SpursNetwork

Midfield/striker formation

Offline aspursfan

• Season Ticket: No
Midfield/striker formation
« on: December 29, 2012, 10:10:55 PM »
I know that Jenas would be everyone's first choice, so we can assume he's not going to be available in midfield just yet. Putting Jenas aside, who would you pick? We've acquired Dembele and Sigurdsson. I'm guessing almost everyone (including myself) is going to go with Bale on the left, Lennon on the right, but I'm most interested in who plays up front and behind them.

I feel that if we have to play with one striker Defoe isn't it, but I also feel that even though we've won games with them playing up front together, we can do better.

Sandro Vs Parker. I think we're a better team with Parker in the side. Sandro has played really well, but I think I'd go with Parker.

Or why not try something like this

Parker Sandro
Dembele
Defoe or Adebayor

I wasn't really ever thinking that they should play up front together. I think it's a bad idea. Mainly because of injury concerns and that it seems like Defoe is better with an extra person in midfield.

I'm hoping we're going to sign a playmaker at some point to where it will look more like this

Parker or Sandro - Dembele
[Our unidentified amazing playmaker]
Defoe or Adebayor or unidentified new striker or me

"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
Re: Midfield/striker formation
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 11:29:48 AM »
I'd like to see us set up (includng new signings)

Lloris

Walker  Dawson (C)    Vertonghan     BAE

Sandro 

Lennon    Sniejder       Dembele        Bale

Defoe

8)

‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 04:25:05 PM »

Lloris

Sandro 

Defoe

8)

I might be being unfair here, and if I am then I apologise before hand. But wasn't it you that said Defoe shouldn't be up front alone? Again I apologise if I got it wrong.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 01:43:25 AM »

Lloris

Sandro 

Defoe

8)

I might be being unfair here, and if I am then I apologise before hand. But wasn't it you that said Defoe shouldn't be up front alone? Again I apologise if I got it wrong.

Do you think he should?
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 01:54:00 PM »

Lloris

Sandro 

Defoe

8)

Do you think he should?

Lloris

Walker - Kaboul ( when fit) -  Verthonghen - BAE
Sandro - Dembele
Lennon -  (New Midfielder ) - Bale
New Striker

That side for me would piss top 4 finish.

Offline p.stromso

• To Dare is to Do
    • Free Football Tips
  • Hero: Jurgen Klinsmann
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 04:11:57 PM »
Is Sneijder still being frozen out at Inter?

Personally I'd quite like Golden Boy Isco to be the new midfield signing. Has impressed in the Champions League for Malaga and in the league, still only 20 years of age I think and with Malaga's money problems a deal could be possible.

I also like Zaha too if we can get him to move here to provide some competition.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 04:16:39 PM »

Lloris

Sandro 

Defoe

8)

Do you think he should?

I am not sure. He was starting to get used to the one man up front. But it only works if you have the right team behind you. As it did for Clive Allen.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 04:17:19 PM »
Apparently Sneijder wage is an issue even for the big money clubs, reported 200k per week and due to this inter would allow him to go for free!

Reckon we could offer him 80k lol
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 04:28:14 PM »
I don't think he would come to us that price.

City are quite likely to sign him. They can afford £200K

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2013, 05:43:30 PM »
I also like Zaha too if we can get him to move here to provide some competition.
I feel Zaha is one of these young cocky English players who thinks he's the best in the world already and deserves a bloody 100k a week. Just like that Sterling lad at Liverpool.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2013, 07:48:51 AM »
I feel Zaha is one of these young cocky English players who thinks he's the best in the world already and deserves a bloody 100k a week. Just like that Sterling lad at Liverpool.

I seem to remember that Carrol set the championship alight, then had a few good games for Newcastle, where is he now ? Propping up a bar in some nightclub probably.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2013, 07:40:44 PM »

I seem to remember that Carrol set the championship alight, then had a few good games for Newcastle, where is he now ? Propping up a bar in some nightclub probably.

Carrolls out long term knee injury I think, won't be available for a couple of months yet. All that Carroll was doing was trying to do the best he could for himself it's not his fault that Liverpool paid £35 million for him !!!!!

:)
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2013, 11:06:14 PM »

Carrolls out long term knee injury I think, won't be available for a couple of months yet. All that Carroll was doing was trying to do the best he could for himself it's not his fault that Liverpool paid £35 million for him !!!!!

And it wasn't Bent's fault we paid £16 million for him and it wasn't Bentley's fault we paid £8 million for him, and yet Spurs supporters hate them. Go figure.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2013, 11:24:12 PM »

And it wasn't Bent's fault we paid £16 million for him and it wasn't Bentley's fault we paid £8 million for him, and yet Spurs supporters hate them. Go figure.

I think it's got alot to do with expectation, you pay a large amount for a player that is doing well in another team and you expect them to do the same for us ..... and they let you down !!!
Straight away you question their worth and the reasoning behind their purchase and before you know it they are public enemy number 1 !!!!

:nods:

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2013, 12:36:22 AM »
I wonder what the chances of us actually getting David Villa would be. How much is he getting a week at Barcelona?