SpursNetwork

EPL is becoming popular in northeastern Asia.

« on: April 05, 2007, 09:29:39 AM »
As an answer to a reply to my first greeting post, I typed it as title.

I think, since there are chinese and korean players in EPL, many people in the two countries watch EPL games. I don't think there is a japanese player in EPL. I think there is a japanese in Scotland league.

Moreover, EPL games are exciting since players are fast and I think there are some kinds of flows in EPL games. A directioal offense flow then opposite flow and so on. I don't feel such flows well in football league games in South Korea.  

I think soccer people here in Korea or Asia learn things from EPL or UEFA. Europeans have well-organized soccer culture established for a long time.

Soccer people in Korea try to make games which can be more intersting to fans.

There is AFC (Asian Football Confederation, I think) in Asia which coresponds to UEFA. They are trying to develop AFC Champs league into something resembing UEFA champs league. When done, there will be many exciting games especially among China, Korea, and Japan.

I heard TH was a champion in a small cup competition in Korea last year. I think it's called peace cup or something like that.

Thus, TH may come to Korea as defending champion for the cup games this year also maybe in summer. I will be there. I wanna see Berba and Keane of course YPLee in TH.

I will see you later.

Offline Lew

• http://Www.Myspace.Com/1Klone
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 09:33:01 AM »
I also heard this somewhere a while ago, that countries such as Korea and Japan became influenced from the game of English football.

I suppose it would be a nice run out for the players aswell if they are to go to the cup in the summer as defending champions.. :)

Offline Storts

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 09:37:16 AM »
I see you are in the habit of calling our beautiful game of football, "soccer". That is the American influence for you.

It is always nice to see our league be popular all over the world. Last year LYP was not well liked at Spurs but this season he has grown on people and is looking like a good player.

The Peace cup was a good win for us beating Soceidad, Lyon and Boca Juniors on the way. I would love if we could defend it again this year

Offline Lew

• http://Www.Myspace.Com/1Klone
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 09:48:01 AM »
It would also be a good chance for some of the younger players to get a bit of experience out there.