SpursNetwork

Pazzini

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
Pazzini
« on: August 30, 2010, 12:30:14 AM »
alot of talk about Levy being in Italy today... and Huntelaar seems to be heading for Shalke on transfer not loan (as Spurs want)..

Fabiano deal is getting more unlikely as Levy wants a younger striker but with similar goalscoring pedigree for the amount that Sevilla want...

Pazzini was due for Juventus but they have just got Quagliarella recently (similar striker) and Sampdoria are out of the C.League...

Pazzini.... ticks all the boxes for Levy ??

20m + add-ons...

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Pazzini
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 09:42:21 AM »
never heard of him to be honest :P

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 10:20:48 AM »

same...
COYS!

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
  • Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 10:32:23 AM »
cough, cough *muntari* cough cough
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 10:54:07 AM »
Muntari ??.... only if Arrty's done another dodgy deal with his agent for some dosh to be transferred to 1 of his Swiss, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Bahamas or Jersey bank-accounts... Arry doesnt do bank accounts in Britain it seems...

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 12:32:27 PM »
I'm not a big fan of Pazzini... alot of clubs have been looking at him for a long  long time even when he was at Fiorentina. But No.1 was prepared to take the risk on him.

Never really got alot of goals for Fiorentina, but turned it around for Sampdoria.

I dunno, he is just one of them players when i watch, he doesn't stand out to me.

Offline PaulInRome

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 12:50:07 PM »
I'm not a big fan of Pazzini either. He tends to disappear out of games, although he does then pop up now and again and score a goal (bit like Pav).

(Unreliable) gossip this morning in Italy is that wih Huntellar on his way to Germany, Spurs are trying to get Giuseppe rossi (Villareal; ex Man Utd).

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 01:11:09 PM »
Pazzini is not a sort of player that will instantly stand out in a match.... all he ever does is score goals at an alarmingly good rate, even for a smaller club like Sampdoria..

he has little pace but to compensate he has to make do with a fantastic football-brain which has enabled him to be the best player in world for last 2 seasons in the penalty-box.... he scores goals with his head in more ways than one...

on a goals to chances ratio: easily the best striker in the world..... thats really all he is.... nothing more.

PS - I think we'll end up with Rossi at around 9m.... an acceptable alternative to Il Pazzo, by my reckoning
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 01:18:18 PM by Gareth Keown »

Offline PaulInRome

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 01:34:02 PM »
Pazzini is not a sort of player that will instantly stand out in a match.... all he ever does is score goals at an alarmingly good rate, even for a smaller club like Sampdoria..

he has little pace but to compensate he has to make do with a fantastic football-brain which has enabled him to be the best player in world for last 2 seasons in the penalty-box.... he scores goals with his head in more ways than one...

on a goals to chances ratio: easily the best striker in the world..... thats really all he is.... nothing more.

PS - I think we'll end up with Rossi at around 9m.... an acceptable alternative to Il Pazzo, by my reckoning

Gareth, that's a fair point about his goals-to-chances ratio. It's probably better than any of the four we've got up front right now. Having said that, I still can't imagine him slamming in 30 goals a season. Same with Rossi too. I think we need Huntelaar or Suarez for that.

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2010, 01:53:59 PM »
with our supply-line for chances every game, I dont think Il Pazzo will be short of chances.... what we chronically lack is a striker to convert those chances consistently at even near the rate of Pazzini..

the guy is deadly with crosses cos of his impecaable position and game-reading, has fantastic feet with a great 1st-touch.... 2 or 3 touches and BAM!! its in the net.... thats all he does...

he would work great with either Defoe or Crouch alongside him...

Rossi would be a shrewd alternative.... younger, has more pace and can work the channels well, left-footed so could help backup the left-midfield slot too.... different kind of player to Pazzo but very good and ALOT CHEAPER
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 01:56:59 PM by Gareth Keown »

Offline AuburnSpur

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 05:37:14 PM »

Sure  you have - classic movie character from The Princess Bride:

ViPazzini: You're trying to kidnap what I've rightfully stolen.

ViPazzini: HE DIDN'T FALL? INCONCEIVABLE.
Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

ViPazzini: You only think I guessed wrong! That's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...

Offline bigv

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2010, 10:38:06 PM »

Sure  you have - classic movie character from The Princess Bride:

ViPazzini: You're trying to kidnap what I've rightfully stolen.

ViPazzini: HE DIDN'T FALL? INCONCEIVABLE.

Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

ViPazzini: You only think I guessed wrong! That's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...

suddenly..... it all becomes clear!!!!! :lol:

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2010, 09:23:57 PM »

The new pippo Inzaghi then

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2010, 09:54:44 PM »
Inzaghi is nowhere near as good as Pazzini..

Peppo mainly hustled and harried for umpteenth chances during games and scored a few thru sheer attrition and bloody-mindedness...

Pazzini is like a great white shark that will take your legs off in deep water and you wouldnt even feel it.... picture the striking version of Huddlestone.... now youre starting to come close to what Pazzini is...