SpursNetwork

Harry Kane to be sold - eventually to make the club money.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Harry Kane to be sold - eventually to make the club money.
« on: April 08, 2015, 04:50:29 PM »
Below is an article from the Daily Mail, however, I didn't originally read this story on there but the App 90minutes.

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy plans new transfer policy based on resale but risks setting the club back 10 years   Link below the story.

Tottenham Hotspur chairman Daniel Levy has told supporters that future transfer policy will include developing young players with resale value
Having failed to successfully reinvest the money received for Gareth Bale, Levy will now turn to more modestly priced players
Although financially sensible, Levy's new plans could risk Spurs falling behind the other top clubs in pursuit of the Champions League

Daniel Levy reportedly told the Tottenham Hotspur Supporters' Trust that after the problems reinvesting the money received for Gareth Bale, future transfer policy would entail the purchase of young players, priced between £10-15million with good potential for resale. This may be financially sensible, but it is hardly reassuring.

Elite clubs, those who challenge for the biggest trophies, do not buy with one eye on selling and this strategy would set Tottenham back a decade to a time when they helped solve problems at Manchester United by trading top performers such as Michael Carrick and Dimitar Berbatov.

Daniel Levy reportedly told the Tottenham Hotspur Supporters' Trust that after the problems reinvesting the money received for Gareth Bale, future transfer policy would entail the purchase of young players, priced between £10-15million with good potential for resale. This may be financially sensible, but it is hardly reassuring.

Elite clubs, those who challenge for the biggest trophies, do not buy with one eye on selling and this strategy would set Tottenham back a decade to a time when they helped solve problems at Manchester United by trading top performers such as Michael Carrick and Dimitar Berbatov.

Indeed, the only time Tottenham demonstrated real Champions League potential was when Levy resisted the likes of Chelsea over Luka Modric.
The moment they started to sell again, Tottenham fell away.

Not even having the Premier League's top goalscorer in Harry Kane has placed them among the elite again — and it is hard to see how that will change if this is the plan.

Nobody overtakes Manchester United by offering a helping hand — no matter how favourable the price.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3029593/Tottenham-chairman-Daniel-Levy-plans-new-transfer-policy-based-resale-risks-setting-club-10-years.html

I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Glenn R

Re: Harry Kane to be sold - eventually to make the club money.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 04:52:20 PM »
If that story is correct then it will make Spurs a money selling club, and not a club challenging for top honours. Does this have anything to do with the cost of the New Club?
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 06:49:04 AM »
We are a selling club, I'm sad to say. Now Harry won't be going anywhere yet, you never know he could just be a one season wonder.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 07:48:21 AM »
What Mr Levy fails to point out is that HE invested the Bale money so badly in the first place. Until he owns up to this fact, and sacks Baldini then we will never bring in any top players no matter how much we have to spend, which by the way will be not much once the ground build gets under way.

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 10:14:36 AM »
What Mr Levy fails to point out is that HE invested the Bale money so badly in the first place. Until he owns up to this fact, and sacks Baldini then we will never bring in any top players no matter how much we have to spend, which by the way will be not much once the ground build gets under way.
[
/quote]

RSS, You are 110% correct, Levy spent the money or should I say WASTED most of it. He and He alone is responsible, NO-ONE else!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:(
:SN:[font

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 04:47:37 PM »
We are a selling club, I'm sad to say. Now Harry won't be going anywhere yet, you never know he could just be a one season wonder.

I agree, he won't be going anywhere YET, until he is worth a fortune.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2015, 04:53:03 PM »

Actually in the 90minute article I originally read Levy stated that he did badly invest the Bale money, and because of that he is going down the road that I reported in the original thread/ post. To be honest I think this has more to do with the new stadium. The question is; once built and most of our debts have been paid off will he then challenge for top honours or will he do that as soon as the new stadium is usable? Or will the club always be a selling club while he is in charge?

Another point; if we are going to be a selling club then managers like Pochettino, as soon as they made a good reputation at the club, will be off to find bigger and better challenges. Then another manager will come in; what we won't have is stability.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Spursx

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2015, 07:38:03 PM »
I just read this and it wouldn't surprise me if there is a backlash if this is correct. Spurs are a top club who charge high prices to watch their team. At least they should commit themselves to challenging for top honours.

Offline Don

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2015, 07:37:36 PM »
Howdy folks,

Hope all is well with everybody on here?

I remember the 60s when Spurs were called the bank of England. We got the best players in Britain and built fantastic teams that challenged for all trophies. Today’s owners, sadly, seem to be about making money, rather than building a capable winning team. If the news is right that we’ve become a selling club then former managers like Arthur Rowe and Bill Nicholson will turn in their graves and no doubt will feel their legacy has been betrayed. If that is the case, then shame on those that have taken Spurs into the 21st Century and let us all down.

I can understand that a new club must be built (and I support that), but that doesn’t mean that we can’t fight for top honours. If Ars*nal can do it, then why can’t we? We should never be the poorer relations of North London, but the actual kings fighting for honours and superiority.

I will always be Spurs until I die, but that doesn't mean I won't criticise my club if they are on the wrong track.

Don

Offline Spursx

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2015, 05:26:05 PM »
A new club has to go hand in hand with success otherwise it will end up a failure. We are building a 56,000 seater stadium and that can only be filled by having a successful season. Levy won't get that by just youngsters alone. Or even being a selling club. I would imagine that quote was paper talk only.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2015, 03:49:22 PM »
A new club has to go hand in hand with success otherwise it will end up a failure. We are building a 56,000 seater stadium and that can only be filled by having a successful season. Levy won't get that by just youngsters alone. Or even being a selling club. I would imagine that quote was paper talk only.

I agree with that. The problem here is that we never hear anything from the board and that is why speculation rife.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do