SpursNetwork

Goodbye Sandro

Offline scotspurs

• C.O.Y.S
  • Season Ticket: No
Goodbye Sandro
« on: September 02, 2014, 12:20:13 AM »
 We have sold Sandro to QPR for a so far undisclosed fee on a 3 year deal.
 :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
Re: Goodbye Sandro
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 02:30:34 AM »
Can't say I am happy about this either. Not sure why he wasn't given a chance, especially as he was the type of player we needed against Liverpool.

However, we did sign Stambouli, so maybe that was why. Hopefully he can provide something we are clearly missing.

Also disappointed we didn't see any changes to our attack, not a playmaker or a striker in sight. Just one would have been helpful. Still hoping Soldado comes good though. 
Maybe next year...

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 08:48:48 AM »
          I am disappointed to see Sandro depart, I think it is a BIG BIG mistake as he was starting to regain his post injury form. :nods: :nods:

I am also sorry to see Holtby go as well(the Spurs website says ' On a year Loan with a view to making it permanent'). He has never been given a good run in the Team, and during pre-season he also looked to be starting to show some potential. :nods: :nods: :nods:

I wish them both good luck for the future, and I sincerely hope that we don't live to regret these two leaving. :nope: :nope: :nope:
:SN:[font

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 08:55:38 AM »
          I am disappointed to see Sandro depart, I think it is a BIG BIG mistake as he was starting to regain his post injury form. :nods: :nods:

I am also sorry to see Holtby go as well(the Spurs website says ' On a year Loan with a view to making it permanent'). He has never been given a good run in the Team, and during pre-season he also looked to be starting to show some potential. :nods: :nods: :nods:

I wish them both good luck for the future, and I sincerely hope that we don't live to regret these two leaving. :nope: :nope: :nope:

Well I'm not so sure about these two. Sandro has failed to convince me over 3 seasons to be honest, and Holtby has played 90 minutes just once.
We have to ask ourselves this question. How come no prem team in the top 10 has come in for either of them ? A gradual clear out is needed if we are to bring in new players, and we have to start somewhere.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 04:31:28 PM »
Sad to see Sandro gone, however, I hope the players we've got do us proud. If they do then Sandro will be soon forgotten.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 07:39:28 PM »
After mulling it over I must admit Sandro wasn't quite the same after his serious injury. The same happened to Parker (among others) and Kaboul...

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 10:45:43 PM »
I think you are all going soft here! Sandro has been good but hasn't recovered from his injury. He has always been a liability and need a new challenge. As far as Holtby is concerned, nice guy ans all that, but headless chicken comes to mind.

We have a number of good players from last season ready to perform with the new additions. Who's moaning if Pochettino gets the best out ot them!

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2014, 01:31:41 PM »
I think you are all going soft here! Sandro has been good but hasn't recovered from his injury. He has always been a liability and need a new challenge. As far as Holtby is concerned, nice guy ans all that, but headless chicken comes to mind.

We have a number of good players from last season ready to perform with the new additions. Who's moaning if Pochettino gets the best out ot them!

From what I saw of these two yesterday, were well shot of them

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2014, 02:13:09 PM »

From what I saw, Sandro was pretty poor and not match fit.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2014, 04:19:57 PM »

From what I saw, Sandro was pretty poor and not match fit.

Yes, a good decision selling him.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.