Pick your strikers

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Pick your strikers
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2012, 02:56:13 PM »
I hate to say this but ........ are we clutching at straws !!!!!

:'(
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2012, 09:01:27 PM »
What ever happened to that young guy we got from Ivory Coast a few years back, he was supposed to be good
Coulibaly? He's 17.

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2012, 07:56:51 PM »
At last, some actual noise about our current situation. With the press asking some of the right questions. (have they been reading my comments?  ;) ) AVB has now gone on record and stated that the club cannot survive with only two strikers. 'you need 3 or 4, some clubs even have 5'. He says, to see what happens next week, but it will not happen before the Newcastle game.

I know it is not much, but at least it has finally been spoken about!
Maybe next year...

Offline baldbloke

• Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2012, 08:26:32 PM »
I think at this point with a our first EPL match of teh season a few days away, if we dont laugh at our situation we would cry!

We cant blame AVB for this either!!

"News Flash Ledley comes out of retirement to help with Spurs striker Crisis" Ledley is confident he can help out as he has scored more goals in the EPL than Kane! lmao

We can blame AVB. Before he put pen to paper it was down to him to make conditions. AVB will be nothing more than a puppet to megalomaniac we call a chairman !!
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2012, 08:27:44 PM »
At last, some actual noise about our current situation. With the press asking some of the right questions. (have they been reading my comments?  ;) ) AVB has now gone on record and stated that the club cannot survive with only two strikers. 'you need 3 or 4, some clubs even have 5'. He says, to see what happens next week, but it will not happen before the Newcastle game.

I know it is not much, but at least it has finally been spoken about!

Where did you read that?
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2012, 09:43:57 PM »
The video is better than the article

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19280034
Maybe next year...

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2012, 11:15:03 PM »
Once again we give the league a head start lets play until 11:59 on the 31st August without any strikers, cracking idea that. I know at 11:59 we'll buy a two bit halfwit that nobody else wants cos that's all that's left, but put out a story saying we tried to sign RVP, Hulk and Falcao...... same s**t different season !!!!!!!!

‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2012, 05:31:09 PM »
I have just looked again at the official spurs website. I don't know what we have been worrying about. In the team profiles Defoe is not alone. Have you long forgotten the prodigious of talents? Dos Santos? Yep he is there as striker number 2. Now with us playing a new formation and all. It now seems obvious. We are going to be playing Bale Defoe and Dos santos as a front 3. With Kane as our back up man and possibly Lennon or Van der Vart filling in when necessary. It all seems so clear now, panic over!

Now I know in principle the formation thing could work. but I think I may have lost it!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Yes, a joint strike force reaching just over 7ft  :ohyeah:

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2012, 05:36:17 PM »
Once again we give the league a head start lets play until 11:59 on the 31st August without any strikers, cracking idea that. I know at 11:59 we'll buy a two bit halfwit that nobody else wants cos that's all that's left, but put out a story saying we tried to sign RVP, Hulk and Falcao...... same s**t different season !!!!!!!!

I can predict that with seconds to spare on the 31st August we will come to some sort of arrangement with Citeh of Adebayor. Personally I think he is crap, albeit he does offer us something we haven't got at present. Whether or not we sign anyone else is anyone's guess, however I can promise you that our net spend will be in the black, and the balance will  be shared evenly between the major shareholders (as usual).

GOD LEVY, I HATE YOU SO MUCH !!

Offline davidjmcclure

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2012, 06:08:32 PM »
Defoe should be first choice