SpursNetwork

Steven Taylor on transfer list

Offline Dom07Tottenham

• Hero: Gareth Bale
  • Season Ticket: No
Steven Taylor on transfer list
« on: August 28, 2010, 04:36:28 AM »
Good young Newcastle defender, England B but future England senior rep, we have Gallas, Woody, and King, who all are ageing some more considerably than others, Woody, why not bring in another quality young central defender, what if Gallas gets injured at his age, it is likely he would be out for a while as the recovery stage is allot longer, and we will definitely need him in seasons to come when these retire, and he is available now, his stock will rise, Blackburn and another EPL team were supposedly after him.

Article below Chris Hughton confirms he is is on transfer list.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=817640&sec=england&cc=3436&cc=3436

Chris Hughton insists he wants transfer-listed defender Steven Taylor to stay at the club.

PA Photos
Hughton: Wants Steven Taylor to stay in Toon
•  Toon to cash in on Taylor
•  Acc Stanley 2-3 Newcastle United
The club's hierarchy decided to put Taylor up for sale on Wednesday due to a breakdown in talks about a new contract. It is thought the 24-year-old is holding out for higher wages than the club are willing to offer.

With the transfer window due to close on Tuesday, the club will have to move fast if they are to sell Taylor, but after a young Newcastle side beat Accrington Stanley 3-2 in the Carling Cup, Hughton said he still hoped the matter could be resolved successfully.

Asked if Taylor would be leaving soon, he told Sky Sports: "We hope not. It's very much between Steven's representatives and the club. It was very much a club decision (to put Taylor on the (transfer list) and there's still time to go and I hope it will be resolved.

"His contract talks have broken down between himself, his representatives and the club but that is something we hope can be resolved. He is a very good player and certainly I hope an agreement can be made.

"He is a player that we would certainly like to keep here at the football club. I think there are always going to be things that test us and there will always be other issues, but the important thing is that Steven is a player we would like to see at this football club."

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Steven Taylor on transfer list
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 08:43:10 AM »
No thanks.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Dom07Tottenham

• Hero: Gareth Bale
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 11:53:11 AM »
Any reasons why not, he is of similar quality to Bassong?

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 12:24:36 PM »
Id say take him really. I rate him, + He got the "Pace" Which gareth always moan about :D  :dance: :dance: :dance:

Offline Aosoth

• Hero: Gary Mabutt
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 01:02:18 PM »
I think he gets overpraised.  If he weren't one of their own home grown local lads, the Geordies would have turned on him long ago I think.  He has a serious issue with concentration from the few times I have seen him and that's just something you can't have in central defence.  Also has a tendancy to come over as a bit of a thug.  Remember him forearm smashing someone one time simply because he was frustrated with how the game was going.

I really think that if we do need defensive cover, then he is not it.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 01:06:17 PM »
We have got CL football lads, surly we can get a better CB than Steven Taylor.

Besides, do we really need another CB with the signing of Gallas

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 01:08:52 PM »
surely 1 average-good hugely over-rated, slow, young English CB with overhyped expectations of being an England contender is enough ??.... do we really need another...

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 08:01:24 PM »
Any reasons why not, he is of similar quality to Bassong?

I havent seen Bassong handball off the line and or scoring own goals. Which Taylor has done for Newcastle in the past.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 08:04:57 PM by Southend_Yid »

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2010, 10:27:47 PM »
Yeah Taylor is good but seems to have injury issues. I not suprised we aren't linked with Taylor after Gallas signed. Bassong who in my opinion is better than Taylor. We also have Kaboul so we don't need him now
COYS!