SpursNetwork

Stoitchkov resigns as Bulgaria coach

« on: April 10, 2007, 06:48:03 PM »
SOFIA, Bulgaria (AP) - Hristo Stoitchkov has resigned as coach of Bulgaria's national ****** team.

The 41-year-old Stoitchkov was one of the world's top forwards in the 1990s and the leading scorer at the 1994 World Cup in the United States, where Bulgaria reached the semifinals.

But fans have been calling for his resignation since Bulgaria drew 0-0 with Albania last month in a European Championship qualifier.

The Netherlands leads Group G with 14 points, followed by Romania with 11 and Bulgaria with nine. Bulgaria next plays at Belarus on June 2.

A new coach will be announced on April 25, federation president Borislav Mihailov said Tuesday.

While playing at FC Barcelona, Stoitchkov won the Champions League in 1992 and also won four straight Spanish league titles.

Stoitchkov spent his last four seasons in Major League ****** with the Chicago Fire and D.C. United -- where he was also the team's assistant coach -- before becoming Bulgaria coach in 2004.

FINALLY !! Hopefully we get Balakov, or some international coach, on the helm !! Stoitchkov failed because he is no inteligent or tactically mature and cunning coach ...
----------------

Offline COYS

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 07:14:25 PM »
is that a good thing lol

i take it your belgian ;)

do you support a belgian team aswell as spurs?
Berba > God

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 07:17:02 PM »
I am Bulgarian. Well, I do have a preffered Bulgarian club, but I have almost quit watching Bulgarian football for the past 2 years ...
----------------

Offline COYS

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 07:23:12 PM »
ah right do you think with a new bulgarian coach the club could get it a bit further in international football?
Berba > God

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 07:40:02 PM »
Well, as long as he gives Berbatov some support up there with another striker, I think any other coach will mark some good progress ... Until now, it was - Berbatov infront and all the rest try to keep the clean sheat in practive ... Well, fine, but the guy is being guarded by three bodyguards at every occassion ... He does not even have smbd like Keano to make some combinations ... purely left to live on scraps and tryign to create chances out of thin air. Well, he DOES it everytime and some other crappy players are ****ing missign those :angry: :angry:
----------------

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 06:51:30 PM »
Lucky you. We are still stuck with ******* boring Steve McClaren! At least this guy can accept that he has done a bad job and resigns. I hate McClaren.