SpursNetwork

Is it time to change to the 4-5-1 / 4-3-3

Offline zipple83

• Season Ticket: Yes
Is it time to change to the 4-5-1 / 4-3-3
« on: August 24, 2010, 02:28:34 PM »
Ok first post here.

A simple question though, is it now time we changed formation to 4-5-1 or 4-3-3?

At this current time I don't think we have the players to do it, although I don't rule out that may change come the close of the transfer window.

What I do think it that it is totally necessary in order for us to progress away from home in Europe and the league.

Opinions?

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Is it time to change to the 4-5-1 / 4-3-3
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 03:00:16 PM »
Our striking options mean that at the moment we should play with two strikers. To play with one striker you'd really need a complete forward. Although all good players, none of our strikers ticks all the boxes for the complete forward - Defoe and Keane are too short etc...

Offline zipple83

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 03:14:52 PM »
I couldn't agree more, I don't think any of them would be particularly adept on there own.

Which is why I think we are crying out for top centre forward signing.

I think our European adventure is going to struggle to get off the ground with 4-4-2

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 03:54:40 PM »
For a long time we have played big one little one, Berbatov is the only striker we have had recently who was capable of playing as a lone striker. It would be good if we got another one like that as we certainly have the midfield players to play 4-5-1 in fact we could well be devastating in that system, if only we could find the right guy to be the 1.

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
  • Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 08:43:45 PM »
Well if the report about Fabiano ar true, then he could do a job upfront on his own, but i stil think that 4-4-2 work.

BTW welcome to the forum mate  :up:
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 09:03:20 PM »
Welcome to the site fella.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 08:38:48 AM »
Welcome to the site. The strikers that we have, i think its more effective for us to play 4-4-2. I don;t think we have a target man, i think they all play better with a striker partner.

If we get Fabiano like Joe said, then i think we can start thinking of the option of 4-3-3

Offline zipple83

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 09:13:10 AM »
Thanks for the welcomes guys.

I must admit whilst watching the Sevilla game, I was hoping they would go out. I thought then there might be a small chance that we would bid for Fabiano. I think Sevilla could be swayed with a reasonable bid given the financial problems they are struggling with at the moment.

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2010, 10:59:35 AM »
Mornin spurs fans! my first post too  :) 

I would have really liked to see edin dzeko up top at the lane.. good lookin striker for us, hold it well good in the air, and scores all sorts of goals..
But.. im quite proud that we play 4-4-2 and have a go at playin footy even away from home against everyone, its the only way spurs have ever played!
 its made for some ups and downs but weve got the balls to go and play! 

Lookin forward to a few more goals today!  COYS!!

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2010, 11:01:22 AM »
I believe we need to play 4 - 5 - 1 away from home, in champions league and when ever any team tries to park the bus.

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2010, 01:30:00 PM »
Hey there guys, just joined the forum so thought I would add my piece. Especially seeing as we have now signed VDV!

I thought before that 451/433 wouldnt really work. Having said that, watching the England game the other night, we played kinda a mix between 442 and 433 cos Rooney dropped back a lot and played in the hole. I think that role could be filled by VDV for Spurs - Defoe still looked threatening as the 'out and out' striker as long as hes not completely isolated (i.e. support gets to him FAST).