v
____

Tottenham

Barclays Premier League - 3rd Feb  - KO 13:30  - Ground: The Hawthorns

Offline yidmafioso

• Season Ticket: No
Re: West Brom v Tottenham
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 08:29:27 PM »
We have to win this one . I fancy us for 2-1 .I suppose i`ve gone and jinxed us now .
If your not spurs you`re dead to me

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 12:26:38 AM »
     Its vitally important for us to win this one now with Chelski losing and Arse--- winning, we can close the gap on Chelski and maintain the 6 point gap on the Arse---.

C O Y S      :coys: :coys:
:SN:[font

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 02:08:16 PM »
Our line up is strong, possibly the strongest available to us so fat this season?

A win is a must for reasons already stated but being THFC we will make things hard for ourselves the second part of the season.
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 05:46:41 PM »
A good result with Spurs having 70% of possession. With our 1-0 win over WBA and Chelsea losing we are still in 4th, but one point behind Chelsea.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 06:29:26 PM »
A good win yes totally agree played well and dominated the game with 70% possesion, but it was only 1-0 for all that possesion and 17 corners. Worse still is Defoe our only striker limped off and we played without a recognised striker for half the game !!!
I really do feel sorry for AVB because he seems to be getting things right in the rest of the team bur due to some penny pinching piss poor short sightedness we create loads but have no one to put the ball in the net. We are like a Racing Car without a steering wheel we go like the wind but can't steer in any direction !!!

Gentlemen start praying that Mr Defoe was over acting a bit and that he is fit for the next game because Dempsey is about as much good as an ashtray on a motor bike and Adebayor dosen't look like being back for another fortnight !!!!

I fear not buying a striker in the last window wether he was a world class or even a good "professional" as cover is going to cost us big time this season !!!!!

:-\
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 07:36:13 PM »
A good win yes totally agree played well and dominated the game with 70% possesion, but it was only 1-0 for all that possesion and 17 corners. Worse still is Defoe our only striker limped off and we played without a recognised striker for half the game !!!
I really do feel sorry for AVB because he seems to be getting things right in the rest of the team bur due to some penny pinching piss poor short sightedness we create loads but have no one to put the ball in the net. We are like a Racing Car without a steering wheel we go like the wind but can't steer in any direction !!!

Gentlemen start praying that Mr Defoe was over acting a bit and that he is fit for the next game because Dempsey is about as much good as an ashtray on a motor bike and Adebayor dosen't look like being back for another fortnight !!!!

I fear not buying a striker in the last window wether he was a world class or even a good "professional" as cover is going to cost us big time this season !!!!!

:-\

According to the news Defoe will be out for 4 weeks.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 09:33:41 PM »
Adebayor will be back soon because Burkina Faso knocked Togo out.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 09:34:21 PM »
Adebayor will be back soon because Burkina Faso knocked Togo out.

I was going to ask that; thanks.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 10:39:27 PM »
Bad news about Defoe, good news about Ade!

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 07:41:06 AM »
Strangely enough, It didn't seem to bother us when Defoe went off. Holtby came on and looked sharp. TBH Defoe has been so bad lately I wonder whether we will even miss him.
That said we really should have made more of an effort to find a striker somewhere.
Interesting that he took Walker off, as I thought he was having another dodgy game, very on/off defensively, plus he dosen't look half as good going forward as he used to do, or is it just me ?

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 08:04:31 AM »

RSS61,
     I think that Walker will become an excellent defender, my main criticisms of him are:
1. He gives away too many unnecessary free-kicks in our defensive third.
2. He charges up the wing with the ball and instead of delivering an early cross, he stops and in most cases passes the ball to someone on the halfway line.When Benny overlaps 9 times out of 10 he delivers an early ball into the box which invariably causes problems in the defence.
3. When we are under pressure in defence instead of passing the ball to one of our players he just gives it the big hoof out and invariably it comes straight back again. Having said that he is not the only one guilty of doing it.

:up: :up: :up:

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 08:31:38 AM »

RSS61,
     I think that Walker will become an excellent defender, my main criticisms of him are:
1. He gives away too many unnecessary free-kicks in our defensive third.
2. He charges up the wing with the ball and instead of delivering an early cross, he stops and in most cases passes the ball to someone on the halfway line.When Benny overlaps 9 times out of 10 he delivers an early ball into the box which invariably causes problems in the defence.
3. When we are under pressure in defence instead of passing the ball to one of our players he just gives it the big hoof out and invariably it comes straight back again. Having said that he is not the only one guilty of doing it.

Yes you are right, and another thing. Who is in charge of throw-in instructions ? Both Walker and BAE ( as well as Naughton when playing) throw the ball 20 or so yards aimlessly up the pitch, 90% of the time to the opposition. This is especially dangerous when the throwins are near to our goal line. Can they not practice short throwins to team mates thereby keeping possession ?

:up: :up: :up:

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 08:44:42 AM »
     I was always taught to "throw down the line, aim at a team-mates feet/chest/head", reason being, it makes it difficult for a defender to win the ball + your team-mate can control the ball and lay it off, obviously times have changed. I agree with you.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 11:55:47 AM »

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?