Arry NOT looking for City rejects

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Arry NOT looking for City rejects
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2010, 11:41:32 AM »
I kind of find myself with mixed thoughts about Gio. Yes he can play and could be an awesome player for Spurs but in the other hand, I wouldn't put him ahead of anyone in our starting midfield of striker slots. So therefore he may have to settle for a bit part season on the fringes. Will he settle for that, and will it do him any good....?

Totally agree with you about Gio but maybe dangling a carrot with only the odd game here and there and making him fight for a place may bring the best out of him !!!!!

??? ??? ??? ??? ???
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2010, 12:18:08 PM »
Dom07..... there is absolutely nil chance of Spurs getting Ozil now.... it would be easier if he had a longer contract, and here's why..

if you were Ozil and could start negotiating a free-transfer in just 6 months time with the cream of world-fotball eg. R.Madrid, Man Utd, Chelsea (yes, that does stick in my throat but being realistic) who will guarantee you title and CL contention every season as welll as at least twice what Spurs could offer you... why oh why would you choose Spurs ??

even if Bremen accept a bid from us thats the top bid now, theres no way that Ozil will agree to join.... what would be the point for him to do so ??.... it would be like choosing a BigMac over a steak-dinner in both wages, honours-contention and  Media profile/glamour..

not a cat in hell's.

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2010, 01:53:33 PM »
I'm sure Harry already knows who he's getting, he's just waiting till nearer deadline day! Just not Bellamy I hope, he'd be bad for team spirit.

Offline Dom07Tottenham

• Hero: Gareth Bale
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2010, 03:44:14 PM »

The only players Harry has confirmed we are after is Bellamy, Pletikosa, and Parker, he likes Fabiano and Forlan, but can't see a deal happening for either, I just hope he is keeping the real targets close to his chest as the first 3 aren't really that appealing.

Remy and Demebele are a couple of strikers that are available, I'd much rather Remy, Dembele doesn't have the greatest record but still is a decent player, the both have potential however I don't think they would be a huge improvement on the current strikeforce we have.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2010, 04:47:01 PM »
Remy and Demebele are a couple of strikers that are available, I'd much rather Remy, Dembele doesn't have the greatest record but still is a decent player, the both have potential however I don't think they would be a huge improvement on the current strikeforce we have.

Why are we obsessed with lets get this player that player cos their availble.

Do Remy or Demebele give us anything more than we already have, are they proven World Class or even better than our current options................I don't think so !!!!!

Be realistic we are not gonna sign a player just because they are available we only need 2 or 3 players max so stop linking us with every Tom, d**k and Harry it's getting really boring.

'Arry obviously has targets in mind and will do what he can to sign them leave it at that !!!!

>:(
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2010, 06:06:48 PM »
ofcourse Arry has targets, but it doesnt automatically follow that they are certs to join..

Bellamy is desperately wanted by Arry, as he is a quality player with the playing attributes we need, but more importantly Arry sees him as a vocal leader in the dressing room - something Arry thinks we lack (thats why he went for the averagely talented Parker, thank God that failed tho)..

Tall with pace.... good at linking up..... intl/CL experienced............. those are the attributes Arry will look for in the striker to come in..... and no, I dont incl. Bellamy in this position as he will be a RM or support striker in the Keano-mould if he comes..

but the way Dos Santos is going lately, we may not need to buy another wide-middie / support-striker....

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2010, 01:39:19 AM »
How much more experience do you need for F!*ks sake we have 2 England International Strikers, the Captain of Eire and a Russian International striker  that between them have 220+ caps and 91 goals if that ain't experience then I'm sorry I'm at a bit of a loss as too what we are looking for !!!

Why buy unless we can improve on that, Bellamy would compliment our attack and give us more options What we are asking for is Lionel Messi, Christiano Ronaldo or Diego Milito and to be fair that just ain't gonna happen this season. Oh I forgot we need a top quality midfielder too supply the balls and assists too maybe KaKa or Wesley Sniejder.

We have got to work within our means and get who we can do as well as we can and qualify again and again for the Champs League then we can start dreaming. players are not going to come just cos we made it once. We have a squad that I believe is capable of doing well and with a few sensible additions and some hard work can improve again over the coming season. The ones that are old enough too remember Mr Sugar will remember his famous Carlos Kick A Ball phrase he used about Klinnsmann lets not go down that route again !!!!!

:tickedoff:
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 01:43:09 AM by ugs »

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2010, 07:58:14 AM »
How much more experience do you need for F!*ks sake we have 2 England International Strikers, the Captain of Eire and a Russian International striker  that between them have 220+ caps and 91 goals if that ain't experience then I'm sorry I'm at a bit of a loss as too what we are looking for !!!

Why buy unless we can improve on that, Bellamy would compliment our attack and give us more options What we are asking for is Lionel Messi, Christiano Ronaldo or Diego Milito and to be fair that just ain't gonna happen this season. Oh I forgot we need a top quality midfielder too supply the balls and assists too maybe KaKa or Wesley Sniejder.

We have got to work within our means and get who we can do as well as we can and qualify again and again for the Champs League then we can start dreaming. players are not going to come just cos we made it once. We have a squad that I believe is capable of doing well and with a few sensible additions and some hard work can improve again over the coming season. The ones that are old enough too remember Mr Sugar will remember his famous Carlos Kick A Ball phrase he used about Klinnsmann lets not go down that route again !!!!!

:tickedoff:
Exactly!

Offline Dom07Tottenham

« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2010, 02:21:38 PM »
The tabloids had linked us to Remy, and Birmingham are after Dembele, Remy is a good player, I'm not linking us with every Tom d**k and Harry but just discussing the options out of who is available and mentioned by the tabloids without them I don't know who is available so I can't really discuss anyone else, would you rather I discuss players that aren't available, it is a discussion board after all, you don't have to read my posts, but there is so little activity posting is more frequent when nothing happens.

They are both players in the mould that we need tall, strong, pacey, I am getting frustrated also at being linked to every player is available, but we should still discuss when there are good players available, we haven't strengthened increases the frustrations, recent comments from Harry share my concerns.

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp has expressed his frustration at having to endure a quiet period of summer transfer activity.

Redknapp told the Sunday Mirror: "We are nowhere near at the moment.

"We could do with more experience in the squad and I know the two or three players I want.

"Those players could make the difference and they are not expensive -  we need them to push on and keep improving.

"We are not going to win the Premier League as it stands, but we have a  chance if we get the players I'm after."

We might not need any new strikers with Keane and Dos Santos playing well, Pav is in decent form also.

Redknapp was speaking after his team continued their pre-season  preparations with a 3-2 win over Fiorentina at White Hart Lane on  Saturday.

Roman Pavlyuchenko  found the net while Robbie Keane netted a brace to seal the win, but  midfielder Giovani dos Santos is the man that has stood out over  pre-season.

And Redknapp says the Mexican can become a key part of his plans after  enduring a difficult time since his move to the Londoners.

He added: "Giovani has got outstanding ability and we've got a good prospect for the future.

"He has got to dedicate himself and show he can do it every week, but he is knuckling down."

« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 02:30:09 PM by Dom07Tottenham »

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2010, 02:41:01 PM »
Loic Remy or Huntelaar is the type of striker that would compliment what we have - we need a tall, fairly pacy striker who can link well with a little guy eg. Defoe.

Experience is important too, and also the right blend of characters that determine the atmosphere and team-spirit of any work-environment, this is extremely important too.

I think Arry feels trhat our dressing-room has too many introverts and lacking in leadership somewhat. Ledley is a good leader but we also need characters that are more the life-n-soul to really bring everyone together. Thats the main reason that Arry wants Bellamy for, as I also think that, despite his well-documented adventures, he is at heart a genuine honest, mentally-strong character that has a fiery passion for football, deligence and hard-work, and can bring us another dimension both on/off the pitch -
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 02:43:40 PM by Gareth Keown »

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2010, 02:56:13 PM »
If 'Arry was about to sign on the dotted line he'd still say we are miles away, I think it's clear 'Arry is after Bellamy, Richards and one other who I think is probably Parker. We get linked with everyone and players that Birmingham are sniffing round are not really gonna be of the quality that we require !!!!

Like I keep saying only if the players coming in are better or add to the blend and as Gareth has stated the 3 I mentioned are leaders on the pitch and not afraid to say what they think, it is frustrating at the mo but by keep throwing random names into the ring only makes it worse.

I'm sure that when the time is right 'Arry will make his move and put us all out of our misery !!!!!!

???

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2010, 03:11:11 PM »
personally, I really hope Parker doesnt come.

whilst Bellamy is a fiery and passionate character he strikes me as someone who can be 1 of the lads as well and has leadership qualities without the arrogance - Parker strikes me as quite arrogant and more aloof with his peers, and will not gel so well with our current players..

really don't think that (1) Richards will leave Citeh or (2) that Mancini will sell to Spurs..... Bellamy will go, but again, Mancini will rather give him away to someone like Fulham rather than sell for even 15m to Spurs..

on the plus points: Dos Santos seems to be coming good, and if Keano can regain his confidence and peer-respect, he could help supply the leadership on/off pitch needed..

remember, it aint about how good individual players are......... its about the blend within the team for any given match..
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 03:13:17 PM by Gareth Keown »

« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2010, 01:11:41 AM »
Kyle walker is beginning to look quite good as back up to Kaboul who is in the RB seat

So no Micah thank you I watched all city friendllies and he is no better than what we have got

Corluka is a laibility

Bellamy is a seasoned speedy, classy left wing and has CL experience, he is also a trouble-maker

You pay your money and you take your choice

Offline Dom07Tottenham

« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2010, 03:59:41 AM »
Harry hasn't confirmed the 3 mystery men he is after, he doesn't want to show his cards to appease us, rightfully so, no point on him commenting particularly if negotations are ongoing and delicate, which I hope they are, there is not that long left this window, and not long for new players to gel before the season opener and our crucial CL qualifier.

As Ugs said I agree and believe it is Bellamy, Richards, and Parker, all players previously Harry has mentioned before, and admitted negotiations with W Ham over Parker, Harry believes they will make us title contenders, but really is it them, lets just hope Harry's mystery 3 are better than these guys, they are good experienced players, I would be happy if we got Richards if he is the one to provide backup and competition for CB, but do these 3 genuinely improve our squad? Ibelieve  we are getting similar players but not superior to what we have. That is the big question, and I'm not totally convinced, I would rather Huddlestone and Palacios over Parker, Bellamy is similar to Defoe and Keane, crafty but wit more pace, with Richards I think we need a backup for Bassong, King and Dawson, so if he is not a huge improvement we can afford to get someone of similar quality, although I would still hope for an upgrade. Obviously Harry knows better so lets they are the players we need and he is crying out for them, I think a plea to Levy and showing his frustration at a difficult window. If it isn't them then we can only speculate about who it is, but they are the 3 that appear to be his targets.

I haven't mentioned any random names, what do I pick them out of a hat, no I just mentioned two players that are available and in the mould that we need, omg how unforgivable have a whinge, would you rather we talk to death Parker, Bellamy and Richards. Its a discussion board if you don't have anything new how do you stimulate discussion, or is this a new concept for you, I was hoping it is someone different to the aforementioned 3, what can't we talk about anyone else. Anyways moving on before it gets petty.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 04:15:51 AM by Dom07Tottenham »

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2010, 07:58:02 PM »
I've always said that we are in the market for a 6-footer with some pace, who can link well as well as score goals.... Carlton Cole, Huntelaar or Loic Remy......looks like Remy is gonna be the guy now from Press-reports today..

Arry really needs to learn 1 thing.... Citeh WILL NOT SELL either Bellamy or Richards to the team that knifed them in the guts just 3 months ago, and also the team that will be a b9ig rival to Citeh for the next 3-4 yrs at least... they would rather mothball or give the players away to lesser clubs, as they can afford to stick 20m on the bonfire if it means they have a better chance of Top4..... understand this Arry and move on..

if Dos Santos is retained, he may be the backup wide-middie / 2nd striker we want Belllamy to be..... keep Gio move on from Bellamy..

keep Keano for squad experience, leadership as well as playing ability..... sell Crouch if we get pacy targetman in.

get decent experienced CB to challenge Dawson and/or backup for King....... swap-deal with Bentley for C.Davies

backup GK for 2m approx.... easy enough to sort out.

that's about all the new blood we need.