SpursNetwork

Spurs without stadium

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Spurs without stadium
« on: September 10, 2014, 01:50:46 PM »
So, it seems that (as usual) things have not gone as planned for Spurs and our new venue will not be ready by 2017/2018 season and that means we'll have to play our home games elsewhere for a season.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Spurs without stadium
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 04:04:02 PM »
So, it seems that (as usual) things have not gone as planned for Spurs and our new venue will not be ready by 2017/2018 season and that means we'll have to play our home games elsewhere for a season.

But that isn't new; that was discussed before. So long as the stadium is near I don't mind.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 08:08:42 PM »
It takes me 40-50mins to Liverpool st and then 15-20mins to WHL.
So anything less then 2 hours away I'll settle for.
Me thinks Wembley we'll play at.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 04:49:24 AM »
I think Wembley is the best option. It is a neutral stadium (sharing with WH not a good idea) and it would allow the club to build up the number of fans attending match day. The English FA could also do with the extra money to help pay for the stadium, so will probably be interested in a deal.
Maybe next year...

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 03:57:49 PM »
I would prefer Wembley as it would be easy to reach. DK Dons stadium would put an hour onto my journey. Apart from that their capacity is 6,000 less than Spurs.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 04:11:36 PM »
Wherever we end up, it is still an inconvenience we could have done without. This should have been sorted out a long time ago. I imagine, it was because we were trying to get the properties as cheap as possible, and some were willing to say no to the take over. I just hope that there are no delays during the building phase, otherwise it might end up being two seasons late!
Maybe next year...

Offline yidmafioso

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2014, 08:44:18 PM »
Yet again the daniel levy school of business spawns another failure ! If he`d stopped f**king around a few years ago and got on and had the stadium built instead of delaying and trying to get anyone and everyone else to pay for it we would be in it by now ! I`ve said it many , many times before but i`ll say it again WE`LL NEVER GET ANYWHERE WITH HIM IN CHARGE
If your not spurs you`re dead to me

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2014, 05:46:12 AM »
I'm not so sure about Wembley. After all it's the home of the National team and a few weeks ago it was confirmed that until 2018 (or something) England would play all of their home games at Wembley. League and cup games week in week out would damage the pitch too much.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2014, 02:58:49 PM »
Yet again the daniel levy school of business spawns another failure ! If he`d stopped f**king around a few years ago and got on and had the stadium built instead of delaying and trying to get anyone and everyone else to pay for it we would be in it by now ! I`ve said it many , many times before but i`ll say it again WE`LL NEVER GET ANYWHERE WITH HIM IN CHARGE

There are other people on the board, but yes, another valid point about DL!

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2014, 03:36:07 PM »
        Yet another case of Levy trying to do things on the CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nods: :nods: When o' when will the board WISE up to him.  ??? ??? How many times will he be allowed to take one step forward and three steps back!!!!!!!!! ??? ???
        Time to go Mr.Levy  :tickedoff: I believe you have become a LIABILITY to our GREAT CLUB.   :nods: :nods: :nods:
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 03:42:47 PM by Paul Finch »
:SN:[font

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2014, 07:33:06 PM »
        Yet another case of Levy trying to do things on the CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nods: :nods: When o' when will the board WISE up to him.  ??? ??? How many times will he be allowed to take one step forward and three steps back!!!!!!!!! ??? ???
        Time to go Mr.Levy  :tickedoff: I believe you have become a LIABILITY to our GREAT CLUB.   :nods: :nods: :nods:

I would like to see change as well and American's are sport lovers. They have invested quite heavily in the Premier league. Whoever takes over I hope that put a lot of money into the team so that we can compete with the best.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2014, 08:45:57 PM »
Does anyone here believe the rumors about a possible takeover. If yes, this could be the answer for levy to step down as our chairman. Bring Back SUGAR!!!

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2014, 09:03:49 AM »
Firstly, Joe Lewis himself has said these rumours are false. Secondly, Levy doesn't own the club, he's the chairman. So, basically it could mean we wouldn't necessarily get rid of Levy if the club was sold and the new owner decides to retain him.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2014, 04:19:09 PM »
Does anyone here believe the rumors about a possible takeover. If yes, this could be the answer for levy to step down as our chairman. Bring Back SUGAR!!!
If it is, I hope it isn’t the Americans. They are more interested in asset stripping than building a successful football team (that is a foreign soccer team). And I certainly don’t want Sugar back either. I’d rather stick with Levy. In fact I would rather stick with Levy than Americans.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline yidmafioso

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2014, 09:04:04 PM »
We will never be more than we are now with levy in charge .His transfer policy of buying young players and selling them on at a profit will not support success . For the good of the club he must be removed and replaced with a chairman with genuine belief and ambition for spurs to be one of the top clubs in the country and even europe .If that person is american , chinese , indian or from the moon makes absolutely no difference to me . I love my club as you all do and i hate what levy has done to it .
If your not spurs you`re dead to me