SpursNetwork

Tottenham 'in informal talks' for 2012 Olympic stadium

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Tottenham 'in informal talks' for 2012 Olympic stadium
« on: July 27, 2010, 01:03:09 AM »
Tottenham Hotspur is interested in making a bid to takeover the Olympic Stadium in east London after the 2012 Games, BBC London has learned.
The football club has held informal talks with the Olympic Park Legacy Company, but has not submitted a bid for the 80,000-seat Stratford stadium.
West Ham is the only club to have officially bid for the venue, offering to reduce the capacity to 60,000.
Entertainment firm AEG, owner of the O2 Arena, is the other main contender.
The Olympic Park Legacy Company (OLPC) is about to start serious negotiations with sport and entertainment firms about the venue.
The BBC has learned that Tottenham has made contact with the OLPC, although the club's officials denied they had made an official approach.
A spokeswoman said: "Tottenham Hotspur has not, to date, submitted a bid for the Olympic Stadium and, all things proceeding well with our current plans to build a new stadium within Tottenham, we see no need to."White elephant fears   The club is currently working on a planning application for a new 56,000-seat stadium adjacent to their current White Hart Lane ground in north London, but has faced opposition from local police and national heritage groups about their plans.
In March, West Ham announced they had teamed up with Newham Council to launch a bid to turn the Olympic stadium into a 60,000-capacity venue during the winter, which could then be used for athletics in the summer.
Olympics Minister Hugh Roberts said he would be in favour of any solution which prevented the stadium from becoming a white elephant.
"I'd be happy to have anybody in that stadia who uses it regularly and fills it up with people," he said.
"What I want to avoid at all costs is the sort of thing we'd seen in other Games, which is big empty stadia a couple of years after the Olympics has moved on, with nobody using it at all."

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Tottenham 'in informal talks' for 2012 Olympic stadium
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 01:05:46 PM »
 I heard about this on the radio this morning. Doesn't make much sense, I thought the redevelopment plans were going through ok, although they may have hit a couple of snags but thats to be expected. You will always get somebody standing in the way of progress. Surely the local council will welcome this development it will revitalise an area that lets face it is pretty run down. Certainly they wouldn't want us moving out the revenue generated by us fans must be a considerable boost to the local economy. The Olympic Stadium would be an alternative but surely only as a last resort. White Hart Lane is synonimus with Spurs. To move elsewhere would be hard to take and a stadium with a running track round it ( which the olympic stadium is I believe obliged to keep ) never generates much of an atmosphere.   

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 04:59:52 PM »
Tottenham is our home so Tottenham is where our stadium should be.

Olympic stadiums have crap atmospheres anyway
COYS!

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 06:29:19 PM »
No No No!!! This had better be a load of bull****! How can we move out of north london an imigrate south, like a certain group of gypsies that were founded in the south but imigrated up north onto our turf! I hope this doesnt happen and im pretty sure it wont. If west ham get it there is no chance they will fill it up and also by the looks of things you are sat so far away from the pitch behind a stupid athletics track like some of the grounds in Italy, they just do not look like football grounds the fans need to be up close to the action! What dedley said above, we shall not be moved!

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
  • Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 07:01:29 PM »
Its official bullsh*t, only the BBC has reported this, its nowhere else. No need to worry lads.
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline Edspurs

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 10:04:49 PM »
Wouldn't surprise me if Levy has just pushed the story to put pressure on Haringey  ;)

Never fear, our new ground is near!

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 08:19:20 PM »
selfishly wouldnt be to adverse to this as i ,live in the south east and it would be closer.  that beiing said the lane is our home and it wouldnt be the same

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 04:24:06 PM »
selfishly wouldnt be to adverse to this as i ,live in the south east and it would be closer.  that beiing said the lane is our home and it wouldnt be the same
Yes there is that, and you can bet that transport links to the Olympic Stadium will be brilliant. It's a bloody long walk to WHL from 7 sisters so in that way it would be an improvement. However we are TOTTENHAM Hotspur if we move will we do like the gooners and drop the first bit. ( for those that dont know Ars*nal were originally Woolwich Ars*nal till they moved north and dropped the Woolwich bit) which would make us HOTSPUR F.C that just sounds daft best we stay where we are and avoid complications and ridicule.

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2010, 02:12:05 PM »
Tottenham is our home so Tottenham is where our stadium should be.

Olympic stadiums have crap atmospheres anyway

Great point's Dedley