SpursNetwork

2012/13 what league position do you believe we will end up?

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: 2012/13 what league position do you believe we will end up?
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2013, 12:13:37 PM »
I think we have a chance of 4th, but definitely no higher. The sad thing is though that I think that our final league position will have more to do with the oppositions form than our own. I think we will do enough to be there or thereabouts. But I think it will all depend on Ars*nal, if they carry on with their poor and inconsistent form then we may be fortunate enough to end up with CL. However, they have a track record for pulling it together and getting their form back. In which case we will only have ourselves to blame for that! (or should I say Levy?) If this happens this year, I think there will be a big reaction from the fans.

All in all, we have kind of gone with Levy in his change of manager, we have slowly warmed to AVB, but if we do not do it this year, then big questions need to be asked and more importantly answered by LEVY and the top bods!

I think you could be right over 4th spot. But a bit of wishful thinking doesn't go amiss. :up: :dance:
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2013, 12:14:35 PM »
We are just over half-way through the league season. I predict that we will finish 3rd or 4th. What is your prediction?

I love your optimism, however My levy's failure once again to strengthen up front will mean the following.

Man Utd
Man City
Chelsea
Ars*nal
Liverpool
Spurs
Everton

I would say that was more wishful thinking. Then you can start the get AVB out campaign (or restart it).

Actually I think Mr Bs attention will be solely focused on Levy, not AVB. Am I right Mr B?

OK, not just AVB but both then. :D
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2013, 12:21:35 PM »
I think everyones attention will and should be focused on Mr Levy, not AVB , we can hardly blame AVB for the Chairman not supporting him, can we?

:nope: :nope: :nope:
:SN:[font

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2013, 12:27:19 PM »
I think everyones attention will and should be focused on Mr Levy, not AVB , we can hardly blame AVB for the Chairman not supporting him, can we?

What makes you think that the chairman doesn't support his manager? He tried to get some strikers but that fell through. According to AVB he is happy with his squad. I haven't read or heard anything to say that Mr Levy is not supporting his manager. Levy knows that by getting in the top 4 will mean more money; so it is in his and the clubs interest to work with the manager. There is no foundation for your comments.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2013, 12:58:01 PM »
4th place is going to be hell of a scrap, we have had the chance to put some space between us and teh pack but recent draws have ensured this hasnt happened.

In THFC fine tradition we never make it easy on ourselves, like last season results went our way and a win at villa i think would have secured us third but we only managed a draw.

I am not going to predict until after the next 3 games as I am not sure at all, want to see how we bounce back against West Brom which will be a tough match after recent draws in the league (due to not putting away chances) and the defeat to Leeds
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2013, 01:02:13 PM »
4th place is going to be hell of a scrap, we have had the chance to put some space between us and teh pack but recent draws have ensured this hasnt happened.

In THFC fine tradition we never make it easy on ourselves, like last season results went our way and a win at villa i think would have secured us third but we only managed a draw.

I am not going to predict until after the next 3 games as I am not sure at all, want to see how we bounce back against West Brom which will be a tough match after recent draws in the league (due to not putting away chances) and the defeat to Leeds

Where we've been lucky as well is that other clubs (like Ars*nal, Chelsea etc) have fallen or drawn at certain hurdles. Man City and Utd will take 1st and 2nd but 3rd and 4th spot is still up for grabs.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2013, 02:49:50 PM »

What makes you think that the chairman doesn't support his manager? He tried to get some strikers but that fell through. According to AVB he is happy with his squad. I haven't read or heard anything to say that Mr Levy is not supporting his manager. Levy knows that by getting in the top 4 will mean more money; so it is in his and the clubs interest to work with the manager. There is no foundation for your comments.

As the great little green man once said. 'do or do not, there is no try'

There is no argument saying that we tried to sign a striker but it fell through. If they wanted to get someone in they had a whole month to do it in.
Maybe next year...

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2013, 03:00:07 PM »
      Levy made a couple of half arsed attempts to sign strikers too late, he has had 31 days to sign a striker and he leaves it until the last day, why not try earlier and give yourself time to negotiate a deal, he does it every time, sometimes it comes off this time it didn't and it could well cost us, AVB isn't going to say anything else is he, Levy is his employer.

>:( >:(

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2013, 03:07:38 PM »
     Even a blind man can see that the chairman isn't giving his coach support.
     Judging by a lot of the comments it would appear that quite a few of the regular posters are somewhat unhappy with Mr Levy and his transfer dealings or should I say lack of transfer dealings this window!!

:nods: :nods: :nods:
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 03:10:15 PM by Paul Finch »

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2013, 07:57:33 PM »
     Judging by a lot of the comments it would appear that quite a few of the regular posters are somewhat unhappy with Mr Levy and his transfer dealings or should I say lack of transfer dealings this window!!

Yeap very much so, the lack of ambition shown in the window and the last day attempts to sign a striker have really pissed me off, AVB is up to the job but now without the much needed striker his job is much harder to achieve the vital CL spot which is so so critical this season.
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2013, 11:01:54 AM »

There we go again, another "Spurs can't do anything wrong" thread.

Of course AVB is going to say that, do you really think he is going to stand up in public and say that the chairman has let him down ?

It has always been obvious from where I am standing that the reason Arry was sacked is because of a poor relationship with Levy. Arry wanted to go the extra mile, and levy wouldn't support him. Believe me, the same will happen with AVB.

This club will never move on whilst Levy is in charge. However due to the fact he is Lewis's son in law, I can't see him being sacked in a hurry.
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2013, 11:19:02 AM »
Oh Bald One,
        How right you are, but, there are still some among us that think Mr Levy is "The Great Saviour of Tottenham Hotspur FC" and will not have a word said against him, but, Dare I say it, I think the anti-Levy numbers amongst us on this site are growing, probably due to his lack of "TO DARE IS TO DO" in the last Transfer Window.

:nods: :nods:

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2013, 05:50:56 PM »
      Levy made a couple of half arsed attempts to sign strikers too late, he has had 31 days to sign a striker and he leaves it until the last day, why not try earlier and give yourself time to negotiate a deal, he does it every time, sometimes it comes off this time it didn't and it could well cost us, AVB isn't going to say anything else is he, Levy is his employer.

>:( >:(

The trouble is people make these statements but we don't know actually what he did or didn't do. We don't know how long he was tracking or when he made contact. There has been a lot of paper speculation but no hard facts.

There is a lot going on behind the scenes that we will never know. Until we know the fact we must always give the benefit of doubt.

The other thing is that we don't want any old player/ striker but a competent one.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2013, 05:52:50 PM »

As the great little green man once said. 'do or do not, there is no try'

There is no argument saying that we tried to sign a striker but it fell through. If they wanted to get someone in they had a whole month to do it in.

As I said in the previous post; we don't know when or how Spurs have approached the situation. You could be right but there are not facts to support your speculation.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2013, 06:13:07 PM »
No, the only people who can see the “chairman isn’t giving his coach support” are those that don’t like him and base their opinions on that and not the facts.

“Comments” are based on what you read. I have read other comments with the opposite view. The fact is the common supporter hasn’t got a clue how Spurs approach the transfer window. Supporters base their comments (prejudices) and what they expect and want. If that is not delivered we then view it in that light. What we should be doing is looking at hard fact, not trying to supporter your prejudices. Nevertheless, if you think I am wrong then please show me the evidence that says Mr Levy deliberately tried to obstruct AVB in the transfer window and I will apologise on here that I was wrong.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do