SpursNetwork

Will we see Woodgate again?

Offline Aosoth

• Hero: Gary Mabutt
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Will we see Woodgate again?
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2010, 11:55:07 PM »
I just can't settle on 1 favourite Woodgate moment - there have been so many dozens to choose from over the 5 games he's played for us..

He's played 64 times for Spurs and scored 3 goals including the winner in the league cup final.  Not bad over 2 and a half seasons for an injury ridden player...in fact over 2008-2009 he played in 44 games. 

It's very obvious that you don't like him, we get it, but some of us can see the value and will thank him not least for his part in winning our first trophy for 10-odd years.  No-one asks for their career to be ended if that's the way it looks.

Once again admins, I call "troll".  Some of Gareth's posts go far beyond 'banter' and seem specifically designed to be more than contraversial...it's baiting.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2010, 12:06:56 AM »
yeah but personally, the dozens of memorable incidents of Mr Stripes on Spurs duty all occurred over those said 5 games... now how is that possibly baiting ??....

you reallly must toughen up.... Football discussion is a man's game you know...

Offline Dom07Tottenham

• Hero: Gareth Bale
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2010, 04:32:19 AM »

Auburnspur lol fair enough, was just having a dig, couldn't help it, I'm sure you could tell I wasn't serious as was just having fun with it, ok, all good, I had my two cents I'm happy ha ha. I thought the question was a poll to see who thought he would retire etc, ever play again, so maybe I'm lost.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 04:34:33 AM by Dom07Tottenham »

Offline AuburnSpur

« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2010, 02:48:43 PM »

Auburnspur lol fair enough, was just having a dig, couldn't help it, I'm sure you could tell I wasn't serious as was just having fun with it, ok, all good, I had my two cents I'm happy ha ha. I thought the question was a poll to see who thought he would retire etc, ever play again, so maybe I'm lost.

No blood no foul, right?   ;)

FYI - just noticed the end of your previous post regarding removing formatting.  I didn't remove anything, so not sure why it didn't look the way you'd expect.  Maybe IE8 smooths that out or something.

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2010, 03:13:20 PM »
I just can't settle on 1 favourite Woodgate moment - there have been so many dozens to choose from over the 5 games he's played for us..
Actually Sky Sports news did a piece on Woodgate yesterday and the surprising stat was that he has played in 57% of games since he arrived. He's been out so long that seems unlikely but he played a whole season injury free when he 1st arrived.

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2010, 07:17:18 PM »
Actually Sky Sports news did a piece on Woodgate yesterday and the surprising stat was that he has played in 57% of games since he arrived. He's been out so long that seems unlikely but he played a whole season injury free when he 1st arrived.

Woody was awesome in that full season he played. Such a shame IF he cant get back  :'(
COYS!

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2010, 09:14:59 AM »
Woody is a great player, since he was at Leeds, going to be gutted for him if he cant recover which looks more unlikely.

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2010, 04:48:09 PM »
in all honesty, I hope he never puts on a Spurs shirt again... we have moved on now...

good but quite over-rated CB who spent half his career on the treatment-table and combing his hair...

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2010, 10:11:19 AM »
In your opinion Gareth...
COYS!

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2010, 02:47:09 PM »
in all honesty, I hope he never puts on a Spurs shirt again... we have moved on now...

good but quite over-rated CB who spent half his career on the treatment-table and combing his hair...

Real Madrid don't sign you for £13.4 million if your over rated, once again all you do is spout sh1t to make yourself centre of attention !!

:dance:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2010, 12:59:02 PM »
Real Madrid spending silly money on pretty-boys with nice hair ??..... would never happen..

Woodgate for Overlord of the Universe !!