« on: December 06, 2014, 12:33:33 PM »

Tottenham
____

v
____

Crystal Palace

Barclays Premier League - 6th Dec  - KO 15:00   - Ground: White Hart Lane

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Tottenham v Crystal Palace
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 03:41:40 PM »
how many chances do we need before we can take one?
Maybe next year...

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 04:54:23 PM »
Absolute rubbish at home again >:( , very slow again! >:( , very narrow again >:( , yes we had a couple of chances but how many more times is Hugo Lloris going to save us? FFS!!!!!!!!!, and the substertutions by MP nearly cost us the match >:( enough is enough MP you can go do one! you havent got a clue and you certainly dont have the players so why dont you bugger off >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( , we are awfull.
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 06:21:19 PM »
The only positive to take from today is that Ars*nal and Chelsea both lost and Liverpool drew as well.

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 07:55:59 AM »

Unfortunately I cannot remember us creating ONE clear cut chance, but I can remember Palace making 3 or 4, and fortunately they weren't good enough to convert, and therein lies the problem. >:( >:( >:(
:SN:[font

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2014, 09:18:17 AM »

Unfortunately I cannot remember us creating ONE clear cut chance, but I can remember Palace making 3 or 4, and fortunately they weren't good enough to convert, and therein lies the problem. >:( >:( >:(

Unfortunately, I couldn't watch the game, so was restricted to intermittent radio reports and the online news feed. at one point it said we had about 4 or 5 chances in a row. But I can say how clear cut they were. I am sure you have the truth of it. Either way, we are not clinical enough in front of goal, a problem we have had for a while in truth. There seems a few areas that need to change if we are to get out of this, but not sure what is the greatest priority, attack, defence, creativity, finishing, positioning, pace or width. I'm not sure we can address them all, so which do we prioritize?
Maybe next year...

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2014, 10:53:27 AM »
Absolute rubbish at home again >:( , very slow again! >:( , very narrow again >:( , yes we had a couple of chances but how many more times is Hugo Lloris going to save us? FFS!!!!!!!!!, and the substertutions by MP nearly cost us the match >:( enough is enough MP you can go do one! you havent got a clue and you certainly dont have the players so why dont you bugger off >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( , we are awfull.

I am nearly convinced MP doesnt have the skill set or ability to manage a big club with the expectations and potential such as Spurs.  I am hoping he proves me very wrong but so far...... he isnt.
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2014, 12:16:20 PM »
It seems that when we're playing well enough at the back, we lack any bite in front of goal. When we score, we also let a few in. All in all, poor tactics and poor (man) management from our Head Coach who can only speak English on a level of a four-year old.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2014, 06:15:54 PM »
When I commented on the Everton game I said it was the best performance I've seen for awhile. Saturday's performance (against Palace) was one of the worst.

Again every team shot themselves in the foot. Ars*nal & Chelsea lost. Liverpool drew etc. It seems somebody up there is helping Spurs along until they get their feet and then it is everyman (team) for themselves. :dance:
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Blackjack

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2014, 09:34:48 PM »
When I commented on the Everton game I said it was the best performance I've seen for awhile. Saturday's performance (against Palace) was one of the worst.

Again every team shot themselves in the foot. Ars*nal & Chelsea lost. Liverpool drew etc. It seems somebody up there is helping Spurs along until they get their feet and then it is everyman (team) for themselves. :dance:
bey
I wouldnt go quite that far as the big guns maybe slipping up but theres others teams doing much better! West Ham, Southampton, any other year I would say" well not to worry were come back strong" but this team and especialy with this manager and his strategys I dont believe were are good enough to even finish top 7!, were a 11-14th at best.
SPURS TILL I DIE

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2014, 08:08:47 AM »

Unfortunately, I couldn't watch the game, so was restricted to intermittent radio reports and the online news feed. at one point it said we had about 4 or 5 chances in a row. But I can say how clear cut they were. I am sure you have the truth of it. Either way, we are not clinical enough in front of goal, a problem we have had for a while in truth. There seems a few areas that need to change if we are to get out of this, but not sure what is the greatest priority, attack, defence, creativity, finishing, positioning, pace or width. I'm not sure we can address them all, so which do we prioritize?

All good sides are created from the back, and that is where we have to start. One positive is that we have 2 good keepers. What we really need is a solid back 4 that can keep some clean sheets for us to build on. If Poch is ever going to be any good, then he must surely realise that our current lot are not good enough, and do something about it in January.
Next we need width & pace in midfield. Lennon and Townsend have to go as they are never ever going to be good enough. Same goes for Lamella. Up front we need to keep Kane, and get rid of Soldado & Adebayor. 2 strikers are needed, one a big CF.
If Levy & Poch cannot see this then we will not get anywhere near top 4 IMO.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2014, 03:19:33 PM »

bey
I wouldnt go quite that far as the big guns maybe slipping up but theres others teams doing much better! West Ham, Southampton, any other year I would say" well not to worry were come back strong" but this team and especialy with this manager and his strategys I dont believe were are good enough to even finish top 7!, were a 11-14th at best.

Yes, Swansea, West Ham and Southampton are doing well, but I can't see it lasting. And another thing; are they doing well because they are good, or are they doing well because the other teams haven't got their act together yet? I'll go for the second choice.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Blackjack

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2014, 04:22:18 PM »

bey

Yes, Swansea, West Ham and Southampton are doing well, but I can't see it lasting. And another thing; are they doing well because they are good, or are they doing well because the other teams haven't got their act together yet? I'll go for the second choice.

Swansea and Southampton have a real goal threat upfront, we sold Keane and Defoe who where poachers in the box, had skill and where 20-25 goal a season strikers!, they always scored at some point and where always a threat upfront, this current crop do not scare anyone!, Kane is just starting to do the buisness now but he needs someone to share the load with, Soldado is not going to score alot of goals playing in a team and system we play now!!!!, you put him in MU, Chelsea or Ars*nal he would score goals, with no width and lots of crosses for him to sniff off he is muted.
I do agree we need to work from the back but for all the mistakes they are making alot of this must be down to playing at a slow tempo!, it allows teams to do to us exactly what MP wants us to do, close us down, force us into mistakes then counter with pace!, just look at the two Palace wingers on saturday they where like wasps waiting to pounce on the byline as soon as we made a mistake the ripped down the touch line and split our back four wide open, other teams are being made to look good because we  dont use the whole pitch!, our defence plays at a snails pace, so we are so predictable but when we are chasing the opposing teams back towards our goal we are slow, disorganised with players playing out of position, no understanding with there team mates, and generally a shambes.
SPURS TILL I DIE

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2014, 07:37:01 PM »
What a contrast from the Everton game. I was lost for words on Saturday. They were appalling. The same last year against Palace, they were awful. I have recently been reading that Poch has been given 20 million to spend and whatever he can sell, and he needs to sell to buy good.

Jane x

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2014, 03:28:14 PM »
What a contrast from the Everton game. I was lost for words on Saturday. They were appalling. The same last year against Palace, they were awful. I have recently been reading that Poch has been given 20 million to spend and whatever he can sell, and he needs to sell to buy good.

Jane x

I read that and I also agree with the rest of what you said.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do