SpursNetwork

Season News and Discussion Thread

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
« on: April 21, 2007, 08:09:27 PM »

made by Biggs

Well after a long wait Spurs Network FC season can finally begin. They have been entered into the English Conference League having replaced York City who have been kicked out of the league by the FA having been found guilty of match-fixing.

Welcome all team members.

In this thread I will put down all team news, ie injuries, transfers, board comments etc. You can also discuss anything you want team related in this thread. Match's will be put into separate threads.

Players will be picked on how active you are in the forums. So more you post the more you play. But everyone will get a run out.

Let's meet the players;

Goalkeepers

Storts

Svensson

Defenders

DC76 (Captain)

dazzaTh

C.L.S

Sammy

Berba's Right Beg

Georginho

COYS

Pascal Berbatov

Will

Defensive Midfielders

Powerage

Dimitar B.

Attacking Midfielders

THFC

Lyubokick

Biggs

Theospurs

Daniisco

Justin

Wingers

Hustle

Craig

Keane on Spurs

yid100

Cianinho

Geordiespurs

Forwards

Becks

Berba's Girl

LOTL

alma

Dannyn99

Ladyspurs

Lew

Rob

Big Papa

Non Playing Staff

Chairman: Bill Power (multi Millionaire)
Manager: Daniel
Assistant Manager: Gary Mabbutt
Coaches: David Ginola, Niall Abbott, Neil Bailey, Kevin Jobling, Steve Sims.
Physio: Peter Jellet

General Info

Stadium: The Mansion, London
Capacity: 3000 (1900 seated)

Pre Season Fixtures

Shrewsbury HOME
Chesterfield HOME
Motherwell SCO AWAY
Stenhousemuir SCO AWAY

FULL FIXTURE LIST[/FONT]                                  

Offline -AL-

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 08:11:30 PM »
yieehhaaaaaaa...finally it started!!!!
:thankyousign:
if i had balls, they would be bigger than yours ;)

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 08:12:54 PM »
:D This sounds good.

Nice one Dani

Offline SpursLad

• Peng.
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 08:13:34 PM »
Ooh a pre season tour to sunny Scotland!!

Spurs Network FC young full back Berba's Right Peg has recently expressed his views on the upcoming season.
"Well it is fair to say this season could go either way, we could go up or straight back down. We may not be great technically but if we show passion and commitment we can pull through"
Sky Sports.

Offline Daniisco

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 08:31:18 PM »

Before SNFC's manager could sort out his new desk the board called for a meeting along with his backroom staff. The Spurs Network chairman Bill Power set out his expections for the coming season. He told how he expected the club to attain a respectable league position.

In his very first interview SNFC's manager was quoted in saying he had a very talented group and expected big things from them this season. He even suggested promotion in the very first season.

Only time will tell... stay tuned...

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 08:37:05 PM »
:10800: As if York City got kicked out!!

Lol only jokin, glad its finally under way.

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2007, 08:58:46 PM »
Gary Mabbutt and Ginola on the staff.......we will be quality!

Offline Daniisco

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2007, 09:06:29 PM »

After just one day already bids are coming in for SNFC players.

dazzaTh - Both Chelsea and Marseille made a £22,000 bid.

Powerage
- WBA made a £55,000 bid

Will - Leicester made a £24,000 bid.

Georginho - Notts Forest made a £190,000 bid

All bids were rejected.

More offers came in today.

Chelsea turned thier attention to Biggs, and made a massive offer of £700,00. The bid was rejected.

Leicester made an improved offer for dazzaTh of £28,000. The bid was again rejected.

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2007, 09:14:53 PM »
Canadian University Firebrand Becomes Captain of Conference Newcomers
Canadafootball.com

It was an interesting day in Canadian football today as last year's CSA Young Defender of the Year and CIS Defender of the Year, Shawnigan Lake, British Columbia's DC76, has not only been signed to a contract for newcomers Spurs Network FC, but has been named its captain.

As a member of the University of Victoria Vikes last season, he was easily the Canadian Interuniversity Sport's most feared defender, known as much for his outspokenness off the pitch as for his bone-jarring-but-clean challenges on it. His possession of an English passport through his mother means that he isn't considered "foreign" by EU and UEFA rules and travel is much simpler, but he's made one thing very clear - He's all-Canadian.

"I'm Canadian first, English second," he says in an interview with CSA correspondent Dorian Hawkins. "Still, I'm gonna love playing here. The fans are among the best in the world, and I don't care if they're labelled as hoolies in other countries! Compared to many nations, even in the last decade, true English fans are the measuring stick by which fandom is measured in the sport. Plus I think I have a chance to show the world what Canadians are truly capable of. I don't put up with any crap from anyone. You start whining to the refs, I'm gonna let you have it. You dive, I'm gonna let you have it. You cheapshot me, or even more so, one of my teammates, I'm gonna REALLY let you have it! I'm some kinda monster!"

He's not as big as some Canadian national team defenders have been in the past, like Jason Devos (6'4") and Kevin McKenna (6'3"), but at 200 lbs, he's a tad more muscular than the average 6'-tall footballer, and that coupled with his notorious glare really adds to the intimidation factor. Some of the CIS' best players are quick to point that out.

CBU M Murat Şukru: "The guy's scary, no question about it. He's got this aura of fear and power to him - the gaze, the build, the heavy metal before every match, the roaring - he's the guy you hate to play against the most."

UWO F Jason de Thomasis: "You don't want to have the ball when you're around him, because he'll take it from you and probably send you flying in the process. Not that he does anything dirty, but he comes at the ball so hard that you have no time to react and the only thing you can do is either get out of the way, go flying, or dive, and he'll be right in your face if you do the last of the three. He shows no fear, either. I remember him getting right in the face of [D'Mitri] Butterfield after he hauled [Kyle] Langseth down from behind in last year's playoffs. Butterfield's 2 inches taller and 20 pounds heavier. But he backed right off. DC's a wolverine out there."

Queens' F David Kerr-Vayne: "Toughest player to play against? Oh, DC76 from UVic. He's the kinda guy you love to have on your team because he tackles everything that moves and has the ball, but that you hate to play against because when he marks, he's on you like a remora on a shark, and he's so powerful that his challenges bowl you right over even when they're clean!"

Trinity Western and Canada U-23 M Patrick Kelly: "Don't get me started on him. He and Dan Kirpatrick were the two biggest reasons UVic beat us in the Canada West final. We couldn't get any corners in because he was all over our forwards, and our rushes were always cut off by him. He's always in the way."

The thing that club manager Daniel said makes him a good captain, though, is his commitment to accountability, both for himself and his teammates. Former UVic teammate and prospective US international Kyle Langseth said it best:

"He's always the first to own up when he goofs," the Grayling, Michigan native said. "He sets a high standard both for his own play and for the team's play and is consistent in holding people to that. But it isn't like he doesn't encourage anyone when they're doing something right, either - you should see his facial expressions when someone scores! Whether it's the fifth goal in a 5-0 mid-season rout or the overtime winner in the most important game of the year, he's like back there roaring his head off and like 'ROCK ONNNNN!'

When asked about his new team and teammates, DC had this to say:

"Oh man, I'm excited about the team! I've seen these guys in early practices, and if this team develops the right amount of chemistry, we'll be going up the table faster than if we had jetpacks on! Dan's a great manager, he's committed to winning and training us to be the best possible team. There's no 'I' in 'team,' or in 'football,' and Dan's made that clear from day one. You could see a guy score a hat trick one game and not get any goals but set a couple up the next. You'll probably hear me drop names as the season goes on, depending on who's playing the best football at the moment. SNFC, that's the place I want to be! :D"

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2007, 09:15:07 PM »
Rejected!!

im off to the other side of london :drive1:

:thankyousign:

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2007, 09:16:33 PM »
Oh my God! I play as Nottingham Forest on Championship manager 2006-07 and won the premiership yesterday with them. Now they are coming in with a big bid........spooky.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 09:22:13 PM by Georginho »

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2007, 09:18:18 PM »
:th_lolsign:

How's that for a coincidence :p

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2007, 09:20:19 PM »
am i a winger or a center mid? i thought i was a winger but it says iam a center mid...

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2007, 09:24:07 PM »
hope your a cm lol you'll be in the team before me otherwise.

No bids made for me? cant say im shocked lol

Offline Storts

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2007, 09:28:18 PM »
BBC Sport have managed to grab an exclusive intervew with newly formed Spurs Network Football Club's #1 Storts
When asked about his feelings on the upcoming season he said
We have a great bunch of lads here at the mansion. The boys are up for the challenge of playing at this level and we feel we have the ability to cause problems within this division

When asked about his personal aspirations he said

I hope to keep the most clean sheets in the division and hopefully in the country. I want SNFC to do great things and I know I need to play well every week for us to reach our dream of promotion. I have Svensson, a very fine yound keeper, snapping at my heels, so I know that if do not play to my full ability he could step in. This will be a historic season for us