SpursNetwork

Jonas Goncalves Oliveira

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Jonas Goncalves Oliveira
« on: September 08, 2014, 04:23:02 PM »
Sorry if I have posted in the wrong place but I have just learnt that Spurs could sign Jonas Goncalves Oliveira on a free even though the transfer window is closed. Can any confirm whether this is true. I am not saying we need another striker to replace what we have got but I am concerned with us being in all the cup competitions. And also if we get an jury we might be in trouble.

I will try to get back on when I can, but this depends on work.

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Jonas Goncalves Oliveira
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 07:34:50 PM »
A source maybe?

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 01:00:13 AM »

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 08:07:08 AM »
He is out of contract at Valencia, so therefore free to sign for us, or anyone else. He's around 30 I think, though might do a stop gap job for us in view of the fact we were unable to sign a striker. A pretty much no risk option, one worth taking I would think. Plus he had a couple of very good seasons with Soldado.

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 09:59:59 AM »
He is out of contract at Valencia, so therefore free to sign for us, or anyone else. He's around 30 I think, though might do a stop gap job for us in view of the fact we were unable to sign a striker. A pretty much no risk option, one worth taking I would think. Plus he had a couple of very good seasons with Soldado.

Interesting, might just be what Soldado needs to boost his confidence.  :nods: :nods:
:SN:[font

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 04:11:53 PM »
If we did sign him he might not be able to play until January, according to the rules. Tottenham have completed their allocation of 17 non-foreign players; in a 23-man squad. That is why Spurs had to name two players fewer than the regulation 25. This is one of the reasons why they could not include Assou-Ekotto or Bongali Khmalo.
The reason by this is that Spurs are able to name a 25-man squad if eight of their players are home grown. Of course we could name fewer than eight home grown players, however, this would mean that we would also need fewer than 25 players in the team. In other words we can only have seven home grown players. It goes something like this; if we only have seven home grown players we can name 24-man team or 6 home grown players then name a 23-man team or 5 and 22 man team et etcetera.
At the present, we have a quota of non-home grown lads jam-packed. This means that Tottenham cannot add another foreign player until January. Even signing a home grown player who is not under contract would need special clearance from the league.

I have since learnt that the club might try to find away around this.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Jane

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 06:57:56 PM »
If we did sign him he might not be able to play until January, according to the rules. Tottenham have completed their allocation of 17 non-foreign players; in a 23-man squad. That is why Spurs had to name two players fewer than the regulation 25. This is one of the reasons why they could not include Assou-Ekotto or Bongali Khmalo.
The reason by this is that Spurs are able to name a 25-man squad if eight of their players are home grown. Of course we could name fewer than eight home grown players, however, this would mean that we would also need fewer than 25 players in the team. In other words we can only have seven home grown players. It goes something like this; if we only have seven home grown players we can name 24-man team or 6 home grown players then name a 23-man team or 5 and 22 man team et etcetera.
At the present, we have a quota of non-home grown lads jam-packed. This means that Tottenham cannot add another foreign player until January. Even signing a home grown player who is not under contract would need special clearance from the league.

I have since learnt that the club might try to find away around this.

Thank you voice for that. It is something I never knew. But if Spurs are interested I do hope they do find away around it.

Offline Jane

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 06:59:59 PM »

Interesting, might just be what Soldado needs to boost his confidence.  :nods: :nods:

I do not think it is just about giving the strikers a boost. I would have thought more as cover. But whatever they do I am sure they will be in a pecking order. The one who scores the most goals at the top.

Offline Jane

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2014, 07:01:11 PM »

That was my thinking. A risk worth taking.

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 07:54:35 AM »
If we can get him and there is a way to do so before January, then it would be worth a chance. However, given our failure before deadline day, when it was the right time to do business, it doesn't make me think that this is on the cards.

If we have to wait till January, then other, more compatible players of a higher quality would be preferred.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 03:48:13 PM by dimexi »
Maybe next year...

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2014, 01:51:19 PM »
He's probably not even remotely match fit.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 04:02:44 PM »

Even if he wasn't match fit how long would it take to get him in shipshape? Don't forget we have three other strikers so why he is getting fit we use them.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2014, 05:45:16 PM »

Even if he wasn't match fit how long would it take to get him in shipshape? Don't forget we have three other strikers so why he is getting fit we use them.
It depends on the player, his age and many other factors. Some get in shape in two weeks, some can't get going in a season.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2014, 07:15:17 PM »

It depends on the player, his age and many other factors. Some get in shape in two weeks, some can't get going in a season.

Like Lamela last season :up:
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2014, 04:14:35 PM »
If he has still been training, then to get match fit would only take a few weeks. But if he is enjoying the beach and beer, it might be 2 months. This is all hypothetical though at the moment, so will just have to see what materialises.
Maybe next year...