010, 12:43:00 PM »

Offline bigv

« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2010, 01:00:44 PM »
I really hope we can pull this off. This guy is world class and will walk into the spurs side.

« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2010, 01:02:57 PM »
All very similar to Arshavin's transfer.
I can't understand why the english window finished at 6pm, while scotlands was at midnight.
Denmark's closes at midnight tonight!!, and I've just read that VDV may be offered to Copenhagen if the spurs deal falls through.
Does this give the countries with a later closing window an advantage to pick the bones of failed moves.
Why doesn't the window shut for all UEFA leagues at the same time?

Offline Dom07Tottenham

• Hero: Gareth Bale
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2010, 01:05:52 PM »

Yeah just saw that one, they say they understand we have missed the deadline, and are asking for special dispensation, I really hope they are being presumptious here, where did they find this out from, FA about they only ones who can confirm, but I am keeping my hopes up, anyone believe in the power of positive thought lol, I am not superstitious but I have my fingers crossed. Good point MKSPURS, maybe because of time diff but, then again if Scotlands is midnight, WTF.

Lars Jacobsen to Blackburn apparently went through at 5:58, and David Carney to Blackpool late also, so they are both waiting clearance.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 01:08:59 PM by Dom07Tottenham »

Offline THWH90

• In With The ITKs
    • http://www.spursnetwork.com
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2010, 01:20:01 PM »
Hey guys, have no fear Van Der Vaart will come.

Really both sides are to blame for this saga, apparently the FA were a disorganised sham, but we were 10-20minutes late so that's where the problem lies.. We're claiming technical difficulties with our email survers or something  :lol: Which the FA want proof of, which were struggling with. If that fails then there's a load of 'excuses' we can fire at them anyway... ;)

To sum up, they can't reject this deal as we have FIFA's backing not to mention Madrid and Van Der Vaart fully behind this deal.

If it doesn't get through, Van Der Vaart will not be able to play football until January as he isn't in Madrid's squad, UNLESS he goes to Copenhagen on loan (window closes tonight in Denmark). I doubt Van Der Vaart will like that... Also, we can throw the book at them and call a court order about them blighting a player's career.

All in all they have to let this deal go through. They've done it in the past, Benjani to City and Arshavin to Ars*nal are just 2 examples of this. We should find out by 5pm (squad submitting deadline), if the Premire Officials don't be complete ****ers, we will have him by then, if not this could drag on like the Arshavin deal!

« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 01:21:35 PM by THWH90 »
Get Moussa Sissoko In Spurs!!!!

And come on City, break that bloomin' top 4!

Offline patt

• The Real Martin Jol
  • Hero: Gazza
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2010, 01:38:07 PM »
Hey guys, have no fear Van Der Vaart will come.

Really both sides are to blame for this saga, apparently the FA were a disorganised sham, but we were 10-20minutes late so that's where the problem lies.. We're claiming technical difficulties with our email survers or something  :lol: Which the FA want proof of, which were struggling with. If that fails then there's a load of 'excuses' we can fire at them anyway... ;)

To sum up, they can't reject this deal as we have FIFA's backing not to mention Madrid and Van Der Vaart fully behind this deal

If it doesn't get through, Van Der Vaart will not be able to play football until January as he isn't in Madrid's squad, UNLESS he goes to Copenhagen on loan (window closes tonight in Denmark). I doubt Van Der Vaart will like that... Also, we can throw the book at them and call a court order about them blighting a player's career.

All in all they have to let this deal go through. They've done it in the past, Benjani to City and Arshavin to Ars*nal are just 2 examples of this. We should find out by 5pm (squad submitting deadline), if the Premire Officials don't be complete ****ers, we will have him by then, if not this could drag on like the Arshavin deal!

im feeling more positive!! please please please let him be a Spurs player............perrrrrrlllllllease!!!!!!

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2010, 02:41:36 PM »
Got to love Arry at times..Bayern Munich £18 million offer dismissed.

Real Madrid have denied Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp's claims Bayern   Munich were close to an £18million deal for Rafael van der Vaart.
Spurs are waiting for the all-clear from the Premier League over the   signing of the Dutch midfielder after technical problems saw them   struggle to complete the £8million deal before the transfer deadline.
As he awaited confirmation of the deal on Tuesday night, Redknapp   claimed the 27-year-old had been set to join Bayern for £18million on   Monday but "suddenly he became much cheaper".
But in a statement on Real's official website their sporting director   Miguel Pardeza said: "It is absolutely false that Real Madrid received a   21million euro offer from Bayern Munich for Van der Vaart.
"In fact, the German team never showed an interest to sign the   player, so the allegations made in England have greatly surprised us."
He added: "Real Madrid met all the deadlines regarding the transfer   of Van der Vaart. It's now up to the Premier League to accept the   signing so that we can make it official."

"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2010, 03:18:41 PM »
Deal Confirmed!

He is a Tottenham Player!

Offline Lowestoft Yid