SpursNetwork

Harry is annoyed

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Harry is annoyed
« on: November 26, 2009, 01:38:36 PM »
Found this article http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1231119/I-hate-Spurs-fans-slag-Robbie-Keane-says-boss-Harry-Redknapp.html.

What are your thoughts? I was angry as well when he left. Anyway, I have somehow forgiven him and I was more than annoyed when I saw some fans jubilant when they discovered that Keane was not going to play against Wigan.

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
Re: Harry is annoyed
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 03:43:13 PM »
Just people criticising him re-signing Keane. To be honest, im glad we brought keane back, but i don't think we should have made him captain. Now Harry is in a position where he always has to play keane because he is captain and it looks weird every game taking you captain off.

that what i don't agree with

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 05:46:42 PM »
Well now its true with what biggs said. Since defoe and crouch made such an impact, how will Keano play? Would you forsake that partnership for Keane to play? I would certainly not but then we shall see their performance against Villa. If we win handsomely i say screw keano and let him stay on the bench for a while. But not too long we wouldnt want our captain to be delusional do we?

Offline bigv

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 07:07:42 PM »
I have made no secret of my dislike for Keane. I feel he should be used as a squad player. I wouldnt start Crouch either as his inclusion from the start makes us too predictable and forces us into playing the long ball against tougher opposition.  Keane doesnt cut it anymore for me. If we sell Pav (which i am against) I would buy someone suited to playing with Defoe and use the other 2 as Impact players. Harry made a big mistake in making Keane captain, I would have picked Wilson Palacious.

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
  • Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 09:35:31 PM »
Do be silly. You can't put Wilson as captain when there are many more contenderss who are better suited for the job. As for Keane, I like the way he and Defoe link up together and despite what some may thing, they CAN play together. He didnt play on sunday because of what happened mid week, I would expect him to be back in the starting line up against Aston Villa though, and I for one will not be upset by this.
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline bigv

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 10:35:56 PM »
what happened in midweek was just an excuse that Harry cleverly utilised. Didnt see Duff, Given or richard Dunne dropped to the bench did you????

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
  • Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 10:02:19 AM »
Good point, I still feel that Keane brings a lot to the team and he deserves to be in the starting line up.
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson