SpursNetwork

Re: Diarra...

Offline Dom07Tottenham

• Hero: Gareth Bale
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Re: Diarra...
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2010, 11:15:27 PM »
Gareth, his genetics pre dates thousands of years back to Africa, if you believe some science we are all from Africa, maybe true Gareth but you will say anything to try and prove a point lol, it is quite possible although, I think you just took it to far, and yes Australia is one of the smallest continents in the world, but the biggest Island.

The continent of Australia is the world's smallest continent at approximately 3 million square miles in area (7.8 million km2), just smaller than Brazil.Australia is an island since it's surrounded by water but it's large enough to be considered a continent.

Wilson Jet WTF, you moron.
...and AUSTRALIANS! How dare they claim an entire continent as their nationality!
Seriously,  the continent of Australia doesn't include or isn't joined to Asia or anywhere else the whole continent is Australian you maroon, it is an Island surrounded by water have you ever seen a globe they don't claim anything, it is by definition the continent of Australia.  However maybe you got confused with the continent of Australasia, includes Asia and Australia as Gareth said.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 11:22:11 PM by Dom07Tottenham »

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2010, 11:41:15 PM »
in defense of my 'great tormentor' WilsonJet, Dominic... I think he was using sarcasm with the 'how dare Aussies claim an entire continent as their nationality' crack...

I personally dont consider just size as being the prime differentiator, as in that case Russia should be considered a continent by itself too.... nor should just 1 country alone... for me Australasia is a continent comprising Australia and the island-nations surrounding eg. NZ, Fiji, Cook Islands etc....

but this whole thread has degenerated into a farce with ppl being far too pedantic at tangential matters to the thread title and desired topic..

Diarra aint coming... end of.

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2010, 12:05:25 AM »
ignorance in United Statesions is very understandable.... I call you that as others dont have the presumption to claim an entire continent as a nationality...

save up for a passport.... theyre nice...

Why so defensive about French jokes?  I even used an HILARIOUS dancing smiley to indicate I was kidding.

Also, we don't claim an entire continent as a nationality.  See, the continent is North America, and we're the United States of America, so it's shortening the name to say "American."  If we claimed the whole continent, we'd call our country North America and ourselves North American.  You know, like BRITISH.  I though you were supposed to have a mastery of language, or something?  Didn't I read that somewhere?
Whatever you do Auburn, don't get upset with Gareth as he is either wilfully spikey or just plain MAD

In small doses he makes me laugh tho'

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2010, 12:42:23 AM »
Thanks Sandroman for clearing that up. Yeah, it was sarcasm. Be sure to read the whole thread before you start slingin' the moron stuff around folks. The Australia / Australasia thing is bizarre to me and Auburn. Maybe it's a cultural thing. Guess I learned something new.

And that's the first concession I've ever seen you make Gareth ol' buddy. I'm proud of us - lol.

My whole thing about the use of the African or Negro to describe a black guy is that its way too PC and just inaccurate in most cases. I live in Atlanta - one of the black cultural epicenters of the world. Here, no one is trying to here that. Sounds like the n-word. And it makes you sound prejudiced even if it wasn't your intention. You calling anyone pedantic is laughable though, Keown.

How about a pic of you and your friend Waheed? I need visual evidence of this great moment in history.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 12:55:57 AM by WilsonJet »
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2010, 10:50:15 AM »
I guess Atlanta is a cool place in the South, being 1 of the few places there African-Americans can actually feel safe AND fairly not discriminated in lol...

as for a pic of me and Waheed together, well those are very rare indeed.... would be worth alot to the 'Enquirer'  :P....

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2010, 02:59:15 PM »
Whats wrong with Depeche Mode ?

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2010, 11:16:13 PM »
*Back to topic*

It seems Diarra is unlike to come to us.

Ive just read that Grant himself says Parker might be joining us!

Offline Dom07Tottenham

• Hero: Gareth Bale
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2010, 05:14:21 AM »
Diarra great addition, but as Harry said he is on 110k or something at Madrid, so they would have to pay for half of his wages at least on loan, permanently can't see it happening he will go somewhere where he can be paid around the same.

Wilsonjet ok fair enough it was sarcasm a very odd example to use, offensive and generalised I get why you used it now to prove a point, to Gareth all good.

Gareth "I personally dont consider just size as being the prime differentiator, as in that case Russia should be considered a continent by itself too.... nor should just 1 country alone... for me Australasia is a continent comprising Australia and the island-nations surrounding eg. NZ, Fiji, Cook Islands etc....Australiasia does include island-nations surrounding eg. NZ, Fiji, Cook Islands etc. Also PNG Asia, etc, but Australia itself also is a continent alone, Australia, and Australiasia are both continents, notice the difference, you pointed this out to wilsonjet. Maybe it is all a bit confusing, as it is an island, and a continent.
What you consider personally doesn't mean #%* all sorry mate, despite your high regard for yourself as a master of all things, the definition's doesn't change because of your personal feelings, you will say absolutely anything to not admit you are wrong,  and go on with such crap, it is truly amazing, thats the whole point about my response to your comments about African Americans. I completely agree with the other part of your comment although, but this whole thread has degenerated into a farce with ppl being far too pedantic at tangential matters to the thread title and desired topic.. You are the prime example of this, taking things on different tangents and being pedantic is you all over, but moving on, as this is mostly counter productive, and turned into a poop slinging match ha ha.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 05:16:50 AM by Dom07Tottenham »

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2010, 12:52:16 PM »
if he was on 110k a week at RM, he'd be a fool to come to Spurs... and I dont think he's that..

just go to training Lass, and put your feet up over Sunday evenings and enjoy the la dolce vita.. :up:

money for nothing and chickens for free.... (something like that anywayz)..

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2010, 01:13:09 PM »
Parker or Diarra....? hmmmmm......

Diarra

EVERY
DAY
OF
THE
WEEK!!!
COYS!

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2010, 07:50:52 PM »
Parker would be a waste of money for Spurs..

if we play 2 in the centre-midfield then T|Hudd and Modric I guess are 1st choice.... then we have Palacios (12m+) Jenas and Sandra (wventually after the Brazil training-camp in Spain).... thats flippin 5 CMs into flippin 2...

what the flippin hell is going on ??

think we best just get Giuseppe Rossi, loan Keano and then call it a days folks.... Defoe, Rossi, Crouch and Pav...

flippin sorted.

Offline AuburnSpur

« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2010, 08:15:53 PM »
Parker would be a waste of money for Spurs..

if we play 2 in the centre-midfield then T|Hudd and Modric I guess are 1st choice.... then we have Palacios (12m+) Jenas and Sandra (wventually after the Brazil training-camp in Spain).... thats flippin 5 CMs into flippin 2...

what the flippin hell is going on ??

think we best just get Giuseppe Rossi, loan Keano and then call it a days folks.... Defoe, Rossi, Crouch and Pav...

flippin sorted.

Defensive Mid should be WAAAAYYYYYY down the list of priorities.