SpursNetwork

Keano

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
  • Hero: David Ginola
  • Season Ticket: No
Keano
« on: July 23, 2010, 08:46:45 AM »
There's talk left right and centre about him leaving. My first question is do you think we should sell him, and do you want to sell him. Secondly do you think he wants to go. Lets not forget he has been a great servant for the club and still gets goals. I think that the loan spell at Celtic did him the world of good and he will come back having spent 6 months playing first team footy and scoring goals, so hopefully we will have the old Keano back. BTW did anyone see the interview he gave yesterday after the Red Bull game, as soon as the interviewer asked him about his future, he stormed off, it was hilarious. If anyone can find and post the vid it'd be much appreciated.
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
Re: Keano
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 08:56:21 AM »
ever since keane left for liverpool i have never felt the same about him..

TBH i don't think it swill effect us much if he does leave.

But i think, only selling him if we have another player coming for certain

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 10:00:59 AM »
As this has been debated a lot recently, I'd just point out that I would like him to stay.

Offline Lowestoft Yid

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 04:01:03 PM »
I'd like him to stay, but i think he's only a good squad player for us now so if he was to leave i wouldn't be to upset.
   We should be trying to get some big names into the club but we don't seem to be doing much so far :( , But in Harry i trust  :up:
 :coys:

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 06:51:09 PM »
had a good preseason.  if he has a bit of the hunger back it would be like a new signing.  I'll forgive him the liverpool thing pretty darn quickly if he starts banging in the goals!

Offline AuburnSpur

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 10:03:10 PM »
had a good preseason.  if he has a bit of the hunger back it would be like a new signing.  I'll forgive him the liverpool thing pretty darn quickly if he starts banging in the goals!

Has he had a good preseason, though?  I realize "scoreboard" matters, but he seems to kill as many - or more - opportunities as he gets due to being always on the edge of offsides.  It gets him goals on occasion, but I don't see a lot of ability to get open any other way for him.  With so much quality behind him, I'd hate to see run after run by Bale, Gio, et al wasted because Keane's giving the linesman's arm a workout.

Thoughts?

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 12:11:36 AM »
Robbie Keane has been an excellent servant to the Club and paid us back several times over for his transfer fee's. Now I believe its up to Robbie to decide wether he wants to stay and be a bit part player and cover for Defoe, Crouch and Pav or move on to another less competitive squad. If he is willing to fight for his place and start the season as cover then who knows, he is 30 now and still a quality player but I feel the Liverpool move took something out of him, maybe shattered his confidence and he needs to find what is missing again. If he can find that lost spark then we have another top quality striker and very useful squad member, but if he decides to go then I wouldn't hold it against him.

:)
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 09:13:56 AM »
I think he did have a good pre-season, he did his job (score goals). If he keeps that up then I think we'll all or most of us will be happy.

Yes the Liverpool move was a bit of a fiasco but I think that is all behind Robbie now. He has a son now as well and I strongly believe he has fallen back in love with the game once again. He's a top player and a top striker in this league, he's been around long enough to know when its not going your way you need to get your head down and that's exactly what Keano's done this pre-season.

Fair play to the man
COYS!

Offline Dom07Tottenham

• Hero: Gareth Bale
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2010, 04:06:44 PM »
 agree with Dmorsley If he starts netting a few goals, everyone will forgive him very quickly, I do believe he has got his hunger back.
I think if we can't bring in another quality striker, then he should stay, (as every day passes I am more doubtful that we will get anyone strikers in, although interesting to see over the next week or so if we make a move for Remy or Gervinho after having a look at them, after failing to get Bellamy and Harry confirmed we were not after Young, as Villa don't want to sell. Also await to see how that young Hundurans trial goes, that being said I doubt he will see allot of first team if he signs), I much prefer Keane over players like Gudjohnsen, sending him out an loan has got his confidence back and he looks more clinical, last season he always managed to find the keeper when he should have scored, this pre-season he is finding the net.

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2010, 09:57:02 AM »
More confident in front of goal now
COYS!

Offline ady88s

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 09:00:50 PM »
I would definitly keep hold of Keano. Unlike Defoe, he's pretty consistant and he's got more to his game. Defoe has no where near lived up to his potential at club or international level. Maybe he's just never settled at Spurs but he's never been an automatic choice for England, despite all his potential.  And we'd get more money for Defoe. Course I'd get rid of Pav before Defoe...