SpursNetwork

Re: Diarra...

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2010, 12:18:45 AM »
so the 'american' ego is now so great as to claim 2 continents for itself and not just 1...

North America.... Central America.... South America...=  AMERICA.

PS - South Africa is also just a country, and not a continent.... just thought I'd let you know... 8D

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2010, 12:29:36 AM »
think he has sickle-cell anaemia which is a common blood-disorder with Africans...

he smells.
Well-well-well, who's the racist now?

Diarra is from Paris and your WebMD description of sickle cell was entirely unnecessary.

ignorance in United Statesions is very understandable.... I call you that as others dont have the presumption to claim an entire continent as a nationality...

save up for a passport.... theyre nice...

That's predudice and it's not the first time. Diarra is a French black man, so how is that any different to label him as an "African" (RiffHard's point)? Do you presume to claim an entire continent to describe his race or nationality?
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2010, 12:38:56 AM »
Wilsonjet..... you disappoint me..

Diarra may well have been born in Paris, but his genetics pre-date that by several thousands of years and originate in Africa.... many Africans have this genetic pre-disposition which is an evolutionary quirk stemming from the need to fight malaria since the dawn of Mankind...

the sickle-cell strain has mostly (but not entirely) been bred out of the Caucasion and Mongoloid races over the centuries/millenia, as malaria wasnt such a factor in survival as people evolved with migration, away from hotter climates where malaria is so prevalent.

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2010, 03:24:11 PM »
Diarra has a blood disorder.  It's why he wasn't available to France for the world cup.

Essentially it has big impacts on his body in certain circumstances, like for example this summer he was physically unable to cope with altitude.
[/quote
Well last time I was at the Lane it wasn't at any great altitude (although my particular seat was) Should be ok at most English grounds although we may have to leave him out for the trip to West Brom (highest league ground in England trivia fans)

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2010, 04:39:38 PM »
Gareth, to label Diarra "African" is borderline racism, and your prejudice toward America is blatant.

Caucasion --> Caucasian

...and AUSTRALIANS! How dare they claim an entire continent as their nationality!
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2010, 05:06:17 PM »
lol you really are a child..

Diarra is genetically speaking an African.... nothing racist about that.

and Australia isnt a continent.... but Australasia is.... can you tell the difference tho ??

Offline Aosoth

• Hero: Gary Mabutt
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2010, 05:07:07 PM »
Well last time I was at the Lane it wasn't at any great altitude (although my particular seat was) Should be ok at most English grounds although we may have to leave him out for the trip to West Brom (highest league ground in England trivia fans)

For shame taimedowne, how did you miss the 3,500 ft peak on Paxton road?  :P
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Offline AuburnSpur

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2010, 05:47:51 PM »

and Australia isnt a continent.... but Australasia is.... can you tell the difference tho ??

Yes, Australia is most certainly a continent.

"A continent is one of several large landmasses on Earth. They are generally identified by convention rather than any strict criteria, with seven regions commonly regarded as continents – they are (from largest in size to smallest): Asia, Africa, North America, South America, Antarctica, Europe, and Australia.[1]"

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2010, 05:55:05 PM »

For shame taimedowne, how did you miss the 3,500 ft peak on Paxton road?  :P
Blimey is that back again ? last time I was there they'd flattened it by repeatedly rolling Danny Baker up and down it.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 05:58:14 PM by taimedowne »

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2010, 02:46:28 AM »

This may be your best post yet. It should be immortalized.

You mentioned the IQ that you're operating AT in another thread. Let's talk about that. I can see that you're a very bright boy, even though you manage to misspell most of your vocabulary words. Don't make the mistake of assuming that everyone in this forum is your intellectual inferior. I have a bachelor's degree in genetics and a master's degree in counseling psychology from Mercer University - no lie. Who cares?

Using your own model (Caucasoid/Mongoloid), the word that you are looking for is "Negroid" or "Negro" - not African. Although, you run the risk of getting  bitch slapped if you use that word. The evolutionary biologist Joseph Graves (from Univ. North Carolina - Greensboro) said that our societal racial stereotypes do not begin to account for the amount of genetic diversity present among the peoples of the world. For example, the word "African" does not accurately describe a black Haitian in any way. Or are we all Africans since the people of the world are widely considered to be "out of Africa"?

Would you like to stop now, or would you like to go on getting owned by a "stupid" Yank day after day? Can you please try to curb the prejudice and general insensitivity?

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2010, 11:03:23 AM »
genetically speaking Diarra is a negro from Africa - nothing racist about that, and as you say the word 'negro' is not literally a derogatory word, but many ignorant ppl think it is which is why I refrained from using it..

the word negro scientifically applied is in the same field as the words caucasian or mongoloid.... they are scientific descriptions, nothing more.

Negros are genetically more prone to have sickle-cell anaremia - thats a proven scientific fact.

if you actually bother to read my entire posts in this thread you'd notice that I'm actually the least racist in my viewpoint compared to others who indirectly are racist with their own patronising attitude to any discussion about negroid homo-sapiens....

and I'm sorry but he does smell... my mate Waheed (a Nigerian negroid human-being) said so.... but then he does hate Ghanaans and Depeche Mode...

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2010, 11:21:11 AM »
genetically speaking Diarra is a negro from Africa - nothing racist about that, and as you say the word 'negro' is not literally a derogatory word, but many ignorant ppl think it is which is why I refrained from using it..
the word negro scientifically applied is in the same field as the words caucasian or mongoloid.... they are scientific descriptions, nothing more.
Negros are genetically more prone to have sickle-cell anaremia - thats a proven scientific fact.
if you actually bother to read my entire posts in this thread you'd notice that I'm actually the least racist in my viewpoint compared to others who indirectly are racist with their own patronising attitude to any discussion about negroid homo-sapiens....
and I'm sorry but he does smell... my mate Waheed (a Nigerian negroid human-being) said so.... but then he does hate Ghanaans and Depeche Mode...     

You are one strange individual gareth. Some me what hes having waitress.:-S

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2010, 12:15:43 PM »

"Ignorant people"? Like black people? You just unintentionally did it again, chief.
I rest my case.

And to the rest of the community I apologize for feeding the troll and getting off topic.
The America hating got under my skin and I let him bait me. I'll give it a rest.

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2010, 03:35:40 PM »
you obviously need the most simple sentence explained to you in detail :-

ignorant ppl - as in you yourself stated that the word 'negro' could lead to a knee-jerk response, hence I too refrained from using it until you brought the word in your good self..

ignorant people does not automatically equate to 'black people' as you so intimated... I however, did no such thing..

still aint coming to Spurs tho' is he ??...

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2010, 10:20:16 PM »
Trollbait said "my friend Waheed is a Negroid".  :2funny:

Classic.

You just keep digging yourself deeper and deeper.