• Season Ticket: Yes
Benoit the benevolent
« on: August 16, 2010, 04:41:07 PM »

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Benoit the benevolent
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 04:53:44 PM »
It's strange whenever other pros talk about assou-ekotto they always say he doesn't take it seriously or treats it like a job. To my mind in the last couple of years he has grown as a player and with this article it shows he has grown as a man too. I hope more players from all clubs follow his example. Footballers have a bad reputation it's stories like this that can tip the balance back in their favour slightly. 

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 05:00:11 PM »
dont it make a change to hear a real footballer sometimes

10/10

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 05:28:01 PM »
thats quite an eye opener, Ekotto was the last person i expected to be like that.

fair play to him though, like Perse said... gone up even more in my estimation

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 05:34:07 PM »
he always was a special talent.... which will always be the by-product of a superior mind..

what he says about football is actually spot on, and he had the cajones to state it publically:-

Football is an occupation...... if you are not a life-long fan of a club, why should you be 'loyal' beyond the terms of your contract ??

there are more important things in Life than seeing who wins kicking a piece of leather around a field..

medals are only as important as the importance YOU attach to them..... financial-security from a fragile and short playing career is worth far far more....

c'est magnifique Benoit.....
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 05:35:46 PM by Gareth Keown »

Offline Colspur66

• Hero: Glen Hoddle
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 06:12:51 PM »
I've always been a fan of Benny's. I find his honesty and his veiws of the modern day footballer very refreshing. In my opinion he is also the best left back in the premier league with maybe the exception of Evra or Cole.

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 07:10:17 PM »
A great read. It really seems that Benoit is a very humble man and I can see why other players consider himself to be weird, outsider etc. There is probably nothing in life I appreciate more than honesty. I actually like the fact that he considers football to be his job. Fair enough.  :up:
People who consider being a footballer as a dream job should actually think again. Despite the fact the players get lavishly paid, it is not a dream job, not even close. Believe me.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 07:12:15 PM by RiffHard »

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 07:21:28 PM »
Read this article earlier, Bennys one of my favourite at the club at the moment, real genuine guy and a class act, great player and verynice to hear he is giving back to the community.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 08:02:07 PM »
I like hes hair  :D

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 04:00:04 PM »
Good player and a good man we have right here in Benny!
COYS!

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2010, 09:39:59 AM »
I've always said it this guy is a class act. I think his composure can sometimes be mistaken for disinterest, nonchalance etc but he is definitely one of the best in his postition in the EPL. A very valuable player.

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2010, 01:44:31 PM »
He's also strong for his size, i expect him to get barged out the way or knocked off the ball, but he has shown good strength defending down our left side. Woks well with Bale and Modders on the left.
COYS!

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2010, 03:10:09 PM »
BAE still needs to take less risk with his fancy moves at times.... a few times they nearly didnt come off against Citeh and the guy wudda been clean thru and bearing down to cross into dangerous positions...

they didnt come off against YBs 3 days later, and we got away with it..

keep doing what your doing generally BAE.... but adjust down the risk-factor by maybe 10-20%... when you do youre the best in the Prem...

Offline Dom07Tottenham

• Hero: Gareth Bale
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2010, 03:26:40 AM »

Wow a few of you are in love with him, lol, sounds like a few man crushes there,  ha ha, but I guess I love Bale so.....  I believe BAE has come on leaps and bounds both as a footballer and a person, but best LB in the prem, subjectively I would definitely have to disagree, I believe at times he can be a bit of a liability at the back, first half v Young Boys showed us glimpses of that, he is mostly solid but like Dawson has moments where he looks quite shaky at the back, King is about the only one that inspires confidence at the back, he is there to mop up Dawson, BAE and Palacios's mistakes.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 03:28:55 AM by Dom07Tottenham »

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2010, 06:20:23 AM »
I loved him ever since he started playing regularly on the left side! Cant see him going anywhere and he is great at defending. Helps Bale really well too!

Was shocked he admitted being a merc but if this  so called MERC helps the poor like this and live a normal life! HECK!!! To hell with prima-donna's this guy is the best role model!

oh btw~~

He is the only Successful Commoli signing!