SpursNetwork

Hudd and Livermore of to Hull

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
Hudd and Livermore of to Hull
« on: August 14, 2013, 02:05:37 PM »
It seems likely that Tom Huddlestone is off on a permanent move to Hull City, or Tigers please yourself . With Jake Livermore joining him for a season long loan. Never rated Livermore but sorry to see Hudd go before he could get his haircut by scoring another of his 25 yard piledrivers. Your thoughts Gentleman. Ooh and Ladies should there be any.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Hudd and Livermore of to Hull
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 03:34:04 PM »
Just turned on Sky Sports News and the breaking news is Hull sign Huddlestone.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 04:53:52 PM »
Nothing on official site yet... Anyway, with Parker also supposedly leaving, I feel we could end up with a thin CM/DM area again. Sandro is returning from a very serious injury after all. I hope I'm not wrong.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 04:58:40 PM »
Nothing on official site yet... Anyway, with Parker also supposedly leaving, I feel we could end up with a thin CM/DM area again. Sandro is returning from a very serious injury after all. I hope I'm not wrong.

Don't forget that Spurs are still planning to purchase more players. Livermore is only on loan and can be recalled any time.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline taimedowne

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 10:45:25 PM »
It does concern me that we seem to be selling most of our British players. Of our regular starters we only have Dawson, Defoe, Walker and Lennon who are British left, plus of course Naughton and a few others on the fringes. Do you think we even look at British players anymore ? It seems few clubs do these days. They say English players are to expensive but we just paid a club record for a Spaniard and before that a Brazilian so that arguement doesn't really hold water. Dont get me wrong I'd support Spurs if they fielded 11 Martians but I do wonder if we are losing our identity. Christ out of the British players I have mentioned only Defoe is a Londoner and we are supposed to be a London club   

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 11:04:10 PM »
How many English players do Ars*nal or Man City have?

Offline zapiy

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 06:34:54 AM »
Just because other teams don't have many British players should not mean we follow suit, having said that i want to support a winning team so on that basis i will give this new players a chance.

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2013, 06:38:18 AM »
It does concern me that we seem to be selling most of our British players. Of our regular starters we only have Dawson, Defoe, Walker and Lennon who are British left, plus of course Naughton and a few others on the fringes. Do you think we even look at British players anymore ? It seems few clubs do these days. They say English players are to expensive but we just paid a club record for a Spaniard and before that a Brazilian so that arguement doesn't really hold water. Dont get me wrong I'd support Spurs if they fielded 11 Martians but I do wonder if we are losing our identity. Christ out of the British players I have mentioned only Defoe is a Londoner and we are supposed to be a London club   
I was thinking the same thing a few weeks ago. But, I think the problem is deeper than many people understand. The foreign influx has somewhat killed the English game and therefore there aren't enough good prospects coming through youth systems and the few who come are overpriced and often overhyped. Of course there are brilliant players like Bale and Wilshere, but we know how much they cost.

The reason why Villas-Boas is bringing in so many foreign players is that British players are mostly less technically skilled and technicality is something Villas-Boas likes.

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2013, 08:00:16 AM »
        Riff,
             Are you saying that the majority of English and/or British players are stupid? I do agree that some can't string more than 2 words together.

:ohyeah: :ohyeah: :ohyeah:
:SN:[font

Offline RSS61

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2013, 08:24:56 AM »
I was thinking the same thing a few weeks ago. But, I think the problem is deeper than many people understand. The foreign influx has somewhat killed the English game and therefore there aren't enough good prospects coming through youth systems and the few who come are overpriced and often overhyped. Of course there are brilliant players like Bale and Wilshere, but we know how much they cost.

The reason why Villas-Boas is bringing in so many foreign players is that British players are mostly less technically skilled and technicality is something Villas-Boas likes.

Having watched England struggle to overcome mighty Scotland 3-2 is it any wonder that in order to build a squad capable of challenging for something, it has to be filled with foreign players ?

Over the last few years the drive for instant success has lead to a whole lot of bright young English players not being given a chance to shine at the top level.

As for Hudd + Livermore + Defoe + Lennon,  well Hudd has had about 8 years I think to prove himself, along with Defoe and to a lesser degree Lennon, and IMO all have failed to perform consistently at the top level. Livermore tbh I just don't rate that highly.

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2013, 08:59:32 AM »
        Riff,
             Are you saying that the majority of English and/or British players are stupid? I do agree that some can't string more than 2 words together.

Footballers and sportsmen are generally stupid. Sorry, but that's the way it is. Nevertheless, I don't think an IQ of 125 is needed to be a successful sportsman, it could help, of course. What I was trying to say that British football tactics are different from from tactics of Holland, Spain etc. and young players are more than often trained to fit into British system which has proven to be somewhat ancient for decades now. The problem is not the players, the problem is the whole system. Foreign players who are being brought in, have a different football upbringing and that is why many of them prove to be a hit in British leagues (EPL mainly), and to be fair, many fail as well.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2013, 09:20:53 AM »
Hudd an Livermore will be hardly missed, I am sorry to say. They have been replaced with better players and there will be a couple more to join before the end of the window. 

I just wish that Hudd had scored a goal before parting company. He has raised a load of cash for Charity and could have had a decent hair cut. :up:

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2013, 04:58:49 PM »
        Riff,

Footballers and sportsmen are generally stupid. Sorry, but that's the way it is. Nevertheless, I don't think an IQ of 125 is needed to be a successful sportsman, it could help, of course. What I was trying to say that British football tactics are different from from tactics of Holland, Spain etc. and young players are more than often trained to fit into British system which has proven to be somewhat ancient for decades now. The problem is not the players, the problem is the whole system. Foreign players who are being brought in, have a different football upbringing and that is why many of them prove to be a hit in British leagues (EPL mainly), and to be fair, many fail as well.

I'll along with what you said here. What some lack in IQ they make up in ball control and skill. Whether British or foreign we want to win something and be continuously in the top  4.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2013, 03:12:51 AM »
        Riff,

I'll along with what you said here. What some lack in IQ they make up in ball control and skill. Whether British or foreign we want to win something and be continuously in the top  4.

Riff ,
         My comment was tongue in cheek, no offence intended. I do tend to agree with you, unfortunately whilst the standard of the EPL has improved, since the introduction of unlimited imported players, it has hindered the opportunities of our own home bred players and has caused the demise of the English/Scottish/Welsh and Irish National teams. I guess you can't have one without the other unfortunately.

;) ;) ;)
:SN:[font

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2013, 01:33:10 PM »
        Riff,

Riff ,
         My comment was tongue in cheek, no offence intended. I do tend to agree with you, unfortunately whilst the standard of the EPL has improved, since the introduction of unlimited imported players, it has hindered the opportunities of our own home bred players and has caused the demise of the English/Scottish/Welsh and Irish National teams. I guess you can't have one without the other unfortunately.

;) ;) ;)

The Spurs manager recently said that he would love to sign decent English players but they are too expensive.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do