SpursNetwork

Manchester City v Tottenham

Offline Spursx

• Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Manchester City v Tottenham
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2014, 06:20:35 PM »
I didn’t think we played that bad. One missed penalty and two given away tells me we were very unlucky. If Solado had scored things might have been different though. I thought he was a good penalty taker. What we need is luck on our side, and then we might see the tide changing. 

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2014, 07:47:38 PM »
I didn’t think we played that bad. One missed penalty and two given away tells me we were very unlucky. If Solado had scored things might have been different though. I thought he was a good penalty taker. What we need is luck on our side, and then we might see the tide changing.

What we need is some luck on our side.

Jane x :dance:

Offline Spursx

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2014, 07:50:24 PM »

I think what we need is to give the manager some breathing space. He has only been in the job a couple of months. Daniel Levy can't keep sacking managers because they can't produce magic straight away. I am sure we will get there if we have faith.

Offline Jane

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2014, 07:56:43 PM »

I think what we need is to give the manager some breathing space. He has only been in the job a couple of months. Daniel Levy can't keep sacking managers because they can't produce magic straight away. I am sure we will get there if we have faith.

Really? How long? Months, years decades? Or just wait until we are relegated? Will that do it for you?

Jane x >:(

Offline yidmafioso

• Season Ticket: No
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2014, 09:53:53 PM »
I thought 4-1 flattered them .WE started really well and should have been 1 up before they scored.We were well in the game at half time and then disaster struck .A penalty to level it up which we miss and then they get a penalty , we lose a man and its game over .We created 3 or 4 good chances and had the penalty gone in it would have been a different game.The only worrying thing for me is that 1 or 2 went missing at 3-1 down and showed little or no interest in chasing the game.
If your not spurs you`re dead to me

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2014, 08:02:59 AM »
It would seem that once again individual errors destroy what began as a decent team performance. That, coupled by an early give up the fight mentality towards the end, Poch must be pulling his hair out.
With the current squad there really is very little that he can do about it. Is it any wonder he keeps changing the team around ?

Offline Spursx

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2014, 07:23:49 PM »
It would seem that once again individual errors destroy what began as a decent team performance. That, coupled by an early give up the fight mentality towards the end, Poch must be pulling his hair out.
With the current squad there really is very little that he can do about it. Is it any wonder he keeps changing the team around ?

Spot on. Hopefully in the next transfer window we buy the players our manager wants.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2014, 07:18:25 PM »

Spot on. Hopefully in the next transfer window we buy the players our manager wants.

Hopefully,  but we said the same in the previous transfer window.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Jane

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2014, 07:25:06 PM »

Hopefully,  but we said the same in the previous transfer window.

I hope our manager is a strong person and if he wants it he should say.

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2014, 11:41:59 AM »
Tough times ahead in the league, if we dont win against the Toon army then well we will be in a dogfight just to finish in the European places!, we had a good win on Thursday night and created so really good chances and for once put the ball in the net!, but that team is basic 3rd tier really and they calved us open 4 or 5 times so the score flattered us as well!, Our defence is still way to open and players I not doing their job!, to much ball watching, no tracking back and no communication amongst themselves!, it has been like this for at least two seasons and this is why we keep getting spanked by the bigger teams!, if we qualify for the knockout stages of the Europe league we then come face to face with the champions league drop outs and we will have to tighten up at the back first and for most or we will be in for another spanking if were not careful.
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2014, 04:52:47 PM »
Tough times ahead in the league, if we dont win against the Toon army then well we will be in a dogfight just to finish in the European places!, we had a good win on Thursday night and created so really good chances and for once put the ball in the net!, but that team is basic 3rd tier really and they calved us open 4 or 5 times so the score flattered us as well!, Our defence is still way to open and players I not doing their job!, to much ball watching, no tracking back and no communication amongst themselves!, it has been like this for at least two seasons and this is why we keep getting spanked by the bigger teams!, if we qualify for the knockout stages of the Europe league we then come face to face with the champions league drop outs and we will have to tighten up at the back first and for most or we will be in for another spanking if were not careful.

Yes, tough times are ahead, however, and as I said somewhere else, he needs to look at the match on Thursday when picking his team for Sunday. Harry Kane has earned his place. I am hoping that the Europa match was a turning point for Spurs. A good victory with plenty of goals over Newcastle will help immensely.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2014, 11:22:47 PM »
Yes I agree its well over due to give Harry Kane a starting league run, he is inform, our only inform striker and we have been goal shy in the league, lets throw him at Newcastle to cause them some havoc!!!.
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2014, 04:36:20 PM »
Yes I agree its well over due to give Harry Kane a starting league run, he is inform, our only inform striker and we have been goal shy in the league, lets throw him at Newcastle to cause them some havoc!!!.

I don't know why he doesn't use two strikers up front.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2014, 07:22:24 AM »
       I'll tell you why Voice, its quite simply because he is of the opinion(as was AVB) that its somehow better to play with 5 across the middle, but as we all know it don't work for us because at the moment we don't seem to have the quality of midfielders to make that system work. IMO :tickedoff: :tickedoff:  So its the same old, same old story. I think we are in for a very long and sad season, :nods: :nods: but I am ever hopeful. :-\ :-\
:SN:[font

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2014, 04:44:46 PM »
       I'll tell you why Voice, its quite simply because he is of the opinion(as was AVB) that its somehow better to play with 5 across the middle, but as we all know it don't work for us because at the moment we don't seem to have the quality of midfielders to make that system work. IMO :tickedoff: :tickedoff:  So its the same old, same old story. I think we are in for a very long and sad season, :nods: :nods: but I am ever hopeful. :-\ :-\

And he is right, that is he is right if he had the right players to play his system. Soldado and Kane are better playing with somebody up front. When we've scored goals - most of the time - it is when there are two up front.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do