SpursNetwork

17mill for 2 Croatian Kids

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
  • Season Ticket: No
17mill for 2 Croatian Kids
« on: July 01, 2013, 07:46:32 AM »
Seems we have money to spend on the usual youth which are touted as starlets.

If reports are accurate we have all but done the deal for 2 kids for 17mill.

I am all for investing in the future but when we have our own youth academy and in need a key signings for the first team now to show our intent, IMO this money could have been better spent.
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
Re: 17mill for 2 Croatian Kids
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 08:09:03 AM »

I am all for investing in the future but when we have our own youth academy and in need a key signings for the first team now to show our intent, IMO this money could have been better spent.

Agreed, unless this is in addition to the 4 quality players that we need immediately.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 04:12:34 PM »

No reports are accurate until they are officially announced. But I do share you concerns. If all the speculations were true then we are in for a season like no other (at least in the modern era). Also young doesn’t mean lacking in experience. But let us wait and see and hope.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 07:29:14 AM »

No reports are accurate until they are officially announced. But I do share you concerns. If all the speculations were true then we are in for a season like no other (at least in the modern era). Also young doesn’t mean lacking in experience. But let us wait and see and hope.

I agree things are looking really encouraging if it all comes off, one thing I would say is that we have handled things much differently so far regards speculation about our players, plus trying to sew up deals early on to bring in new players that we need. Fingers crossed !!

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 05:10:15 PM »

I think that is a combination of AVB and the new supporting director. I've got my fingers crossed.

I agree things are looking really encouraging if it all comes off, one thing I would say is that we have handled things much differently so far regards speculation about our players, plus trying to sew up deals early on to bring in new players that we need. Fingers crossed !!
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.