SpursNetwork

Re: Diarra...

Offline AuburnSpur

« on: August 24, 2010, 03:14:18 PM »
Seems like a very good potential acquisition, especially with his ability to play both defensive midfield AND right back.  Likely a stretch unless on loan, though - didn't realize how much Real paid for him: "...on 1 January 2009 for a fee of around €20 million."

Offline Aosoth

• Hero: Gary Mabutt
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 03:33:01 PM »
This is the thing that other (particularly pompey) fans seem to forget in their vitriolic predictions about how Redknapp will take Spurs to the cleaners.  Redknapp signed players for small amounts at Pompey, they were put on high wages by idiotic chairmen and agents hammering out deals and they got games and got better.  When it came time to sell, Portsmouth made a fortune in profit on some of them.

These profits disappear and suddenly it's Redknapp who has destroyed the club financially....it's amazing to wonder where all those transfer fees went when they sold those players for such inflated amounts a lot of them.

(I don't include Kranjcar - at £2.5mil even as a staunch Spurs fan I think we robbed them blind!)
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Offline AuburnSpur

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 03:52:50 PM »
This is the thing that other (particularly pompey) fans seem to forget in their vitriolic predictions about how Redknapp will take Spurs to the cleaners.  Redknapp signed players for small amounts at Pompey, they were put on high wages by idiotic chairmen and agents hammering out deals and they got games and got better.  When it came time to sell, Portsmouth made a fortune in profit on some of them.

These profits disappear and suddenly it's Redknapp who has destroyed the club financially....it's amazing to wonder where all those transfer fees went when they sold those players for such inflated amounts a lot of them.

(I don't include Kranjcar - at £2.5mil even as a staunch Spurs fan I think we robbed them blind!)

No kidding.  Portsmouth paid £5.5mil for him and ONE YEAR LATER sold him to Real for £20mil.  That's a ridiculously good return on investment.

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 05:08:25 PM »
20M euros - but still a huge a profit
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 05:35:16 PM »
Diarra is a great player and I would love to see him here.

In yidjoe's rumour thread it mentioned Diarra having issues....never looked like he has in the past... He was quality at Pompey and I really wanted us to snap him up then. Still young at 25 too. Could be what we need seen as Sgt Wilson form has disappeared understandably since the murder of his little brother.
COYS!

Offline Aosoth

• Hero: Gary Mabutt
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 05:42:01 PM »
Diarra has a blood disorder.  It's why he wasn't available to France for the world cup.

Essentially it has big impacts on his body in certain circumstances, like for example this summer he was physically unable to cope with altitude.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
Re: Re: Diarra...
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 05:51:35 PM »
Blood issues or no he used to play in the Prem didnt he?

The only stumbling block between us and Diarra is that Harry himself said he(Diarra) is on a very high pay. That high wage demand would be a big challenge for us.. i wonder how Levy can convince him to reduce his wage..

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 06:54:50 PM »
think he has sickle-cell anaemia which is a common blood-disorder with Africans... the red-blood cells have mutated from a 'standard' spherical shape to a 'sickle' shape.... this is  actually a positive mutation  for humans living where malaria is prevalent, as it helps fight the virus taking hold... but can lead to less oxygen carried in the blood-cells which will obviously heighten fatigue (especially at high-altitudes where theres less oxygen)... butreally,  the main drawback  about Diarra tho is that...

he smells.

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
Re: Re: Diarra...
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010, 09:25:17 PM »
I donno if ur joking or being serious Gareth. Talking about someone's BO isnt right lol...

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 10:11:01 PM »
think he has sickle-cell anaemia which is a common blood-disorder with Africans... the red-blood cells have mutated from a 'standard' spherical shape to a 'sickle' shape.... this is  actually a positive mutation  for humans living where malaria is prevalent, as it helps fight the virus taking hold... but can lead to less oxygen carried in the blood-cells which will obviously heighten fatigue (especially at high-altitudes where theres less oxygen)... butreally,  the main drawback  about Diarra tho is that...

he smells.
Well-well-well, who's the racist now?

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2010, 10:59:31 PM »
judging from my statement.... nobody..

unless your'e inferring that Diarra smells BECAUSE he's black...

you obviously havent read the many articles of roadies for a chap called Elvis Presley... they didnt call him Smelly Elv for nothing you know...

Smelly Elvis was not black btw...

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2010, 11:10:27 PM »
You just like to stir up some controversy, don't you?

Offline AuburnSpur

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2010, 11:15:03 PM »
judging from my statement.... nobody..

unless your'e inferring that Diarra smells BECAUSE he's black...

you obviously havent read the many articles of roadies for a chap called Elvis Presley... they didnt call him Smelly Elv for nothing you know...

Smelly Elvis was not black btw...

I assumed he meant he smelled because he was French.   :dance:

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2010, 11:22:41 PM »
ignorance in United Statesions is very understandable.... I call you that as others dont have the presumption to claim an entire continent as a nationality...

save up for a passport.... theyre nice...

Offline AuburnSpur

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2010, 12:10:59 AM »
ignorance in United Statesions is very understandable.... I call you that as others dont have the presumption to claim an entire continent as a nationality...

save up for a passport.... theyre nice...

Why so defensive about French jokes?  I even used an HILARIOUS dancing smiley to indicate I was kidding.

Also, we don't claim an entire continent as a nationality.  See, the continent is North America, and we're the United States of America, so it's shortening the name to say "American."  If we claimed the whole continent, we'd call our country North America and ourselves North American.  You know, like BRITISH.  I though you were supposed to have a mastery of language, or something?  Didn't I read that somewhere?